Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Nah, we can't piss them off too much, they're basically our main source of Lana news/updates. If it wasn't for their posts, we'd probably think she's dead or something. Concerned lipsters would call the c*ops to do welfare checks on her :(

11845644-6885185-Service_Justin_is_a_mem

no one:

lana rey loreen: LeAk hAnDmAdE HeAvEn aNd My SoNg 57 dEmO

this is so true that I'm even cackling :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Lana and Beach House following each other on Twitter, and Lana’s love for Weyes Blood has me wishing she’d ditch Interscope for Sub Pop. Imagine the amazing producers she’d work with.

I think she now has production freedom at Interscope or it felt that way after UV was released but now I’m not so sure...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think she now has production freedom at Interscope or it felt that way after UV was released but now I’m not so sure...

It’s honestly hard to tell. In the HM era, she said herself she pretty much had all the liberties she wanted. But with LFL, she sat down with the company to decide what would the singles be.

Sometime, I see the three fan singles as a way to prove to Interscope that despite no real radio-friendly single, the songs would do great with critics and fans. We honestly don’t know what happens behind closed doors. If NFR indeed has no real banger, LDR7 will probably more oriented to having a « more approachable » sound, I guess?!?

It’s honestly hard to tell. In the HM era, she said herself she pretty much had all the liberties she wanted. But with LFL, she sat down with the company to decide what would the singles be.

Sometime, I see the three fan singles as a way to prove to Interscope that despite no real radio-friendly single, the songs would do great with critics and fans. We honestly don’t know what happens behind closed doors. If NFR indeed has no real banger, LDR7 will probably more oriented to having a « more approachable » sound, I guess?!?

she could also be really complicated to work with business-wise unless like some heads at the offices changed since her earlier albums? do we know that info?

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

she could also be really complicated to work with business-wise unless like some heads at the offices changed since her earlier albums? do we know that info?

oh lana is factually stubborn as fuck when it comes to her work, she told the label that the day she signed it was her vision and art so they knew what they were getting into

she's fought with her team several times, especially on UV, then she pretty much said she made Honeymoon for herself, the very release of Venice Bitch- a 10 minute lead single with a explicit title was by her demand and against her manager's wishes, she is a hard headed girl when she actually decides to have artistic vision and integrity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ELqraXx-U

She clearly had a lot to say whats gonna be released. WM seems her personal favourite even though she must know its objectively trash.

Is there a chance that Norman's family aren't on board with the title but can't legally do anything about it? I'm sure they would take action if they could, but maybe something is stopping them? Remember you can't copyright names in the US so maybe the delay is due to Norman's family fighting with it some other way? I have no idea...

To be honest, I personally hate the title of the album being Norman Fucking Rockwell. It just makes no sense and it's just going to be ******* on the cover anyway. You can't print fuck on an album cover. 

I hope they do make her come up with a new album name. 

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have-But I Have It album title confirmed 

How about just "Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have"  and leave out the last part? That would be a beautiful name for an album in my opinion. 

I’m gonna be in LA for like 17 hours starting tomorrow night. If I get blessed with a Lana sighting I promise to skip the selfie and ask for real information about the album. 0% chance of a run in but a Stan can dream right

LIZARD PEOPLE

Hey

What ya thinkin’?

Penne for your thots?

I’m gonna be in LA for like 17 hours starting tomorrow night. If I get blessed with a Lana sighting I promise to skip the selfie and ask for real information about the album. 0% chance of a run in but a Stan can dream right

Do it for all of us who’ll never get the chance. For (ahh) and for (yeah)

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

To be honest, I personally hate the title of the album being Norman Fucking Rockwell. It just makes no sense and it's just going to be ******* on the cover anyway. You can't print fuck on an album cover. 

Textless covers only! for this era

Yes, does it even make sense after all the songs we heard? Unless the remaining tracks are completely different from the ballads she has been serving.

Yes, does it even make sense after all the songs we heard? Unless the remaining tracks are completely different from the ballads she has been serving.

It completely makes sense for me. The snippets we have all heavily rely on piano, usually used for sad songs. I can feel a deep anger in her lyrics and voice, something she needs to put out of her. She's the broken girl hoping someone would fix her because she can't fix herself, but she always ends up with bad guys. She never finds someone good, but always a type of "Norman Fucking Rockwell".

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~