Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I am literally crying reading all this acclaim AND I STILL DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM HELP ME GUYS

I more than anyone was waiting for this album and I was SURE it was going to like change my life :rip:

Hey :) I guess the main thing with it is listening to it without aesthetical expectations based on her previous work -if that's possible-. It has surprised me a lot, and there's things still don't really work for me on it -HTD, why, why...-, but some songs I thought were crap -HIAB- sound now like the most representative signs of the path her music is going to take from now on, and that's everything but crap. I'm expecting to read reviews after it's release too, I think it's gonna help me think on a more coherent way about the project, and also the time has to go by and let the music make sense for itself. Don't despair, sure it'll end being a huge beautiful trip!

If there's any more high budget videos on the way, I hope it's for the title track! I think she could really come up with some great and creative concept for that one.

My email said the vinyls I ordered from her store we’re going to be shipped on the 30th. I was hoping to have it on the 30th. I also ordered the UO one the first day it was available and when I check the site now it says those are on backorder so I’m not sure when I’ll get that one either.

Mine say this too but I’m hoping it’s wrong. Every other artist I’ve preordered from have said that too and most still somehow arrive the day of release. I have had two that came a few weeks later though so I’m hoping that isn’t the case with NFR. But I feel like just because I want this one the most, it’ll take the longest to arrive.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

If there's any more high budget videos on the way, I hope it's for the title track! I think she could really come up with some great and creative concept for that one.

I agree

I expect her new setlist to look like this (in no order)

born to die

blue jeans

video games

summertime sadness

ride

west coast

shades of cool

cherry

white mustang

change

norman fucking rockwell

mariners apartment complex

venice bitch

fuck it i love you

doin time

love song

cinnamon girl

happiness is a butterfly

Probably something like that. But she HAS to play California live or I'll sue!

Smh at the reviewer who thinks BTD is her weakest album... even if that were the case, it's a collection of amazing and unique songs and that only goes to show the quality of her music catalog. 

Anyway, I'm glad NFR is getting so much praise cause she clearly deserves it  :)

Probably something like that. But she HAS to play California live or I'll sue!

Yes, and reveal us its non existent outro :biblio: What a way to ruin a song...

Just wondering if the vinyl is expected to arrive on/around the 30th?

I know some stores have received CDs and vinyls and have already put them on shelves, but I haven't heard/gotten any shipping confirmation from Lana's store - maybe they'll ship ON the 30th?

I remember people getting the Honeymoon vinyl delivered to their mailboxes a few days before the 18th in 2015. Has anyone gotten their vinyl yet?

in the order confirmation email i got, it’s supposed to ship ON the 30th. but i’m hoping it arrives on the 30th. highly doubt it.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I absolutely adore half of the songs on the album, the other is only okay-ish, it's just something about the production that throws me off. But I still really love Lana as an artist and I'm so happy that she seems to be more at peace with herself. Super proud of her!

Songs I love: MAC,VB,FIILY,CG,HTD (will replace with Itunes Event version), California, TG

Songs I probably won't listen to at all: TNBAR (BAR is so much more emotional I think, dislike the lyrics on the remake), HIADT

i was gonna write a long ass paragraph about why reviewers who dissed her earlier albums are now giving her amazing scores across the board and ignoring some of her dumber lyrics and the terrible production on songs like htd but i don’t have the energy someone else do it for me

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

I'm so happy and proud she's getting all this universal acclaim though

i was gonna write a long ass paragraph about why reviewers who dissed her earlier albums are now giving her amazing scores across the board and ignoring some of her dumber lyrics and the terrible production on songs like htd but i don’t have the energy someone else do it for me

I was literally thinking of the same damn thing. did they really have to take so damn much time to understand the LDR universe or is it pure misogyny

prolly cause her music is a lot less cringy and overly dramatic to listen to 

sgopYhV.gif