Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

No one dislikes it, it'd just be cool if she put an alternate mix on the album with extra things to fill in the silent gaps. I know people love those gaps and something something depressional late at night beauty but it would just be nice. Then everyone wins

I've seen lots of people trash it for those exact reasons, not saying the conversation that was going on about there being an alternative mix were hating on the song tho, I agree w that tbh. I would love if she did something like having a version of Hope with more production being in the regular tracklist with the piano version as a bonus track at the end of the album tbh.

qfrWuBl.png

I'll never get why people dislike hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it's production, the fact that it's so stripped back makes me love it even more. The flaws make it perfect for me tbh. It sounds raw. It's one of those songs that don't need a grand production, like 'Liability', 'New Year's Day' and 'Happy Birthday, Johnny'. 

Liability and Happy Birthday Johnny are also boring as hell and amongst the worst ones (if not the worst) from Melodrama and Masseduction, but at least Lorde's and St. Vincent's vocals are somewhat interesting and they carry the song well, unlike Hope (and I'm not that fond of Hope's lyrics too, but that's a personal complain).

New Years Day can't relate because the lyrics are sublime and the stripped down production actually makes sense in the context of the album: she sings about discovering this new love and going through things throught the whole thing and, in the end, when she's settled with a guy she actually loves and appreciates her for who she really is, she sings about the part of love no one sings about, the part where the both of them do mundane things like cleaning bottles together after a party and realizing how in love they are. It's a brilliant closer imo.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Also I'd like to apologize for talking so much shit about Hope I bet it's kinda annoying to be so negative about a song and I know there are a lot of people here who like it, but I just despise that song and I think it's the laziest, most boring, most uninspired and messiest piece of work Lana has ever put out, ever. 

nicki2.gif

THERE IS NO REASON TO HOLD BACK THIS ALBUM ANY LONGER!

ALL 3 SONGS HAVE HAD ACCLAIM AND REALLY POSITIVE REVIEWS

SHE'S NOT LOOKING FOR A HIT SINGLE

THE ALBUM IS FINISHED

NOBODY ELSE KNOWS IT EXISTS

LANA IS REFUSING TO DO PROMO

DROP THE FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY AND MOVE ON!

its even worse bc the album has a 10% chance of coming in march... we really have to wait another month now and thats IF april she then decides to release. make it make sense

Also I'd like to apologize for talking so much shit about Hope I bet it's kinda annoying to be so negative about a song and I know there are a lot of people here who like it, but I just despise that song and I think it's the laziest, most boring, most uninspired and messiest piece of work Lana has ever put out, ever. 

nicki2.gif

and you have the right to espouse your deluded opinion

53179915_377147179546044_734507308471969

nicki2.gif

That's lowkey how I feel about Venice Bitch, minus the boring part. It just seems like something she ad-libbed over Jack pressing random keys on the synth. So sloppy, lazy and messy. The lyrics are very elementary as well.  :lanasrs2:

I love HIADT. It's certainly not a compositional masterpiece but I relate to the lyrics and I feel like she speaks to my soul.  :sadcore3:

If there's one thing I know about Lana is that her closers are always fucking good. Lucky Ones, Flipside, Swan Song (sorry DLMBM) and Get Free are career highlights and I have faith in her to serve a closer just as good for NFR. (I'm 100% sure none of the songs we've already heard are closers)

nicki2.gif

I like Hope's instrumental, melody, Lana's vocals, etc. Just not too fond of some of the lyrics. In particular:

"I got to thinking that I thought"

"Hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad"

"Shaking my ass is the only thing that's

Got this black narcissist off my back

She couldn't care less, and I never cared more

So there's no more to say about that"

BUT, just to end on a positive note so you guys don't have an aneurysm trying to understand how I don't necessarily enjoy some of the lyrics, I do enjoy:

"Spilling my guts with the Bowery bums

Is the only love I've ever known"

"Calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say, hi dad"

"Monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off"

The bad lyrics equal out the good lyrics and make it a good song, rather than amazing song. That's just my opinion though! If you feel the need to read me, why not instead tell me all the reasons why you love HIADT without attacking me or putting down other songs! Let's go bitches!

nicki2.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I like Hope's instrumental, melody, Lana's vocals, etc. Just not too fond of some of the lyrics. In particular:

"I got to thinking that I thought"

"Hello it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad"

"Shaking my ass is the only thing that's

Got this black narcissist off my back

She couldn't care less, and I never cared more

So there's no more to say about that"

BUT, just to end on a positive note so you guys don't have an aneurysm trying to understand how I don't necessarily enjoy some of the lyrics, I do enjoy:

"Spilling my guts with the Bowery bums

Is the only love I've ever known"

"Calling from beyond the grave I just wanna say, hi dad"

"Monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off"

The bad lyrics equal out the good lyrics and make it a good song, rather than amazing song. That's just my opinion though! If you feel the need to read me, why not instead tell me all the reasons why you love HIADT without attacking me or putting down other songs! Let's go bitches!

nicki2.gif

EXACTLY. Most of the lyrics are cringe worthy for me and I really don't like the production so there's nothing I really like about this song. 

people still pretending that venice bitch is bad.. the stench

Some Venice Bitch lyrics are unnecessary, none that I'll call out though just because Venice Bitch fans are literally like our version of Jehovah's Witnesses, but overall the song is far from bad and has a fresh fun vibe Lana's never explored before.

The worst thing is that Lana declared she was working on Sylvia in earlier 2018 and then she decided to release it a whole year after, like... you had a full year to work in your song and the result was a 5mins ballad composed by a very quiet piano and lead vocals? girl...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The worst thing is that Lana declared she was working on Sylvia in earlier 2018 and then she decided to release it a whole year after, like... you had a fully year to work in your song and the result was a 5mins ballad composed by a very quiet piano and lead vocals? girl...

the worst thing she did to that song imo is change the name

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

EXACTLY. Most of the lyrics are cringe worthy for me and I really don't like the production so there's nothing I really like about this song.

I think simplistic songs are something that have to grow on you. I love them, but it took me a long while to get there. As for the lyrics, this song in my opinion holds some of Lana's most innovative lyrics, and some of her worst lyrics ever. So they kinda equal the song out for me and make it okay overall. Her voice sounds good and crystal clear too, gotta thank Jack for that one

nicki2.gif

la-la-la-la-la, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
wha-wha-wha-wha-whatever
everything, whatever
wha-wha-wha-wha-whatever
everything, whatever

oh-ah, ah, ah, ah
ah... yeah, ah... yeah
ah... yeah, ah... ah
la-la-la-la-la, beautiful, (yeah) beautiful, beautiful (yeah)
la-la-la-la-la, beautiful, (yeah) beautiful, beautiful (yeah)

tenor.gif

qfrWuBl.png