Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

and this abomination just sprung up in my city ...... what does it mean.......... what does it all mean....

53117851_395352224356759_361914426201001

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

where is that hillsong being built?

feeling generously chaotic tonight xx

3nCATXH.jpg

I am still shocked by Ben's bad faith. "iF wE hAd A dAtE yOu wOuLd kNoW iT" yeah sure as if they were transparent about what they were doing - as if West Coast's title hadn't been revealed because of the MMITPM thing, as if LFL's release date hadn't been revealed because of the May 26th thing, as if we had been told that they were, at some point, planning on releasing NFR on March 29, or LFL on May 26.

I need Yosemite to pretend I'm happy when I literally wanna die in my everyday life

perfectly said, we all can appreciate and use Yosemite's everlasting grace within our daily lives, would anyone else like to share their personal needs for Yosemite?

perfectly said, we all can appreciate and use Yosemite's everlasting grace within our daily lives, would anyone else like to share their personal needs for Yosemite?

I believe it will provide us all with a will to live and get Lana to fucking say something about her album. Godsendmite is love, Godsendmite is life. :flutter:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

"...Light pours off everything here;

in late February, certainly,

in rivulets and billowing, slowly pulsing

sheets; down sun-struck stone.

But also in April.

As the snowmelt plays with the feathered

ends of branches and buds and in June,

When the waterfalls caress upturned faces

And eyelashes become glittering pinpoints

of rainbow gold.

Light pours off everything here;

Down August heated stone and

silent September switchbacks,

Through skeletal leaves in late November

as everything adopts the colors of the sun
Through aspens, quivering in the evening light,

breathing in the last heat of the year,

And smoothly across piles of fresh snow 
Through the evening mist and over every

soft crevasse in cloud.

The Horsetail Fall spectacle draws so many

hearts and eager eyes to a cluster of

meadow-edges and riverbanks; 

Bated breath to see the dying light of day

illuminate a spear of water on stone.
And magnificent it certainly is.

But turn those same eager eyes towards

the sun

and the way it caresses Yosemite

Every day:

Bear witness

to the true range of light."

52406551_253775028834077_880491741941319

Praise Yosemite!

We did it for fun

giphy.gif

We did it for free

AuATEYY.gif

I did it for you

XMmlJa.gif

You did it for me

ZOS3UC.gif

We did it for

XjRY.gif

The right reasons

giphy.gif

8LQ1.gif

coming after our quick scripture reading, i find it imperative that we pay some newfound and traditional respect, admiration, and praise to the single man who ventured out into the uncharted world to catalogue Yosemite for the modern world to see, hear, read, and believe in. While he didn't discover the territory, he was the man who was able to document and spread some of the first recorded remarks of prayer and belief- and for that we do thank him. Leading tonight's prayer will be me, of course, with a choir performance in the final 15 minutes- you may make rightful and personal sacrifices and good tidings throughout the sermon, praise love, praise light, praise yosemite <3

"“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” 

31326606_1194188187389185_89670070968139

a gorgeous video showcasing Yosemite in her glory, from a time in which Lana's artistic peak

creates its own bridge to Yosemite's subjective peak in film and capture

If you guys can't keep this on topic and stop spamming i'm gonna lock the thread for a day  :crossed:

and yes yosmite posting is off topic and honestly getting pretty old  :crossed:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Honestly I just want a release date. Even if it’s October of 2020, I still just want a DATE

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Fun fact: Yosemite comes from a Native American phrase meaning "those who kill", in reference to a badass tribe of Native American renegades, that lived in that valley. Maybe that gives LDR some kind of vague trepidation for releasing the song.

www.yosemite.ca.us/library/origin_of_word_yosemite.html

Even if she does have such, she should release the song on NFR, because Travis Scott did release a song named Yosemite and apparently got no flack for it (so LDR could claim gender discrimination if she does).

What do you all expect the title track to sound like?

I was expecting an angry psychedelic, electric guitar affair, but seems like it will be more in the vein of HIAB if it’s near the beginning of the record like her other title tracks.

If you guys can't keep this on topic and stop spamming i'm gonna lock the thread for a day  :crossed:

and yes yosmite posting is off topic and honestly getting pretty old  :crossed:

u should do it like atrl and lock it already. reopen it when we get new info

image.png

I had a real terrible firsthand experience from one of my friend's religious mom's friend who came across one of those people who gave out tracts, and they were like these ones prophesizing doom, and lemme tell ya it was just freaky and sometimes the fucking faces on them just tsk. I mean nothing against them, they're pegged down from those personality tests that they have around the city yada yada rather not getinto that. So when I came on to this fucking ass thread w the mentions of omens, talk about fall, the glum colors, and the fuckin scenery against the star lit skies I had to do a double take likee this thread is dying, fast.. .

I'd actually like to see how Yosemite would play out, since we got a glimpse of the whole America pics from before, but it depends so much on how it sounds, and what it's about. Sure the whole happy place thing, and just being able to let go and be happy, that's great, but aside from a few lines, we know nothing else about it. Maybe it's the pics, or the actual place, and how I associate the cold w it, but at the moment, it sounds more like a track that isn't as vibrant, and more so solemn, like LiB idk 

Fine China, Yes To Heaven (Lost ver.), Angels Forever, and BAR were heavenly but made no place on any record. It gets me thinking about how she thought of releasing an unreleased collection of 25 tracks. Yosemite can be the front runner of it. That or have it attached to some kind of film. But again. We fucking know nothing

To follow up, March 29th, how tf did we get it again. If it's true, then she probably would've said something at the start of next month anyway, which we don't even know. Imagine the torture of having to know nothing even further when the 29th comes. There're some good people here Lana, hoping that u don't flick us all off again. Probs my fault for getting attached but it actually stung 

I was expecting an angry psychedelic, electric guitar affair, but seems like it will be more in the vein of HIAB if it’s near the beginning of the record like her other title tracks.

Definitely expecting something a bit more sarcastic, and Idk somewhere along the sound of Wait For Life, but w the dressings of what we've gotten so far. Thinking of like. Sad Girl, mixed w HM, but a bit more uptempo idk where I pulled that from 

UV/Honeymoon

I think it would be cool if she had like drums a la military march style to build up the song and a rhythm like 24. I don't really think she'd do a song like this though. But I somehow think it'd be cool with an instrumental like that while she hums "Norman fucking Rockwell" somewhere in the chorus, lol.

But I guess she'll sing-talk it like in her previous songs. Feels like a safer bet. :whatever2:  

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png