Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I know no one cares about this lol but I need to think of something beside the fact that I dislike the album

Β 

I can't at California... it makes me think of my ex so damn much

He was very weak, lazy and sad and I always told him it was okay... that I could make him feel stronger... and he left me THREE times... and if he called me once more I'd get the fuck up, look my best, spend all my money on taking him to the very best places etc...Β  :defeated:

the locals think the kanye namedrop is shade while the intellectuals would understand that she is saying that the "loss" of him is as saddening to her as the tensions between the countries, LA burning, global warming and more that she lists in the outro of The Greatest.

Β 

grow up.

Β 

Well of course it is expressed as a "loss" (lol), but she's shaded him on Instagram anyway while selectively ignoring the fuckery of her other idols she's romanticized who hold far more impact than Kanye so it's really neither here nor there.Β 

Β 

Anyway, back to the album. It's nice that they tried something different for How To Disappear, but it doesn't really work for me. Her vocals sound detached from the music. That said I'm glad it didn't result in a boring piano ballad that goes nowhere, she has quite enough of them due to producer incompetency. Can she hook up with a talented pianist likeΒ Janko Nilovic or something.

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

valerie go away

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

I know no one cares about this lol but I need to think of something beside the fact that I dislike the album

Β 

He was very weak, lazy and sad and I always told him it was okay... that I could make him feel stronger... and he left me THREE times... and if he called me once more I'd get the fuck up, look my best, spend all my money on taking him to the very best places etc...Β  :defeated:

Β 

Wish I would find me a freak like thatΒ zu3VGo9.gif

into your eyesΒ tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifΒ my face remains

so you basically live in Game of Thrones, right?Β  :creep:

Β 

literally the complete opposite, GOT was near the south border and I'm at the north borderΒ 

i was in Dubrovnik only once for a school trip lol

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

How to Disappear transition to guitar is stunning and the people here dragging it are only doing so because it’s different from the live version they beat to death on replay. Sorry, just fax

I dont like the live version, I like how it was when they were in the middle of the production and she did a livestream on the studio. There were some stunning cadences that are gone.

Did anyone else also find the 3rd verse on HTD so weird? How it comes in super strong when it should be the softest part of the song

:air: I'm sorry for you

Β 

finalnd? put on a coat sweetie aren't you cold writing that nonsense with frozen fingers

Β 

jk croatia is shit

giphy.gif

Well of course it is expressed as a "loss" (lol), but she's shaded him on Instagram anyway while selectively ignoring the fuckery of her other idols she's romanticized who hold far more impact than Kanye so it's really neither here nor there.Β 

Β 

Anyway, back to the album. It's nice that they tried something different for How To Disappear, but it doesn't really work for me. Her vocals sound detached from the music. That said I'm glad it didn't result in a boring piano ballad that goes nowhere, she has quite enough of them due to producer incompetency. Can she hook up with a talented pianist likeΒ Janko Nilovic or something.

most of those past idols are dead and there's not a huge point in calling a dead person out

giphy.gif

i think fiily album version was... not... neccesary... like... it's boring i'm sorry the drums were LIT instead of changing it she could have changed doin time a little bit

the instrumentals of how to disappear completely drown out lana’s beautiful crooning voice which is unfortunate considering the song is supposed to be simple and affecting and is instead an overproduced mess

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

most of those past idols are dead and there's not a huge point in calling a dead person out

Β 
There's no huge point in romanticizing them either. Death suddenly erases domestic abuse, rape, and racism I guess. Lou Reed was alive when Brooklyn Baby was recorded, so yeah, pretty relevant.Β 
Β 
"Couldn't be you", of course.Β 
Β 
Anyway, is Jack the only producer on the album version of Fuck It I Love You?Β 

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Β 

Oh FUCK. I haven't listened yet, but I'm guessing that it's emotionally wrecking? Sorry maaaaaaaaaan. Sing it past the FUCKING ROOFTOPSΒ 1zx2ow4.jpg

UV/Honeymoon