Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

It's april fool's day today lol what if she posts that the album is coming this week and then razzes us allll omg my heart

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvouKurn8eE/

Lana listening to Beach House...my heart. Now make songs like them.

What song is it I've only ever listened to 2 of their songs but love them so idk why lol too busy waiting for this girl

Does anyone remember if the press release by Universal in January for Hope Is a Dangerous Thing was mentioning the album title? Can’t find it anywhere...

if NFR is mentioned, I think the rumours about the delay because of the trademark/ NR estate would be inaccurate.

ÉDIT: http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/

Found it. And the album is named. So maybe they found an agreement.

It's april fool's day today lol what if she posts that the album is coming this week and then razzes us allll omg my

Oh nooo the worst time of the year then leakers post fake leaks transitioning into a meghan trainor song

okay Hope is never the song that I choose to play but it just came on during my three-song NFR playlist and it's pretty good. It will sound better in the album mark my words

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

It's april fool's day today lol what if she posts that the album is coming this week and then razzes us allll omg my heart

What song is it I've only ever listened to 2 of their songs but love them so idk why lol too busy waiting for this girl

Walk in the Park :)

I just wanted to say that I live in a place where there's mountains and woods and lakes but no beaches so today we drove a few hours to a near city to go to this beach. I was really high, went for a walk and had a beautiful moment listening to Venice Bitch before sunset. I already think the song is one of Lana's best but listening to it in that context, the sea, people roller skating, it is so an end of summer track and it captures that feeling beautifully. I don't know, it was magical. If we at least get two more songs like VB all this waiting and silence will be forgiven.

I just wanted to say that I live in a place where there's mountains and woods and lakes but no beaches so today we drove a few hours to a near city to go to this beach. I was really high, went for a walk and had a beautiful moment listening to Venice Bitch before sunset. I already think the song is one of Lana's best but listening to it in that context, the sea, people roller skating, it is so an end of summer track and it captures that feeling beautifully. I don't know, it was magical. If we at least get two more songs like VB all this waiting and silence will be forgiven.

r u still high

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I don’t even want a date at this point, I really just want the official tracklist...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Okay bear with me, I'm about to take y'all on a journey... I think I know what's happened here (I write for the 1000th time): Lana WAS planning on releasing the album at the top of 2019 as planned, hence VB and MAC coming out in September of last year. Then, in January 2019, her label last minute decides to push Billie's release earlier than Lana's since she's the shiny new YOUNG thing. Lana lashes out passive aggressively by releasing Hope (a song that is not single friendly but personal to her), and acting like a teenager [insta baddie] on social media. She's ironically flaunting to her label that she can act young and carefree as well, in spite of them choosing Billie over her. Her insta baddie attitude and new friends also tie in with the theme that this will be her "happy album" a la Happiness Is a Butterfly. We're done with depressing Lana. She put that phase to rest with L4L, specifically Get Free. So for us to soak up the new era, as we've seen, she's out here living her best life: hanging with friends, laughing at nothing in videos, showing off a bit. We have literally never seen Lana this happy before at such an extended period of time. I really think she means no harm with all of this confusing behavior. She's trying to get back at her record label for postponing her release in favor of rookie Billie after all her years of hard work putting out albums, and she's also building the world and image of NFR for us. However, that said I really am getting tired of the waiting game and I'm just looking forward to when Billie's release will wear off and Lana's label allows her to get her release back on track again.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Okay bear with me, I'm about to take y'all on a journey... I think I know what's happened here (I write for the 1000th time): Lana WAS planning on releasing the album at the top of 2019 as planned, hence VB and MAC coming out in September of last year. Then, in January 2019, her label last minute decides to push Billie's release earlier than Lana's since she's the shiny new YOUNG thing. Lana lashes out passive aggressively by releasing Hope (a song that is not single friendly but personal to her), and acting like a teenager [insta baddie] on social media. She's ironically flaunting to her label that she can act young and carefree as well, in spite of them choosing Billie over her. Her insta baddie attitude and new friends also tie in with the theme that this will be her "happy album" a la Happiness Is a Butterfly. We're done with depressing Lana. She put that phase to rest with L4L, specifically Get Free. So for us to soak up the new era, as we've seen, she's out here living her best life: hanging with friends, laughing at nothing in videos, showing off a bit. We have literally never seen Lana this happy before at such an extended period of time. I really think she means no harm with all of this confusing behavior. She's trying to get back at her record label for postponing her release in favor of rookie Billie after all her years of hard work putting out albums, and she's also building the world and image of NFR for us. However, that said I really am getting tired of the waiting game and I'm just looking forward to when Billie's release will wear off and Lana's label allows her to get her release back on track again.

didn't she call NFR "sad girl shit" at some point? other than that this really makes a lot of sense though

it's just the way i feel

didn't she call NFR "sad girl shit" at some point? other than that this really makes a lot of sense though

yep, during a livestream she called it "introspective sad girl shit"

giphy.gif

Oh my God this is the only thing that makes sense right now. IT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE. The IDGAF attitude totally makes sense if it was thrown at her label.

Ever since the new years "I'm gonna be an insta baddie shit" definitely could have been when she found out about pushing it back. Because all the shit before then was just regular lana shit. But now it's on another level.

Makes sense for Hope too.

Her reply on her MissDaytona Twitter makes sense too. "who knows when it will be out", because she doesn't even know cause her label has fucked her around???

I feel bad and once again, I take back all the shit I said :defeated:

Nothing against u, at all, I appreciate how ur tryna flesh this out, but I personally think that that'd be the most elaborate scheme for heck of a lot of nothing, like where's the efficacy?

I'm genuinely glad that she's happy, and even hate how I even felt that deep towards having to write that one post, too, but there are just SOOO many other better ways to get her point across. Getting caught in the crossfire too, metaphorically, just doesn't sit right

I love VB at the beach, I never go to the actual beach tho, for some reason, maybe it's that whole summer theory part, but I get what ur saying bout those vibes. I wanna hear IYC for that same last sentence of a reason 

okay Hope is never the song that I choose to play but it just came on during my three-song NFR playlist and it's pretty good. It will sound better in the album mark my words

Deffo, I hope the record'll b real cohesive, we won't know til after this mini dark age tho that's forsure giphy.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I was gonna say this is a reach but label politics and the music industry loves to be petty and ruthless so Im not surprised if something like this is actually going down