Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Didn’t the press release say the lead single wascoming shortly after Hope? It’s been five weeks and no announcement, but I guess Lana only gives a couple days notice

that could have been the case when that was first released but its safe to assume plans have changed by now, i don't expect anything until mid-march.

anyways

did she lose her spark or something... she no longer knows how to have fun with an era. period. i hope next era changes my mind because she obviously had fun during honeymoon with the honeymoon hotline and the LFL teaser video was amazing and ill never forget... she seemed to really enjoy it all not too long ago... just hope this is her quiet era, its hard to believe she has lost all that excitement in her. i just imagine how beautiful this era could be if she wanted to present more visuals with the music.

I will literally never forgive Lana for this messy era lollll  :toofunny:

It said "the first single [is] forthcoming" 

I think that she's going to surprise release the album (I know I'm a broken record) and then release the first single after the whole album is released, in line with her 'no promotion' promise. HIAB production and video are done, there's absolutely no reason she wouldn't have released it by now otherwise

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

She is talking about herself and she does use black all the time to convey a sad mood. Sylvia in the poem Daddy actually says "black man" but we know she isn't actually talking about a black guy either.

I never once thought she was talking about anyone other than herself in the song and she is the black narcissist.

Well I'm saying, after the girl had two fights, one with Kanye (where she actually referred to him as a narcissist, which furthered speculation) and Azealia, obviously people will have a negative thought. Also I'm not entirely here for still using black as a negative term and white and a positive term. It screams brainwashing for association. It's just like society brainwashing boys with blue and girls with pink. Times have changed, and just because something doesn't seem harmful, doesn't mean it doesn't have negative effects on society. I just thought, as someone who claimed to be all about politics in 2017, posting quotes from Nina Simone, and saying she wanted her work to reflect the times, that she would have more understanding on the power words have and the overall conversation that is going on. I'm saying how out of the loop do you have to be not to see the problems that that line could stir up. It's great to live in your own reality, but at a certain point it paints the picture that you're ignorant.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I will literally never forgive Lana for this messy era lollll  :toofunny:

I think that she's going to surprise release the album (I know I'm a broken record) and then release the first single after the whole album is released, in line with her 'no promotion' promise. HIAB production and video are done, there's absolutely no reason she wouldn't have released it by now otherwise

I'd love a surprise release but I don't think she would as Lana sells a lot of physical albums and once they are making the albums people will likely find out and the cover would be leaked etc. Unless it was released and then the albums went on sale at that time to be pre-ordered but that would be quite messy.

Well I'm saying, after the girl had two fights, one with Kanye (where she actually referred to him as a narcissist, which furthered speculation) and Azealia, obviously people will have a negative thought. Also I'm not entirely here for still using black as a negative term and white and a positive term. It screams brainwashing for association. It's just like society brainwashing boys with blue and girls with pink. Times have changed, and just because something doesn't seem harmful, doesn't mean it doesn't have negative effects on society. I just thought, as someone who claimed to be all about politics in 2017, posting quotes from Nina Simone, and saying she wanted her work to reflect the times, that she would have more understanding on the power words have and the overall conversation that is going on. I'm saying how out of the loop do you have to be not to see the problems that that line could stir up. It's great to live in your own reality, but at a certain point it paints the picture that you're ignorant.

I think its pretty clear that Lana can only be so "woke" as privileged white woman in society. I personally find her covers of Nina Simone beautiful, but a little bit problematic considering cultural appropriation issues in culture as of late, and also the use of the word "ghetto" in the chorus of Art Deco to be slightly offensive. I think obvi white privilege and ignorance is real and Lana is guilty of it, but so are a lot of other artists and at least Lana makes some effort to be socially conscious, even though she falls short A LOT

I will literally never forgive Lana for this messy era lollll :toofunny:

I agree there’s no reason for not having released HIAB by now but I also think there can’t be any rationale behind doing what’s she’s been doing for months. So I guess we have to wait for her to end these dreary months of pain

The English language is literally one of the biggest languages in the world. With so many words to choose from and ways to express yourself, you don't really have the excuse of being confined to something. Especially to stand so tall for a line as dumb as shaking your ass to shake off your narcissistic self. From a songwriter and poetic standpoint I doesn't hold much grit or beauty or meaning for that matter. Maybe I'll give her a thesaurus at her next show if anything!

I'd love a surprise release but I don't think she would as Lana sells a lot of physical albums and once they are making the albums people will likely find out and the cover would be leaked etc. Unless it was released and then the albums went on sale at that time to be pre-ordered but that would be quite messy.

Idk I know a few artists have done this though, Beyoncé w her self-titled album and Lemonade if I remember correctly, and Kanye I believe did it as well as a few others.. If they did it why can't Lana?  :flutter:

I think its pretty clear that Lana can only be so "woke" as privileged white woman in society. I personally find her covers of Nina Simone beautiful, but a little bit problematic considering cultural appropriation issues in culture as of late, and also the use of the word "ghetto" in the chorus of Art Deco to be slightly offensive. I think obvi white privilege and ignorance is real and Lana is guilty of it, but so are a lot of other artists and at least Lana makes some effort to be socially conscious, even though she falls short A LOT

I agree, I just wish she didn't act so annoyed by it. It really came off badly. Writers have always been accountable for what they write, so I'm not sure why she acts like it's a brand new thing just for her. I mean heck, Baby It's Cold Outside got banned. She just needs to realize the world isn't out to get her.

i dont really think lana cares about the competition of other artists, her albums always sell well so it doesnt matter

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I just don't see it at all, black will always mean depressing or gloomy or scary and whatever in art. I wouldnt say black and white is bad and good either, white doesnt really have any meaning green is good or calm, red is angry or warm, blue is sad or cold etc  It's just how it is.

We can't get too carried away about things that don't even mean anything, like Amy Winehouse Back to Black are people going to start saying its racist and is about her not getting the guy she wanted so settling for a black guy.

i dont really think lana cares about the competition of other artists, her albums always sell well so it doesnt matter

honeymoon says hello

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I just don't see it at all, black will always mean depressing or gloomy or scary and whatever in art. I wouldnt say black and white is bad and good either, white doesnt really have any meaning green is good or calm, red is angry or warm, blue is sad or cold etc It's just how it is.

We can't get too carried away about things that don't even mean anything, like Amy Winehouse Back to Black are people going to start saying its racist and is about her not getting the guy she wanted so settling for a black guy.

It sure has to do with her feelings but she can’t get offended by the fact that people get triggered at her using [ a pejorative word for a person + the skin color that is most subject to racism in the US ] without clarifying anything. And maybe you don’t see it but obviously a lot of people do

I just don't see it at all, black will always mean depressing or gloomy or scary and whatever in art. I wouldnt say black and white is bad and good either, white doesnt really have any meaning green is good or calm, red is angry or warm, blue is sad or cold etc It's just how it is.

I'm just telling you when everything surrounding a child is telling them dark/black means depression, sadness, evil and that light/white means heavenly, peace, and sacred, that's not a good thing. Of course we can't go back and change it all, but we can collectively move forward and refrain from using those terms to mean negative and positive, when our language is HUGE, and we are more conscious of respect and the effects that color association have. We're more educated than the times of Sylvia Plath. No need to move backwards. True poets/song writers can convey emotions without resorting to such simplistic terms. I've already posted a lyric that lana could have wrote instead. It's not hard to be considerate of the world around you.

Honeymoon wasn't a flop but the fact that in a few months Lust for life sold what Honeymoon made total in 2 years...says alot

I mean, it still sold well considering how indigestible it is for general audiences. She’s not like some of the other girls who disappear entirely after one high-charting album

Idk I know a few artists have done this though, Beyoncé w her self-titled album and Lemonade if I remember correctly, and Kanye I believe did it as well as a few others.. If they did it why can't Lana? :flutter:

Is she big enough to do that? The names you mentioned don’t need publicity to reach number 1. Lana... not so much. True, her albums are doing well over time, especially on the streaming services. But to surprise release an album, you have to be a big name I think. (Though i’d Love her to surprise release one at some point)

I still don't understand why we have to put every album against eachother like this is some sort of chicken fight. There's a song everyone likes from every album, just live and let live. If it bothers you so much, go take singing lessons, become a producer, rewrite one of Lana's albums and post it online as a mixtape.

Lana might as well surprise release. I mean, shit. With the lack of promo she's doing, unless you're a true fan and keep up with her magazine interviews and whatnot. Where are you gonna hear about the album release date, and are you truly gonna remember it without the promo reminding you?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: