Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"Peak production" when HM is her most minimalist album to date (With NFR coming for the throne) gurl

:eartha:

Yes but Nowels does minimalism well while Jack barely plays piano keys.

Thank you @UltraviolentJack 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I like Honeymoon but most of the tracks sound overly monotonous so I wouldn't want LDR7 to be a 2.0 of that tbh. I would like something very fresh.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

There's a difference between minimalist and laziness. Honeymoon was produced beautifully.

Oh wow you're serving nothing but tea today aren't you?  :fabcat: loves it

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

yall act like minimalist production is the end of the world jfc

Right? :rip:

And have they even listened to VB or MAC? And Jack’s production often starts in a minimimaist fashion and then explodes into psychedeliaz

you guys act like the Honeymoon production and instrumentals aren't the most beautiful, cinematic production from a modern pop music artist

First off. Theres an @ button. 2nd, I never said it wasn't beautiful. But IMO, to call it "peak production" is a reach considering there wasnt much production going on in the first place. Honeymoon IS beautiful, and it's the minor details put into each track that make it so amazing. BUT, I simply cannot agree that it's her best produced album when Ultraviolence, and every thing before, exists. The way Black Beauty starts off so intimate, up close and personal..then explodes into a grand wall of sound....that alone tops anything honeymoon's instrumentals has to offer. I respect your opinion, but dont try and shade. Jeez.

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

What the fuck are you guys complaining about again? Honeymoon's production is absolutely amazing. Period. Those who say that it's not much, it's boring or whatever other tasteless remark, listen closely!!!! There are soo many layers throughout Honeymoon that it's crazy: Honeymoon the song alone is one of the best production in her career. All the strings in the back, her vocals with the echo harmonizing almost with all of it, the subtle drums, the trap beats which work surprisingly well (and what makes HM so unique), all the  different instruments like the flutes, saxophones and castanets, even the production on Burnt Norton is so hypnotic and entrancing, the heavy bass on Freak, the random electric guitars here and there throughout the record. It's so many fucking things that make Honeymoon an excellent masterpiece.  If you think it's boring you just straight up don't know how to listen to it properly or you're just not patient and open minded enough to see every elements of it. Even on HBTB with those overlapping vocals at the end, I swear I can't with some of y'all

Btw, since people dragged me when I said y'all are lacking taste for not liking VB and that I should actually post long-winded answers about why one should like it instead of making ''tired jokes'' (even though 1 day later y'all just when back to saying the same ''tasteless'' jokes too  so fuck off), this whole argument works for VB too, for all those who say it's UnNeCeSsArY and BoRinG, shut the fuck up if you don't know how to appreciate it. It's not just peronal preference or opinion or whatever, if you say THAT kind of production and that kind of song is boring or whatever that it's just lack of taste/common sense in music. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I want Lana to pull off an Amy Winehouse

How to Disappear’s new production gives me Amy vibes for some reason

—-

What if UV had been the track list we know plus Black Beauty and Flipside as closing tracks? Chills.

Although, I do like TOW as a closer.

What the fuck are you guys complaining about again? Honeymoon's production is absolutely amazing. Period. Those who say that it's not much, it's boring or whatever other tasteless remark, listen closely!!!! There are soo many layers throughout Honeymoon that it's crazy: Honeymoon the song alone is one of the best production in her career. All the strings in the back, her vocals with the echo harmonizing almost with all of it, the subtle drums, the trap beats which work surprisingly well (and what makes HM so unique), all the different instruments like the flutes, saxophones and castanets, even the production on Burnt Norton is so hypnotic and entrancing, the heavy bass on Freak, the random electric guitars here and there throughout the record. It's so many fucking things that make Honeymoon an excellent masterpiece. If you think it's boring you just straight up don't know how to listen to it properly or you're just not patient and open minded enough to see every elements of it. Even on HBTB with those overlapping vocals at the end, I swear I can't with some of y'all

Anyone who can't state their opinion without bashing someone else, and again not having the balls to address them directly is a joke. Get off your fucking high horse and realize your opinion isnt state law. Ctfu :lmao:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

First off. Theres an @ button. 2nd, I never said it wasn't beautiful. But IMO, to call it "peak production" is a reach considering there wasnt much production going on in the first place. Honeymoon IS beautiful, and it's the minor details put into each track that make it so amazing. BUT, I simply cannot agree that it's her best produced album when Ultraviolence, and every thing before, exists. The way Black Beauty starts off so intimate, up close and personal..then explodes into a grand wall of sound....that alone tops anything honeymoon's instrumentals has to offer. I respect your opinion, but dont try and shade. Jeez.

finally someone said it

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Anyone who can't state their opinion without bashing someone else, and again not having the balls to address them directly is a joke. Get off your fucking high horse and realize your opinion isnt state law. Ctfu :lmao:

Sorry I was too lazy to quote every single person who said that. my bad. Also, the only thing I said that would imply me bashing somebody else was the word tasteless, which is already kind of a joke, we all have taste here obviously. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I know it’d be a little weird lyrically for Lana to cover this but I’d really love to hear her cover Coney Island Baby on this record. The instrumental is beautiful

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

rih did this from rated r till TTT and it resulted in having unfinished songs on the album and was so messy in the long run

Ari's TUN album is questionable already and it should have just been a standalone single 

anyway as if this isn't what lana's been doing since like late uv, early hm tho do u really think she's serving us "eras", "promo cycles" or something like that ? 

they literally just book sum festivals every other summer and thats it

TUN is questionable? sis. The album went #1 and all the tracks are on BB10. The album is cohesive and great. It stands to show the fact that you don't need to wait a whole 2 years to make and release albums, if you have the time to execute it without rushing. 

Yes she has been serving eras and promo cycles, even if they don't seem like it. releasing a single, then a music video, then another single, then the title/cover/tracklist, then another single before the release of the album including photoshoots and other press is the definition of a promo cycle. and we've been getting that in some form for every album besides NFR.  :eyeroll2:  :eyeroll2:  :eyeroll2:

It seems now that Lana isn't into that anymore and just wants to release music how she pleases, so I could see her disregarding typical promotion aspects and just doing whatever she wants. I think it'd suit her anyhow