Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So...end of summer would be August right? So 5 months away?

tenor.gif

She described MAC/VB as "end of summer jams" and they were released in mid-September 

tenor.gif

So...end of summer would be August right? So 5 months away?

tenor.gif

to her end of summer is more like September

remember that MAC and VB were "end of summer jams" :)

edit: oops sorry someone just said that

She described MAC/VB as "end of summer jams" and they were released in mid-September 

tenor.gif

this bitch knew all along when she was gonna release it I-

like, maybe she meant end of summer as in 2019

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

so I was thinking about someone's post a week ago about an "insider" who heard the record...

and says she exposes a guy in the industry

(Harvey Weinstein?)   

lana was seen with him a lot earlier in her career and has been silent about him

I was thinking about him too when I read that. But the guy who heard the record said it was a career killer...and there has been so many accusations against Weinstein already... If it's true she calls out a guy on the record, could it be about someone else? 

Lana didn't say anything directly about Weinstein, but took the victim's side at some point of the trials, I think...

so I was thinking about someone's post a week ago about an "insider" who heard the record...

and says she exposes a guy in the industry

(Harvey Weinstein?)   

lana was seen with him a lot earlier in her career and has been silent about him

and it's clear they fucked/had a thing, no matter how hard 14 yo stans try to deny it :whatever2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

There's a lot of fan fiction in here.

There's always been, honestly. And a lot of misconception that always tend to flip to fan fiction lol. 

But the silent treatment makes it perfect ground for theories and conspiracies hehe

the heirs of Norman Rockwell's estate are blocking the release of the album over the title. They are arguing that Lana and her record label should not be able to profit over the use of his name without a licensing agreement.

Interscope and UMG refuse to release the album with its current name and have requested that Lana change the album name, but she refuses to change it because it is "her art". She doesn't care about having to give a certain % of sales to the Rockwell estate, but Interscope absolutely does $$$

ima just believe this bc what do i have to lose honestly.

I have a friend who was with the fans who bumped into Lana a few days ago. She claimed she said ‘ probably end of summer’. She has no reason to lie to me, But she didn’t record her saying it. So take it with a pinch of salt but this is what she stated.

200.gif

the. album. is. not. coming.

y'all ignored me when i gave you the inside scoop.

the heirs of Norman Rockwell's estate are blocking the release of the album over the title. They are arguing that Lana and her record label should not be able to profit over the use of his name without a licensing agreement.

Interscope and UMG refuse to release the album with its current name and have requested that Lana change the album name, but she refuses to change it because it is "her art". She doesn't care about having to give a certain % of sales to the Rockwell estate, but Interscope absolutely does $$$

This is why you haven't heard a single peep about the album in several months.

Byeeeeee

This could be what’s going on but I have doubt. I think it could more likely be about the contents of the songs or the production of the album. I couldn’t see why the estate would have any control, unless his name is copyrighted. If there’s a copyright, would that still hold with the word “Fucking” between his first and last names?

Edit: Names CANNOT be copyrighted in the US, so if this was true, there’s no validity to them holding her album up at all.

Here’s a receipt. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/01/08/5-things-that-cant-be-copyrighted/

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think the only thing Lana can't do is sing covers. Like when Priscilla Presley wouldn't let her cover any of Elvis' songs. Not just exclusive to Lana but other artists too, it seems.

So I don't think a NAME is preventing the delay of the album tbh. I mean yeah it makes sense, but like @@HydroponicWeeds stated, names cannot be copyrighted in the US.

You better be fucking joking

I swear I’m not, I actually thought I’d not say anything tbh and keep it to myself. I honestly think Lana is just guessing anyway. I think she said album ...not single so we probably will get music in at least may or June.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

This could be what’s going on but I have doubt. I think it could more likely be about the contents of the songs or the production of the album. I couldn’t see why the estate would have any control, unless his name is copyrighted. If there’s a copyright, would that still hold with the word “Fucking” between his first and last names?

Edit: Names CANNOT be copyrighted in the US, so if this was true, there’s no validity to them holding her album up at all.

Here’s a receipt. https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/01/08/5-things-that-cant-be-copyrighted/

This is why we don't trust fan fiction coming from accounts with two posts pretending that they know more than everyone else.

Boo boo the fool @rosesbloomforyou

fun reminder that if an insider doesn't confirm a specific song it isn't real never has been real never will be real and everyone must rebuke it in the name of our lord and savior

tenor.gif

the. album. is. not. coming.

y'all ignored me when i gave you the inside scoop.

This is why you haven't heard a single peep about the album in several months.

Byeeeeee

That is rubbish because she never stated it actually was the same Norman Rockwell it’s just implied, you can’t copyright a name. The name is actually Norman Fucking Rockwell. Unless she included his art then it’s fair usage. There are tons of songs and documentaries named after people without consent. For example Nicki Minaj has a song called Marilyn Monroe! Did the estate of miss Monroe block that? No.

Interscope also have a TEAM of lawyers they’re not stupid enough to approve an album without checking the legalities first. They have a whole bunch of people who deal with just copyright.

Just another newbie account with “insider scoop” please either state some evidence or get out of here. I stated a friend who has bumped into Lana and even then I said “take it with a pinch of salt” because I have no evidence.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

why didn't Priscilla let Lana cover any of elvis' songs?
(i remember that day where i watched that interview of her saying she'd like to do things and make out with elvis..... could she be mad??  :deadbanana:

I wouldn't be surprised if Priscilla was a little sus of Lana back in the day :umadney:

But tbh I don't know the real reason why artists can't cover his songs... it's a shame because I've always wondered what Lana would sound like singing an Elvis song. :oprah: