Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Ya'll make me laugh talking all this shit about Lana (she doesn't care, she hasn't said anything, blah blah blah).

Lana never once said that the album was coming out 3/29. NEVER. NOT ONCE. Her manager confirmed it wasn't and said be patient. And what is everyone's response on LB? 

"HOW DARE SHE NOT RELEASE IT ON THE DAY SHE NEVER CONFIRMED!!! I'M UNSTANNING!" Like grow the eff up. Most of you are nice on here, but there are some of you who must have absolutely no life that you're that desperate for the album. And stop talking like you'll ever unstan b/c you won't. None of us will. 

It will come. Enjoy the anticipation. And stop trashing her for not doing things on your schedules. 

maybe she's just completely scrapped the album/era and is starting from scratch again working on a soft serve icecream grunge new matcha wave beach house vegan jazz album, honestly I'm here for it NFR she seemed like a pretty girl but waiting for her got fat and boring cbOrd43.gif

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Another exciting speculation: she has nothing that we know of happening between now and June 22nd (Dublin show).

Think about it; each month we've gotten something:

September

Mariners Apartment Complex

BBC Radio 1 Interview with Annie Mac 

Venice Bitch

Beats Radio 1 Interview with Zane Lowe - album title revealed

Poetry book discussed in both interviews

October

a How to Disappear snippet

2nd snippet of Happiness is a Butterfly

4 snippets of Cinnamon (2 posted as clips, 2 on her story)

a "hope is a dangerous thing..." snippet (referred to as Sylvia Plath)

Instagram live where she previewed the production of How to Disappear

Apple event where she performed How to Disappear and Venice Bitch

November

Gucci Guilty launch party

Gucci LACMA event 

Breakthrough Prizes event 

December

Ally Coalition Talent Show with Jack - 2 new country/folk songs premiered 

British Fashion Awards event 

Instagram live where she told us the album is done + more info regarding the album cover 

January 

A snippet of a song dubbed "In Your Car" posted

Extended snippet of "hope is a dangerous thing..." posted + confirmation of poetry book nearing completion

hope is a dangerous thing... released + new press release about mid-2019 release

3rd snippet of Happiness is a Butterfly posted 

Gucci Guilty campaign launched 

February

interviews for Gucci Guilty discussing sound of the album + 13 tracks in total

Poems from the book posted on Instagram

March

Poems from the book posted on Instagram + update about binding it soon

BUKU festival

April/May (hypothetical)

Lead single - most likely Happiness is a Butterfly - released with music video

Magazine covers/interviews (we know one with Steven Klein for V Mag could be coming soon)

Maybe new snippets posted

Tracklist + cover art + release date revealed 

Maybe one more song released before the album 

Maybe poetry book released (most likely late April, May, or early June so album can come out in mid-late June)

June

Album released

Festival dates (https://lanadelrey.com/live/)

+ misc. promo

July

Festival dates

+ misc. promo

This makes sense, as we have 2 and a half months until her next announced endeavour. 

This seems realistic based on what she's said and it stays true to what she's known to do. It also is still very lowkey as she said she plans to do for this album. 

i think the only thing at this point that we are safe to assume is we are getting the shoot with steven by the end of next month since he said it was coming soon. which at this point is enough for me... this era is really gonna shape me into being such a grateful person for past and upcoming eras.

Another exciting speculation: she has nothing that we know of happening between now and June 22nd (Dublin show).

Think about it; each month we've gotten something:

September

Mariners Apartment Complex

BBC Radio 1 Interview with Annie Mac

Venice Bitch

Beats Radio 1 Interview with Zane Lowe - album title revealed

Poetry book discussed in both interviews

October

a How to Disappear snippet

2nd snippet of Happiness is a Butterfly

4 snippets of Cinnamon (2 posted as clips, 2 on her story)

a "hope is a dangerous thing..." snippet (referred to as Sylvia Plath)

Instagram live where she previewed the production of How to Disappear

Apple event where she performed How to Disappear and Venice Bitch

November

Gucci Guilty launch party

Gucci LACMA event

Breakthrough Prizes event

December

Ally Coalition Talent Show with Jack - 2 new country/folk songs premiered

British Fashion Awards event

Instagram live where she told us the album is done + more info regarding the album cover

January

A snippet of a song dubbed "In Your Car" posted

Extended snippet of "hope is a dangerous thing..." posted + confirmation of poetry book nearing completion

hope is a dangerous thing... released + new press release about mid-2019 release

3rd snippet of Happiness is a Butterfly posted

Gucci Guilty campaign launched

February

interviews for Gucci Guilty discussing sound of the album + 13 tracks in total

Poems from the book posted on Instagram

March

Poems from the book posted on Instagram + update about binding it soon

BUKU festival

April/May (hypothetical)

A barrage of matcha infused selfies doing who knows what with the girls

Another vague interview with Steven Klein cover

Maybe, just maybe a short snippet of piano ballad

Maybe poetry book released (most likely late April, May, or early June so album can come out in mid-late June)

June

Bareback riding a llama or something

Festival dates (https://lanadelrey.com/live/)

July

Festival dates

This makes sense, as we have 2 and a half months until her next announced endeavour.

This seems realistic based on what she's said and it stays true to what she's known to do. It also is still very lowkey as she said she plans to do for this album.

Fixed, for the sake of realism

Stripped of my own life

what if this is her breaking us down Solve Et Coagula style.. she really had us all singing ur my cult leader to her at concerts and we didn’t notice .. ugh her mind

UbsOye5.png

All her new friends does is keeping her company and making her laugh and you guys are really here calling them sluts and whores just because Lana hasn’t said anything new about or released Norman F Rockwell?? Are you... are you hearing yourselves?? Dang, I know we’re bored but let’s not go there, omg... :whoopi:

For real, lol. Some of them sound like they’re dating her and are controlling freaks. Like those boyfriends who pick and choose who you can talk to and stuff.

I’m so bored of this era that I’m literally going through old threads on here and ATRL during the releases of her previous albums lol. Just to see how awesome it was back then.

what if this is her breaking us down like Solve Et Coagula style.. she really had us all singing ur my cult leader to her at concerts and we didn’t notice .. ugh her mind

I accept her as our leader.

Guys, don't beat me for this pleeeease... But here's my thinkpiece

I think that Lana might be really burned out...

It would explain most of the clownery she's doing recently. Weird new friends, hobbies, clothes etc...

Not serving a look or live vocals going along these lines too... Her lyrics are a tiny bit lacking as well, cause name checking an artist or poet just to make a point feels a little bit cheap, like an easy way out to make you realize what she wants to say. Sylvia Plath literally screams "I'm not as happy as I look" as well as Norman Rockwell, who painted happiness that he never lived in. These references are a little too on the nose.

Anyways... My point is, that her possible exhaustion might be the reason of this delay and lack of communication.

I think it's positive that she's taking it slowly with the album... But as of now, she really puts F in NFR

Stripped of my own life

It would explain most of the clownery she's doing recently. Weird new friends, hobbies, clothes etc...

Not serving a look or live vocals going along these lines too... Her lyrics are a tiny bit lacking as well, cause name checking an artist or poet just to make a point feels a little bit cheap, like an easy way out to make you realize what she wants to say. Sylvia Plath literally screams "I'm not as happy as I look" as well as Norman Rockwell, who painted happiness that he never lived in. These references are a little too on the nose.

Anyways... My point is, that her possible exhaustion might be the reason of this delay and lack of communication.

I think it's positive that she's taking it slowly with the album... But as of now, she really puts F in NFR

I'm pretty sure most people here would agree with this

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

this was beautifully stated and i 100% agree

soft serve icecream grunge new matcha wave beach house vegan jazz

i can't lie, this kind of sounds like a genre perfectly tailored to my taste

it's just the way i feel

so a woman from Interscope said she might be doing "minor changes" and a guy said release dates are up to the management

Ben/Ed said she is the boss lady in charge and she decides everything and we will know when they know

and Lana said it's finished but who knows when it will be out

CHILDREN blaming each other

no one claiming responsibility for this mess

i-

Fans: So who the fuck is responsible for this shit. Tell us NOW.

Lana, Ben & Ed, Interscope and Polydor:

DTr_-uBVQAEY_sr.jpg

But seriously... Something smells fishy. Someone is lying for someone and I'm honestly not impressed. Very unprofessional. Can't believe the dumb instagram bleach drinking fans think this is acceptable. They're probably the types of people to put up with an abusive relationship. Smh :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Fans: So who the fuck is responsible for this shit. Tell us NOW.

Lana, Ben & Ed, Interscope and Polydor:

DTr_-uBVQAEY_sr.jpg

But seriously... Something smells fishy. Someone is lying for someone and I'm honestly not impressed. Very unprofessional. Can't believe the dumb instagram bleach drinking fans think this is acceptable. They're probably the types of people TO PUT UP WITH AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP. Smh :awkney:

But doesn't it feel like a kiss tho? Hahaha

Stripped of my own life

But doesn't it feel like a kiss tho? Hahaha

we got ghosted but it felt like an album release. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

The gag is she probably already scrapped the album tbh

EDIT: omg this was a reaction to a fake message from Lana I saw on twitter plz ignore continue the madness

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif