Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don’t regard Billie as even the same category as Lana,Lana is alternative pop rock and Billie is Dark Pop. Billie will sell maybe 700,000 by this time next year she will drop like a stone on the charts. Her sound will be tired and I feel like she will be forgotten about. For those reasons I can like billie and not feel she’s a threat to Lana.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Okay bear with me, I'm about to take y'all on a journey... I think I know what's happened here (I write for the 1000th time): Lana WAS planning on releasing the album at the top of 2019 as planned, hence VB and MAC coming out in September of last year. Then, in January 2019, her label last minute decides to push Billie's release earlier than Lana's since she's the shiny new YOUNG thing. Lana lashes out passive aggressively by releasing Hope (a song that is not single friendly but personal to her), and acting like a teenager [insta baddie] on social media. She's ironically flaunting to her label that she can act young and carefree as well, in spite of them choosing Billie over her. Her insta baddie attitude and new friends also tie in with the theme that this will be her "happy album" a la Happiness Is a Butterfly. We're done with depressing Lana. She put that phase to rest with L4L, specifically Get Free. So for us to soak up the new era, as we've seen, she's out here living her best life: hanging with friends, laughing at nothing in videos, showing off a bit. We have literally never seen Lana this happy before at such an extended period of time. I really think she means no harm with all of this confusing behavior. She's trying to get back at her record label for postponing her release in favor of rookie Billie after all her years of hard work putting out albums, and she's also building the world and image of NFR for us. However, that said I really am getting tired of the waiting game and I'm just looking forward to when Billie's release will wear off and Lana's label allows her to get her release back on track again.

:wowcry:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

if you don't stan cruel youth, then do it

she's pure talent

stream portrait of a female

Someone with fucking taste. Thank you for understanding this. Cruel Yourh is amazing and very underrated as I know a lot of people would like the band if they had more exposure.

giphy.gif

Rihanna debuted when she was 16

Britney when she was 17

Beyonce probably the best example, she just turned 16 before this

And is still big arguably still the top female over 20 years later.

The label thinks they have the next dang Nirvana on their hands with Billie. And maybe they do. They aren't going to let her hype die down anytime soon if they can help it. Poor Lana... 

Beyonce probably the best example, she just turned 16 before this

And is still big arguably still the top female over 20 years later.

I mean all these artists y'all mentioned are iconic and all but like different from what billie eilish claims to be 

those are pop stars and yeah kinda manufactured , I don't mean it in a bad way 

Billie is supposed to be the girl who writes her  "deep stuff" etc just like lorde was 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Wait... you hope it's true and that she has to pay her label?? :hdu:

well, this is an issue I totally see happening. idk how trademarks work but estates of dead celebrities hold certain power, especially when it comes to music

negAbhB.png

well, this is an issue I totally see happening. idk how trademarks work but estates of dead celebrities hold certain power, especially when it comes to music

relax, it's just a joke for April fool's day, it's totally fake lol : P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

relax, it's just a joke for April fool's day, it's totally fake lol :P

thank god

Aaliyah's music is 99% unavailable on streaming services, so this made me nervous

negAbhB.png