Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm just telling you when everything surrounding a child is telling them dark/black means depression, sadness, evil and that light/white means heavenly, peace, and sacred, that's not a good thing. Of course we can't go back and change it all, but we can collectively move forward and refrain from using those terms to mean negative and positive, when our language is HUGE, and we are more conscious of respect and the effects that color association have. We're more educated than the times of Sylvia Plath. No need to move backwards. True poets/song writers can convey emotions without resorting to such simplistic terms. I've already posted a lyric that lana could have wrote instead. It's not hard to be considerate of the world around you.

I disagree and don't think we should make words bad or untouchable like that.

Can someone please explain to me Starry Eyed (the most recent iteration) and the likelihood it'll be on this album?? I know of the unreleased track Starry Eyed from a while back but I remember hearing that she promised to release another song of the same name for charity?

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I accidentally clicked on the front page on the number of replies this thread has and it tells you how many comments each member has contributed to this thread. Quite shocking that I have like 500+ comments. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I accidentally clicked on the front page on the number of replies this thread has and it tells you how many comments each contributing member has written. Quite shocking that I have like 500+ comments in this thread. :toofunny:

Lol how do you do that

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Can someone please explain to me Starry Eyed (the most recent iteration) and the likelihood it'll be on this album?? I know of the unreleased track Starry Eyed from a while back but I remember hearing that she promised to release another song of the same name for charity?

She was visiting the children’s hospital, there was a radio interview and she was asked to sing Once Upon a Dream by one of the kids. She also started playing a few chords on the ukulele of a song she called Starry-Eyed. It was regally rough and she promised to finish it. I think there might still be a video on her Insta of her playing that. As for the chances of ending up on NFR, it’s anybody’s guess at this point. Did she really finish it (will somebody please think of the children!??)?

She sang a small part of it (improvised) when she went to the Childrens hospital... She titled it Starry Eyed and promised that she'd finish the song and release it for them. I mean it's Lana so her promising dying kids a song is probably as likely as us getting the Cherry video.

Never understood why Honeymoon got so much hate, like, okay, the album's sound is very slow... but it really is not a bad album...? It's much better and more enjoyable than LFL

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Never understood why Honeymoon got so much hate, like, okay, the album's sound is very slow... but it really is not a bad album...? It's much better and enjoyable than LFL

I mean it's her greatest record to date imo. The people who hate it I've noticed tend to ask for a BTD 2.0 every era or stan LFL or both, so...

I mean it's her greatest record to date imo. The people who hate it I've noticed tend to ask for a BTD 2.0 every era or stan LFL or both, so...

The production is very divine and rich, the photoshoots are gorgeous... I can see why people recognize it as her best album tbh.

I've always have seen Honeymoon like that poor girl everyone hates, so I'm glad it's getting love (lately).

The album deserved better...

Does anyone else have a hard time believing in Lana’s happiness? I mean, to me, the perspective of her being happy was sort of perverted by the LFL era. At the beginning of it she seemed to be in such a happy place, and to have made such a positive album - but then, she started to say she wasn’t that happy and the album ended up messy as hell.

Ever since, something has been off. Until Honeymoon, there was some cohesiveness to her discography (she was playing a role, but it made sense). With LFL, she was saying she was getting out of the black but at the same time she emphasized she wasn’t. She tried to play with every genre she could but in the end the record didn’t tell us much.

Maybe it’s because she hasn’t been communicating much for the past year and a half (about her music nor about her life), maybe it’s because I don’t believe in this instagram baddie sort of happiness, but I don’t understand what she’s trying to do with this era. She seems to play the ‘happy’ card again but then again, she only sings about love and sadness and she seems to haven given up on the idea of singing about something that isn’t only HER.

honestly, maybe she realized that the songs weren't getting the love she thought they would get with the random releases and videos, so now she's actually planning something....or maybe management actually intervened. 

OR most likely she's just chilling.........

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

She sang a small part of it (improvised) when she went to the Childrens hospital... She titled it Starry Eyed and promised that she'd finish the song and release it for them. I mean it's Lana so her promising dying kids a song is probably as likely as us getting the Cherry video.

Omg she really is heartless..

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I disagree and don't think we should make words bad or untouchable like that.

Well what you think and what science has proven about language are two different things. Take a look at this article just for more proof that words are so powerful they can change a person's perception on color and how they see the world. As much as you'd like to think language plays no role in how the world is perceived and how society works, it really does. So as harmless as the terms black and white seem to you when referring to negative and positive, they really do hold influence outside of language itself.

https://www.sciencealert.com/humans-didn-t-see-the-colour-blue-until-modern-times-evidence-science

There have been various studies conducted to try to work this out, but one of the most compelling was published in 2006 by Jules Davidoff, a psychologist from Goldsmiths University of London.

Davidoff and his team worked with the Himba tribe from Namibia. In their language, there is no word for blue and no real distinction between green and blue.

To test whether that meant they couldn't actually see blue, he showed members of the tribe a circle with 11 green squares and one obviously blue square.

Well, obvious to us, at least, as you can see below. But the Himba tribe struggled to tell Davidoff which of the squares was a different colour to the others.

Those who did hazard a guess at which square was different took a long time to get the right answer, and there were a lot of mistakes.

But, interestingly, the Himba have lots more words for green than we do.

So to reverse the experiment, Davidoff showed English speakers this same circle experiment with 11 squares of one shade of green, and then one odd square of a different shade.

As you can see below, it's pretty tough for us to distinguish which square is different. In fact, I really can't see any differences. The Himba tribe, on the other hand, could spot the odd square out straight away.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

i hate her lmao :sadcore4:  :sadcore4:

I feel so terrible I laughed at this :rip:

Does anyone else have a hard time believing in Lana’s happiness? I mean, to me, the perspective of her being happy was sort of perverted by the LFL era. At the beginning of it she seemed to be in such a happy place, and to have made such a positive album - but then, she started to say she wasn’t that happy and the album ended up messy as hell.

Ever since, something has been off. Until Honeymoon, there was some cohesiveness to her discography (she was playing a role, but it made sense). With LFL, she was saying she was getting out of the blue, but at the same time she emphasized she wasn’t. She tried to play with every genre she could but in the end the record didn’t tell us much.

Maybe it’s because she hasn’t been communicating much for the past year and a half (about her music nor about her life), maybe it’s because I don’t believe in this instagram baddie sort of happiness, but I don’t understand what she’s trying to do with this era. She seems to play the ‘happy’ card again but then again, she only sings about love and sadness and she seems to haven given up on the idea of singing about something that isn’t only HER.

To me personally, I think LFL always felt fake, I understand it was a step away from the LDR persona but it didn't feel genuine either. Like the album began with songs like 13 Beaches and BAR etc. So it doesn't seem like she intended to make a "happy" album in the beginning.

I just think her posting that image "Lost For Life", the last minute inclusion of Change and then removing Yosemite cos it was too happy proved that she wasn't in the place that she thought or was being told to be in. I remember her talking about the artwork and she said something like "we knew I'd be smiling on the album cover before we shot it" and that's strange - like did her label or management try and force this happiness thing as a marketing plan. Like, even the features and the single choices, none of it felt like Lana.

Perhaps that's why the NFR era is the way it is, was she unhappy with the last era? Did she have no control? Is this a rebellion, refusing to promote etc.

I feel so terrible I laughed at this :rip:

I mean like no offence, but it's Lana, we know she's forgotten about that song.