Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This could be what’s going on but I have doubt. I think it could more likely be about the contents of the songs or the production of the album. I couldn’t see why the estate would have any control, unless his name is copyrighted. If there’s a copyright, would that still hold with the word “Fucking” between his first and last names?

Edit: Names CANNOT be copyrighted in the US, so if this was true, there’s no validity to them holding her album up at all.

Here’s a receipt. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/01/08/5-things-that-cant-be-copyrighted/

Names can be trademarked if they are associated with a distinct business or service:

"For a person's name to be trademarked, it must already be distinctive in the eyes of the public, so that when people hear the name they think of the goods or services offered by that person. In trademark law this standard is referred to as secondary meaning. Also, the more distinct and original the person's name is, the more likely she will be granted a trademark. Celebrities and athletes are the people who most commonly use trademarks to protect their names." >>> https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/can-persons-name-copyrighted-2735.html

The name Norman Rockwell is already trademarked and owned by Norman Rockwell Family Agency and Rockwell Family Properties for various business purposes.

Even with the "Fucking" in the name, the Rockwell Family Properties is claiming the album creates "likelihood of confusion" and have issued a cease and desist. If the album is released with the title, they will proceed with a lawsuit.

:pft:

Names can be trademarked if they are associated with a distinct business or service:

"For a person's name to be trademarked, it must already be distinctive in the eyes of the public, so that when people hear the name they think of the goods or services offered by that person. In trademark law this standard is referred to as secondary meaning. Also, the more distinct and original the person's name is, the more likely she will be granted a trademark. Celebrities and athletes are the people who most commonly use trademarks to protect their names." >>> https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/can-persons-name-copyrighted-2735.html

The name Norman Rockwell is already trademarked and owned by Norman Rockwell Family Agency and Rockwell Family Properties for various business purposes.

Even with the "Fucking" in the name, the Rockwell Family Properties is claiming the album creates "likelihood of confusion" and have issued a cease and desist. If the album is released with the title, they will proceed with a lawsuit.

And how do you know this?

It might have been a piano ballad when it was played, like a demo or something. But I doubt the song stayed the same. Even How to Disappear, which I believe is amazing with piano only, might have had some work done to it. So, something she played in what? May? must have changed since then. 

lol what if after all this she keeps HTD as a piano ballad... i honestly wasnt in love with those beats as well

HTD is very good as it is... It's more atmospheric without a beat 

Just pure storytelling

Stripped of my own life

Of course she needs to pay for the trademarked name if she wants to use it. Im here for album name change if this is what holds it back.

I love Norman Fucking Rockwell as an album title, but if it is what is holding it back, she could change it. Just hope, though, that the song still exists though if she changes the album's name. 

lol what if after all this she keeps HTD as a piano ballad... i honestly wasnt in love with those beats as well

I loved the beats, it felt kind of psychedelic in a way? Idk it was different for her so I liked it. I hope that’s the final instrumental

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

If they ordered a cease & desist, I’d like to see receipts.

But if this was the case, The Mowgli’s wouldn’t have released a song called Norman Rockwell this year

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana revealed the album title back in september. If the Norman Rockwell state or whataver had a problem with it they would have done something about it right after she announced the name. But back in january she also posted a video with Norman Fucking Rockwell as a caption so I'm pretty sure they don't care and the album title has nothing to do with this whole mess.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i just dont get why she cant address the delay to at least get us to stfu for a little. by staying silent it just riles us up even more cant you tell?

yes ik she said "its done lil b but who knows when its coming out"... thats not addressing shit. WE NEED REASONS!

Lana revealed the album title back in september. If the Norman Rockwell state or whataver had a problem with it they would have done something about it right after she announced the name. But back in january she also posted a video with Norman Fucking Rockwell as a caption so I'm pretty sure they don't care and the album title has nothing to do with this whole mess.

Like you said, she used the title a couple of times on social medias: Interscope didn't tell her to stop until an arrangement was made? We know she can be stubborn, but to that point? 

i just dont get why she cant address the delay to at least get us to stfu for a little. by staying silent it just riles us up even more cant you tell?

yes ik she said "its done lil b but who knows when its coming out"... thats not addressing shit. WE NEED REASONS!

i genuinely think this meant "it's done and they want me to change it, but i'm not going to. so who know when it's coming out" so i don't really expect her to say anything else cuz what else is there to say

Off topic but how long do yall think would take to recolor an entire music video? I'm guessing at LEAST 2 months working at a steady rate. Hmmm... where my video editors at?

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: