Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm starting to think y'all are secretly obsessed with Billie but are trying to look cool and pretend you don't like her...

Absolutely yes, we are all here listening to her bopping while we bitch about her.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm starting to think y'all are secretly obsessed with Billie but are trying to look cool and pretend you don't like her...

And I'm starting to think people are so delusional they have to tell themselves that everyone on earth enjoys their favorite artists just because they can't cope with being the odd one out and need everyone to think the same... It's like when people act like everyone loves Lana. There's SO many who don't and they have good reasons for themselves. It's just comical to push your favorite artists onto EVERYONE

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

THE BEARS EVEN HAVE THE SAME HAT I-

There's so issue with the name. Apparently you can't copyright names in the US so there's no problem with Lana using Norman's name for the record title.

Ok yall im so gullible but that NFR trademark thing seems legit.... can someone update me whats the tea

Not entirely true, though. From what I read, a name can be trademarked if it is deeply associated with art, a style, etc. Norman Rockwell has his name trademarked. 

BUT... the rumors of the legal problems with the Norman Rockwell estate aren't confirmed officially by anyone. 

What I find odd with this «plausible» legal problem is that she said in her first interview for the record, in September, that she had the idea in March last year. And yet, no one in her team tried to do something about it before that? Plus in January, when Hope was released, the name of the record was on an official press release by Universal. 

So... it's most probable that there never was a problem in the first place or it was settled very early in the process. 

And I'm starting to think people are so delusional they have to tell themselves that everyone on earth enjoys their favorite artists just because they can't cope with being the odd one out and need everyone to think the same... It's like when people act like everyone loves Lana. There's SO many who don't and they have good reasons for themselves. It's just comical to push your favorite artists onto EVERYONE

What are you even on sis :rip: lmao

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Lana stans getting brave at a new artist when their fave becomes boring, uninteresting, cheap and unproductive. That was predictable, wasn't it...

OoOOOOHrange

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I JUST PROVIDED Y'ALL A NEW TOPIC FOR NEXT FEW DAYS and you f*gs ruined it in a second good luck and keep discussing about non-existing surprise release and also a color of non-existing vinyl  :crossed:

edit:

and billie eyelash

Honestly, I love that you spiced up the thread with Chase. When we finally hear NFR, we HAVE to try to find which songs are about him!!! Rumors have it that they are on and off for a couple of months, that he is a bad boy (pure Lana aesthetics when it comes to men lol), that her friends don't think he is the one, that she keeps coming back to him. Plus he has a hot body (go check his Insta).

Sis what are you on to think everyone loves the grey haired gay whisper :deadbanana:

Yeah you need to take a few steps back for sure. I don't like Billie, I haven't even listened to her album (yet) but it's ridiculous how there's at least five posts per page talking shit about her ever since she released her album. I just think it's sad how a lot of people in this thread are coming for a 16 yo like she's the reason why Lana is a lazy bitch who doesn't want to work  :deadbanana: just forget about the poor girl, let her enjoy her moment and lets focus our energy on the people who are really at fault here: Lana, her managers and interscope.

I can't speak on people bashing Billie but I think you've got it backwards on why people are angry about her release. We KNOW Billie would've outsold Lana if they both released at the same time, and her record label knows it too. Lana's not the threat, Billie is. This is probably why people are angry, irritated, and disappointed at the whole situation. This is LANAboards after all, you can't blame us for putting LANA first.

that's what i was expressing, too. i was responding to the comment specifically assuming that interscope was scared to put lana out the same day because it might 'ruin billie's career' which isn't the case. i get the lana thing as well, i mean i'm on here too lol it was just a bit delusional after a few comments

chill, no need to attack me. i didn't put down anyone lol i'm just stating facts. is it illegal to say that billie is all over Twitter? n o. cuz it's the truth lol. whatever, i like billie, she's rlly cool and i think it's great that she's starting her career with such a good base. i didn't say anything mean. what is it with y'all being so defensive? it's a forum, we're obviously gonna have different opinions but you're just being a bitch at this point. kiss kiss x

giphy.gif

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Honestly, I love that you spiced up the thread with Chase. When we finally hear NFR, we HAVE to try to find which songs are about him!!! Rumors have it that they are on and off for a couple of months, that he is a bad boy (pure Lana aesthetics when it comes to men lol), that her friends don't think he is the one, that she keeps coming back to him. Plus he has a hot body (go check his Insta).

yeah but on the other side last time she dated someone we got in my feelings...  :ohno:  i expect something less cheesy this time around

yeah but on the other side last time she dated someone we got in my feelings...  :ohno:  i expect something less cheesy this time around

Whew G-Eazy really provided us a masterpiece right? In My Feelings is THAT bitch.

A PSYCHOLOGIST

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I JUST PROVIDED Y'ALL A NEW TOPIC FOR NEXT FEW DAYS and you f*gs ruined it in a second good luck and keep discussing about non-existing surprise release and also a color of non-existing vinyl :crossed:

edit:

and billie eyelash

We had all already seen that lel

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

The «Don't be a jerk» part of HIaB could be about him? Cinnamon maybe? In Your Car? What if he's the one she took a stroll on the beach late at night and he said they were together because they were both messed up (MAC)? Right now, I looooovvvvve his influence on her if all of those are true hahahaha. 

Whew G-Eazy really provided us a masterpiece right? In My Feelings is THAT bitch.

it's a cool song overall and it's coming from a #1 LFL stan but I think HBTB is much much better as post-breakup song