Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Does anyone else have a hard time believing in Lana’s happiness? I mean, to me, the perspective of her being happy was sort of perverted by the LFL era. At the beginning of it she seemed to be in such a happy place, and to have made such a positive album - but then, she started to say she wasn’t that happy and the album ended up messy as hell.

Ever since, something has been off. Until Honeymoon, there was some cohesiveness to her discography (she was playing a role, but it made sense). With LFL, she was saying she was getting out of the black but at the same time she emphasized she wasn’t. She tried to play with every genre she could but in the end the record didn’t tell us much.

Maybe it’s because she hasn’t been communicating much for the past year and a half (about her music nor about her life), maybe it’s because I don’t believe in this instagram baddie sort of happiness, but I don’t understand what she’s trying to do with this era. She seems to play the ‘happy’ card again but then again, she only sings about love and sadness and she seems to haven given up on the idea of singing about something that isn’t only HER.

I honestly feel she just does what she wants after the big LFL era (big promo, big videos, big tour..). She wants to write and sing. Period. Plus the recording took some time with Jack being NY-based.

About the happiness part, HIaB could be her new found answer on the matter: happiness is leaving and coming fast; in the meantime, enjoy your life. With LFL, she got caught up in a very intense period of super happiness : she was probably falling in love, recording something new, making peace with her past. But it didn’t last, it never does. I guess she didn’t want to sing about being peacefully in love (Yosemite) when she just got dumped by G-Eazy. I feel she needed to take some distance from the public spotlight, regather, and do what she wants, including in the promo (being minimal) of this era.

Well what you think and what science has proven about language are two different things. Take a look at this article just for more proof that words are so powerful they can change a person's perception on color and how they see the world. As much as you'd like to think language plays no role in how the world is perceived and how society works, it really does. So as harmless as the terms black and white seem to you when referring to negative and positive, they really do hold influence outside of language itself.

https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-didn-t-see-the-colour-blue-until-modern-times-evidence-science

There have been various studies conducted to try to work this out, but one of the most compelling was published in 2006 by Jules Davidoff, a psychologist from Goldsmiths University of London.

Davidoff and his team worked with the Himba tribe from Namibia. In their language, there is no word for blue and no real distinction between green and blue.

To test whether that meant they couldn't actually see blue, he showed members of the tribe a circle with 11 green squares and one obviously blue square.

Well, obvious to us, at least, as you can see below. But the Himba tribe struggled to tell Davidoff which of the squares was a different colour to the others.

Those who did hazard a guess at which square was different took a long time to get the right answer, and there were a lot of mistakes.

But, interestingly, the Himba have lots more words for green than we do.

So to reverse the experiment, Davidoff showed English speakers this same circle experiment with 11 squares of one shade of green, and then one odd square of a different shade.

As you can see below, it's pretty tough for us to distinguish which square is different. In fact, I really can't see any differences. The Himba tribe, on the other hand, could spot the odd square out straight away.

i mean... this has nothing to do with metaphors or the symbolic meaning of colours tho..

it’s more of a cultural thing and most cultures have had different approaches towards colours with naming colours as of relevance, orange and pink were red some time ago, teal was green or even blue.

however the whole correlation of that random study, everyday and institutional racism in america and the symbolic use of colours really is.. a reach.

and i say that as someone who criticised her for days once i read that line in hope. it’s not even a good line and leaves such a sour taste especially because she released it after calling kanye a narcissist not so long ago. she’s really been living in La La Land since she moved to la.

i76mrxw.png 

i mean... this has nothing to do with metaphors or the symbolic meaning of colours tho..

it’s more of a cultural thing and most cultures have had different approaches towards colours with naming colours as of relevance, orange and pink were red some time ago, teal was green or even blue.

however the whole correlation of that random study, everyday and institutional racism in america and the symbolic use of colours really is.. a reach.

and i say that as someone who criticised her for days once i read that line in hope. it’s not even a good line and leaves such a sour taste especially because she released it after calling kanye a narcissist not so long ago. she’s really been living in La La Land since she moved to la.

It isn't a reach though, and it's not about culture either. The tribe lacked any sort of word for blue, thus resulting in them not being able to distinguish the color. If your mind is powerful enough to let language change your actually vision and perception of what you see around you, how is giving a negative connotation towards the word black not doing the same to a young child's mind? That everytime they hear or see the word black, they'll think of something bad because society didn't care to change the language. I know to most it seems like a stretch, but come on now, if something as simple as lacking a word can result in your actual physical body not being able to process something, as the example is a color, do you not think teaching those before us and the next generations to come that the word black is negative can have an extreme influence on why racism was so big, and still is so big nowadays?

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Ok so totally random thought but . So u know how Lana references food every now and then? Like exclude Cinnamon she's a spice. What do ya think NFR's gonna have referenced? I was thinking of a turkey, but that's in no way glamorous (nd also not a green smoothie) 

I wanna know what the weather's like for the record, will it be Spring? There're just so many questions - 

263g500.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Ok so totally random thought but . So u know how Lana references food every now and then? Like exclude Cinnamon she's a spice. What do ya think NFR's gonna have referenced? I was thinking of a turkey, but that's in no way glamorous (nd also not a green smoothie)

I wanna know what the weather's like for the record, will it be Spring? There're just so many questions -

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Imagine the melody of the song Cherry Blossom but with the lyrics "turkey dinnerrr"

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

lana in three months: dm me proof of your LanaBoards user and if you didn't slam Venice bitch or hope is a jjsbkfbjbs,dvujfb,sd - asugus, and I'll send a free cd + $32.99 shipping of a signed Norman fracking Rockwell cd!!!

giphy.gif

lana in three months: dm me proof of your LanaBoards user and if you didn't slam Venice bitch or hope is a jjsbkfbjbs,dvujfb,sd - asugus, and I'll send a free cd + $32.99 shipping of a signed Norman fracking Rockwell cd!!!

lemme edit my posts talking shit about hope is a ugly song real quick 

2ohtiJP.png

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I said I wasn't gonna buy it, but I lied. BUT, this record is a spring record, so if she decides to release it in summer, she better fucking change the production to be hotter and spicier and more electric guitar with some dope beats so I can drink my margaritas to it or else I'm going back to downloading it for free with an mp3 downloader once YouTube posts the full HQ album on her topic channel

tumblr_otigdmICRs1qk7scno1_400.gif

I said I wasn't gonna buy it, but I lied. BUT, this record is a spring record, so if she decides to release it in summer, she better fucking change the production to be hotter and spicier and more electric guitar with some dope beats so I can drink my margaritas to it or else I'm going back to downloading it for free with an mp3 downloader once YouTube posts the full HQ album on her topic channel

Imagine using a YouTube download when a simple Google search can get you the iTunes zip, or even the 24Bit FLAC. Your mind...

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Imagine using a YouTube download when a simple Google search can get you the iTunes zip, or even the 24Bit FLAC. Your mind...

I'm a broke bitch with a broken laptop charger and a phone that keeps asking me to clean my storage every hour. This sis can't fit even one 24bit song on her phone! I guess that's my fault though for investing in a 1 terabyte laptop and an 8 gigabyte phone

I'm a broke bitch with a broken laptop charger and a phone that keeps asking me to clean my storage every hour. This sis can't fit even one 24bit song on her phone! I guess that's my fault though for investing in a 1 terabyte laptop and an 8 gigabyte phone

Well sis you can at least get the iTunes link or the official 320 Kbps MP3. Anything but going through the hassle of coverting each song

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Well sis you can at least get the iTunes link or the official 320 Kbps MP3. Anything but going through the hassle of coverting each song

As long as someone's kind enough to put it on tumblr or dropbox or mega as individual songs and not a zip cause my phone can't open those. A bitch be praying though

I usually just download videos like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLGjeR9bvI&list=OLAK5uy_nIKMbuSAOxnLGiMM09jdug9vn_JAGsj_Y&index=8&t=0s

Like the official ones YouTube posts and they don't sound half bad

As long as someone's kind enough to put it on tumblr or dropbox or mega as individual songs and not a zip cause my phone can't open those. A bitch be praying though

If you have Android, download ES File explorer. If you have iPhone.... :eartha: