Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I wish the sounds of her records were faithful to what she said they were in the first place. Honeymoon's jazziness, Ultraviolence's unlistenableness, LFL's folk, Shangri-La elements, or whatever, are nowhere to be found.

i hope NFR's going to have those surf rock vibes because I feel like it's something everybody here would be here for, and if it turns out to be one more unkept promise it'll be a shame

The fact she is sitting on a finished album that she has no desire to release is hilarious. legend

We don't know what is going on. Maybe she does want to release it and her company doesn't right now for whatever reason. Maybe she does want to release it a bit further, just after her poetry book because the two complement each other. Or maybe it's something else entirely. 

I have a friend who was with the fans who bumped into Lana a few days ago. She claimed she said ‘ probably end of summer’. She has no reason to lie to me, But she didn’t record her saying it. So take it with a pinch of salt but this is what she stated.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I have a friend who was with the fans who bumped into Lana a few days ago. She claimed she said ‘ probably end of summer’. She has no reason to lie to me, But she didn’t record her saying it. So take it with a pinch of salt but this is what she stated.

Hello darkness my old friend, a whole year after MAC and VB... She must've reworked them so they sound different in the album at least :/

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm not holding out for any RHCP sounds with NFR, especially from what we've heard in the snippets. Lana tends to be faulty with describing 'sounds' and 'vibes'. Remember when she used to call her earlier stuff "HawAiIaN gLaM mEtaL"?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I wish the sounds of her records were faithful to what she said they were in the first place. Honeymoon's jazziness, Ultraviolence's unlistenableness, LFL's folk, Shangri-La elements, or whatever, are nowhere to be found.

i hope NFR's going to have those surf rock vibes because I feel like it's something everybody here would be here for, and if it turns out to be one more unkept promise it'll be a shame

Whenever she describes an album, the description always fits the the last 2 or 3 songs she just finished at the moment of the interview. The description she gives is accurate... to a certain point.

- HM sure has jazz influences on the title track (with the «Dreaming away your life part»), Terrence Loves You and God Knows I Tried (very Nina Simone in the lyrics).

- UV sure is «unlistenable» with its extreme irony and the last songs of the album (PWYC, MPG, FMWUTTT) that sound a bit the same the first time you listen to them.And the most «single» song is West Coast, which is not really radio-friendly. 

- LFL does have the Sangri-la-esque elements on the title track and Get Free, and a bit of acoustic is on Tomorrow Never Came and When The World... (though it would have had more if she had kept BAR and Yosemite).

NFR will probably have those sur elements on a couple of songs: the end of MAC and VB have those, and Cinnamon also. But it won't end up on all the tracks though. 

the. album. is. not. coming.

y'all ignored me when i gave you the inside scoop.

the heirs of Norman Rockwell's estate are blocking the release of the album over the title. They are arguing that Lana and her record label should not be able to profit over the use of his name without a licensing agreement.

Interscope and UMG refuse to release the album with its current name and have requested that Lana change the album name, but she refuses to change it because it is "her art". She doesn't care about having to give a certain % of sales to the Rockwell estate, but Interscope absolutely does $$$

This is why you haven't heard a single peep about the album in several months.

Byeeeeee

You better be fucking joking 

the heirs of Norman Rockwell's estate are blocking the release of the album over the title. They are arguing that Lana and her record label should not be able to profit over the use of his name without a licensing agreement.

Interscope and UMG refuse to release the album with its current name and have requested that Lana change the album name, but she refuses to change it because it is "her art". She doesn't care about having to give a certain % of sales to the Rockwell estate, but Interscope absolutely does $$$

Byeeeeee

honestly if this is true... 

:sadcore2:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore2:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Byeeeeee

receipts please, I mean I believe you but how are you so sure?

Byeeeeee

tumblr_inline_nfmjprHZpp1sdcm15.gif

Whenever she describes an album, the description always fits the the last 2 or 3 songs she just finished at the moment of the interview. The description she gives is accurate... to a certain point.

- HM sure has jazz influences on the title track (with the «Dreaming away your life part»), Terrence Loves You and God Knows I Tried (very Nina Simone in the lyrics).

- UV sure is «unlistenable» with its extreme irony and the last songs of the album (PWYC, MPG, FMWUTTT) that sound a bit the same the first time you listen to them.And the most «single» song is West Coast, which is not really radio-friendly. 

- LFL does have the Sangri-la-esque elements on the title track and Get Free, and a bit of acoustic is on Tomorrow Never Came and When The World... (though it would have had more if she had kept BAR and Yosemite).

NFR will probably have those sur elements on a couple of songs: the end of MAC and VB have those, and Cinnamon also. But it won't end up on all the tracks though. 

I mean what she says can never apply to more than 10% of the record, and even for those 10%... the jazzy influences are quite slight on those HM tracks, it never gets into real jazz, UV isn't unlistenable in any way, LFL's acoustic is... tragic at best... It's just tiring that what she says can never be trusted and much of it is deceptive if anything

As to NFR i would be extremely disappointed if things like the end of MAC were what she called 'surf rock'. I need to expect to be though

Byeeeeee

lolno. receipts or go home mr 2 posts.

Byeeeeee

We’re bored but we don’t have to start making things up now. ok sweaty?