Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I have listened to the Album wooow :flutter: :flutter:

It's so good. So fucking good. I like every single Song and I'm not able to rank now. I need more listens to be able to rank the tracks. And dk if it is her best but it is one of her best. The Intro of NFR the transitioning from NFR to MAC ...ICONIC :hdu: :worship:

And LOVE SONG HITS ME SO HARD AND CALIFORNIA LEFT ME SPPECHLESS: A PENIS IS A BUTTERFLY IS MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN I THOUGHT AND BARTENDER IS SO SWEET AND THE CG OUTRO

:thankyou:

I MISS YOU AND THIS THREAD BUT WE WILL SEE US IN THE POST RELEASE THREAD :kiss: :kiss2: :kiss3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

eclipse should've been the extra lol

he would have spoiled all of it lmao, especially the blonde wig. I'll give it to Win that it was good of him to keep it a secret, especially the wig part lol.

locals only

i've finally listened to the whole thing and i was very surprised by how good and solid the album is throughout. i was pretty meh on most of the pre-release tracks but she proved me wrong (again). one thing that i have to mention first is that the production is stellar what the fuck ugh... daddy Antonoff came through. 

anywhom, here are my thoughts:

- Norman fucking rockwell: i was only pressing play and i'm already bald by the first track. her voice sounds so soothing and the chill and sweet atmosphere is so captivating. one of her best openers tbh, don't @ me.

- Venice Bitch: 9 minutes of pure bliss.

- Cinnamon GOD: the song that i was anticipating the MOST and she didn't disappoint me! her voice during the post chorus gives me chills. the song gives off major Born to Die vibes and i LOVE IT. this is a discography highlight in my book idc idc

- How to Disappear: a sad christmas bop. the beat is so hypnotizing and keeps your head swaying back and forth. i'm obsessed.

- Doin' Time: a good old slutty summer bop and it fits just fine in the album x

- Fuck it i love you: she didn't NEED to do this to me:

"dream a little dream of meeeee

make me into something sweeeeet

turn the radio on, dancing to a pop song

fucKK it i luh yooouu

fuck it luuh you-ooouuuuuuuu

fuck i luh youuUUUUuuuuUUuu"

kh5LE4A.gif

THAT part is a fucking eargasm. :defeated:

the vocal delivery, the humor, the beauty, the warmth. i am in TEARS. i was so relieved pleasantly surprised when i first heard this song and i'll probably never get tired of it. another discography highlight.

i need more time to digest the other tracks. i'm still shaking from the amount of excellence and creativity displayed here.

i've also noticed that this is her peak in terms of lyrics. the songwriting is so damn good and more elaborate. the themes and motives she's singing about here are basically the same as in her previous records, but there's something about the delivery, the way she's delivering emotions... it changed, and in the best way possible. the lyrics hold more delicacy and emotional value. everything seems so larger than life, yet so detailed and intricate. i don't know how to express it but it's fucking genius. she's really stepping up her pen game and i'm so HERE for it.

where would i rank this album? FOR NOW, i think it might be her third best one after Honeymoon and Ultraviolence, which is funny because the album sounds like a cross between the sadness and the vulnerability of UV, and the light and mellow atmosphere of Honeymoon.

she's finally showcasing her talent and skills and I'm so proud. Lust for Grease could never.

so I guess we're just going to die knowing that we never made it to 4000 huh

You and your 2 posts didn’t help much sis lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

this thread has reached that point where it feels like everyone's going to make a departure speech about their part in it

*clinks glass with spoon* 

it's been a ride everybody, a real ride.... what can i say. there's been ups and downs, highs and lows but no one died. though i'm sure many of us would have gladly run each other over at one time or another, i... *camera fades out* 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

The FACT THAT I CRYING TO CINNAMON GIRL RIIGHT NOW: I DONT WANT THIS OR THE ALBUM TO END PLEASEE LAST FOREVER :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:THE ALBUM FEELS TO SHORT

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

this thread has reached that point where it feels like everyone's going to make a departure speech about their part in it

*clinks glass with spoon* 

it's been a ride everybody, a real ride.... what can i say. there's been ups and downs, highs and lows but no one died. though i'm sure many of us would have gladly run each other other at one time or another, i... *camera fades out*

Ups and downs and many clowns

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

EARGASM :icant: :horror: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

i've finally listened to the whole thing and i was very surprised by how good and solid the album is throughout. i was pretty meh on most of the pre-release tracks but she proved me wrong (again). one thing that i have to mention first is that the production is stellar what the fuck ugh... daddy Antonoff came through. 

anywhom, here are my thoughts:

- Norman fucking rockwell: i was only pressing play and i'm already bald by the first track. her voice sounds so soothing and the chill and sweet atmosphere is so captivating. one of her best openers tbh, don't @ me.

- Venice Bitch: 9 minutes of pure bliss.

- Cinnamon GOD: the song that i was anticipating the MOST and she didn't disappoint me! her voice during the post chorus gives me chills. the song gives off major Born to Die vibes and i LOVE IT. this is a discography highlight in my book idc idc

- How to Disappear: a sad christmas bop. the beat is so hypnotizing and keeps your head swaying back and forth. i'm obsessed.

- Doin' Time: a good old slutty summer bop and it fits just fine in the album x

- Fuck it i love you: she didn't NEED to do this to me:

"dream a little dream of meeeee

make me into something sweeeeet

turn the radio on, dancing to a pop song

fucKK it i luh yooouu

fuck it luuh you-ooouuuuuuuu

fuck i luh youuUUUUuuuuUUuu"

kh5LE4A.gif

THAT part is a fucking eargasm. :defeated:

the vocal delivery, the humor, the beauty, the warmth. i am in TEARS. i was so relieved pleasantly surprised when i first heard this song and i'll probably never get tired of it. another discography highlight.

i need more time to digest the other tracks. i'm still shaking from the amount of excellence and creativity displayed here.

i've also noticed that this is her peak in terms of lyrics. the songwriting is so damn good and more elaborate. the themes and motives she's singing about here are basically the same as in her previous records, but there's something about the delivery, the way she's delivering emotions... it changed, and in the best way possible. the lyrics hold more delicacy and emotional value. everything seems so larger than life, yet so detailed and intricate. i don't know how to express it but it's fucking genius. she's really stepping up her pen game and i'm so HERE for it.

where would i rank this album? FOR NOW, i think it might be her third best one after Honeymoon and Ultraviolence, which is funny because the album sounds like a cross between the sadness and the vulnerability of UV, and the light and mellow atmosphere of Honeymoon.

she's finally showcasing her talent and skills and I'm so proud. Lust for Grease could never.

THE AMOUNT OF TASTE IS UNBELIEVABLE

OiUHEXQ.jpg