Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

is April Fools over around the world yet, I managed to stay out of this thread for *that day*

there's still a few more hours of it left

giphy.gif

Okay bear with me, I'm about to take y'all on a journey... I think I know what's happened here (I write for the 1000th time): Lana WAS planning on releasing the album at the top of 2019 as planned, hence VB and MAC coming out in September of last year. Then, in January 2019, her label last minute decides to push Billie's release earlier than Lana's since she's the shiny new YOUNG thing. Lana lashes out passive aggressively by releasing Hope (a song that is not single friendly but personal to her), and acting like a teenager [insta baddie] on social media. She's ironically flaunting to her label that she can act young and carefree as well, in spite of them choosing Billie over her. Her insta baddie attitude and new friends also tie in with the theme that this will be her "happy album" a la Happiness Is a Butterfly. We're done with depressing Lana. She put that phase to rest with L4L, specifically Get Free. So for us to soak up the new era, as we've seen, she's out here living her best life: hanging with friends, laughing at nothing in videos, showing off a bit. We have literally never seen Lana this happy before at such an extended period of time. I really think she means no harm with all of this confusing behavior. She's trying to get back at her record label for postponing her release in favor of rookie Billie after all her years of hard work putting out albums, and she's also building the world and image of NFR for us. However, that said I really am getting tired of the waiting game and I'm just looking forward to when Billie's release will wear off and Lana's label allows her to get her release back on track again.

I thought about this some more, and although it's very plausible that this is the reason this era has been messy, I have a few small problems with it. It'd be too ironic since Billie's album isn't as "happy" or "mainstream pop" as other artists her age- just as Lana's debut with them wasn't either. They've wanted her to change producers, change the sound of her music throughout the years, but they know by now that Lana will still sell albums and tickets because she has a strong fan base and they love what she puts out. Yeah, this is Billie's first album so they probably did want a period of time for most of the public focus to be on her, but still, why not set Lana's date before the 29th? Lana said herself the album was done in January. It really has to be the poetry book. Add to the great reviews Lana's been getting- more praise than what she's gotten in years- it'd be really strange for them not to take advantage of the hype to release NFR. Ariana did it in an even less time b/w albums, so why not Lana? I didn't even think Hope is a Dangerous Thing would be as well known as MAC or VB but we've seen a lot of people online talking about it, praising it, sharing and listening to it. With the release of MAC and VB, I think Lana always intended NFR to be lighter than her previous albums, but still maintain that "introspective sad girl shit". I don't think her behavior is tied to the label because we already saw hints of it during those interviews. "She's trying to get back at her record label for postponing her release in favor of rookie Billie after all her years of hard work putting out albums, and she's also building the world and image of NFR for us." And the thing about that is.... the visuals have been sub-par to me. Has she been building a world and image for this album (maybe for the poetry book), because I feel like I missed it...  :erm:

Nothing against u, at all, I appreciate how ur tryna flesh this out, but I personally think that that'd be the most elaborate scheme for heck of a lot of nothing, like where's the efficacy?

I'm genuinely glad that she's happy, and even hate how I even felt that deep towards having to write that one post, too, but there are just SOOO many other better ways to get her point across. Getting caught in the crossfire too, metaphorically, just doesn't sit right

It's just not a successful attempt if the theories are true. Especially the "insta baddie" thing. If this is Lana being petty, she could do better because right now it's just cringey to me.

I can't speak on people bashing Billie but I think you've got it backwards on why people are angry about her release. We KNOW Billie would've outsold Lana if they both released at the same time, and her record label knows it too. Lana's not the threat, Billie is. This is probably why people are angry, irritated, and disappointed at the whole situation. This is LANAboards after all, you can't blame us for putting LANA first.

I kind of remember people saying on here that Lana was actually the threat to Billie's release, and that Billie wasn't going to make the numbers she's making now because her fan base is too specific and smaller than Lana's. It's really awkward reading these posts now- and I've been a fan of Lana for years- it's weird to me that people are being threatened by a 17 year-old artist (love her music btw). I get the frustration, but let's not get carried away.  :smh:

i’m afraid that we won’t get this album...

if i don’t have cinnamon and in your car by the end of summer, i will combust.

by the end of may for me

Billie's lyrics are amazing. Lorde is just above everybody, you can't compare. Even Lana will never be as talented as a writer. But I don't think we should compare people like that. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. And they don't write about the same things at all. Let's stop criticising talented new artists like Billie. It's not her fault if Lana was supposed to release her album the same day and we didn't get it. We don't know what happened. We can only speculate.

is this an April fools post LMFAO? Lana is definitely the best out of her contemporaries in terms of song writing well-atleast at her peak not so much now, and I don't get the lorde comparison with billie, billie is just what would of happened if avril grew up in the 2010s and listened to too much melanie martinez so time will tell if she can evolve as an artist and I pray she does.

I for one think she has potential but I don't see her lasting if she does the same image and music next time around

why are we talking about billie eillish?

Fuck off, really.

Go talk about her in her thread.

there's nothing better to talk about really. She does have the album of the quarter, of course.

giphy.gif

there's nothing better to talk about really. She does have the album of the quarter, of course.

I think it's really interesting that her label payola has actually resulted in a solid fan base,she's massive here in the UK I didn't think she'd last beyond aurora after hearing her ep