Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

But she hasn’t produced ‘Pop anthems’ since BTD. She really abandoned pop after that, strictly speaking, except for ‘Young & Beautiful’ and ‘Love,’ which had a very light pop-ish sort of touch.

True. But her music is so hard to describe and categorize: she's part pop, part something else, most of the time. That she wants to be part of a pop collab isn't that far-fetched in my mind.

The struggle to stay yOuNg & HiP is real during this midlife crisis 

I don't want to give you any likes but fuck, I agree

Sucks that someone so childish doesn't manage to stay youthful, instead giving off a strong "fellow kids" vibe. It's like she's 5 years behind on everything. She's not even 35, and 35 is basically the new 23. But sis is stuck somewhere between 5 and 50. She's like a toddler and a retiree at the same time, I don't know how she does it.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

call me selfish but i'm honestly not remotely bothered about her becoming mega successful, i'm just interested in her putting out music of interest to me that forges a slightly different path from everybody else like she has been doing for quite a long time. hence why pop stations don't play her and i rarely even hear her on alternative ones, they struggle to categorise her. it really doesn't bother me. in fact in some ways i think it's been one of her few strengths now we've realised she's actually pretty vacuous lol

she's hardly strapped for cash

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Lmao @ yall saying a Lana and Marina collab wouldn't work because they're "too different" yet change your tune when it involves Miley and Ari. :bye:

Right? Fuck Charli XCX, but let’s suck Miley and Ariana’s clit. Please. And I love how Lana’s friends are “basic bitches”, when Miley and Ariana are just as basic and corny. Make it make sense.

Y’all just want cheap chart stats to yell about on Stan Twitter, it’s so transparent.

True. But her music is so hard to describe and categorize: she's part pop, part something else, most of the time. That she wants to be part of a pop collab isn't that far-fetched in my mind.

I welcome her doing pop again if she does it with the irony, verve and gusto she used to. I love songs like ‘National Anthem’ and ‘Radio.’

‘Groupie Love’ seemed like an effort to rekindle that effortless sort of pop, but failed, at least to me, especially because of the clumsy lyrics towards the beginning.

Right? Fuck Charli XCX, but let’s suck Miley and Ariana’s clit. Please. And I love how Lana’s friends are “basic bitches”, when Miley and Ariana are just as basic and corny. Make it make sense.

Y’all just want cheap chart stats to yell about on Stan Twitter, it’s so transparent.

TEA!!!!!!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

call me selfish but i'm honestly not remotely bothered about her becoming mega successful, i'm just interested in her putting out music of interest to me that forges a slightly different path from everybody else like she has been doing for quite a long time. hence why pop stations don't play her and i rarely even hear her on alternative ones, they struggle to categorise her. it really doesn't bother me. in fact in some ways i think it's been one of her few strengths now we've realised she's actually pretty vacuous lol

she's hardly strapped for cash

I actually would like to see her do well and have a big radio song even if I dont really like the song. She has a lot of fans who think her music benefits our lives so having a big successful song or album would let other people who don't really know her check her music.

I don't want to give you any likes but fuck, I agree

Sucks that someone so childish doesn't manage to stay youthful, instead giving off a strong "fellow kids" vibe. It's like she's 5 years behind on everything. She's not even 35, and 35 is basically the new 23. But sis is stuck somewhere between 5 and 50. She's like a toddler and a retiree at the same time, I don't know how she does it.

Feels the need to announce that they won't give any "likes" to people they personally dislike

Calls Lana childish

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Stanning this girl is so tiring at times. Here's hoping she stops hanging out with those basic bitches for once and does something with her career. I've been giving her more than enough chances already but if she continues this crap for the rest of her albums I have no other choice than to let her go. After all these years of being a fan of hers; I'd never think she would be this lazy and irresponsible. I was expecting her to evolve as an artist but it's starting to seem like she isn't that interested in giving us what we want. Being a fan of her's used to feel so great but now I'm far beyond disappointed and it genuinely makes me sad  :crai:

I'm trying to separate 2010-2017 Lana from this...badly programmed Elizabot. I really think I'll miss her forever. She had her flaws, which I shouldn't have overlooked, but she was something else :sadcore2: 

I actually would like to see her do well and have a big radio song even if I dont really like the song. She has a lot of fans who think her music benefits our lives so having a big successful song or album would let other people who don't really know her check her music.

i definitely hear you. though i can also see them being fairly alienated by her back catalogue if she's gonna go in this particular direction and fans she already has may lose interest. i realise she isn't bothered about this, fair play to her tho cos it's a pretty ballsy risk. i always tend to think this kind of thing is only ever pulled off successfully by absolute geniuses and though she's certainly talented idk

edit: what helps is it's a collab, ari and miley fans will probably love it an it'll sell regardless 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I would as much expect LDR to collaborate with the Jonas Brothers at this stage. 

it's like she's trying to live her 12 year old little girl fantasy

we've officially called it

a lot of fan accs are getting july pre order feelings... i feel like when we all start to collectively feel it coming ... ITS COMING

I think that this Mr.S would not have been teasing collab if its not coming sooner than we think.

giphy.gif

you know what doesn't make sense about this collab?

didn't lana say she wants all her release to be as quite as possible...

Maybe that’s the compromise. Maybe her label will let her have a quiet release without big videos or mainstream singles if she does side projects that appeal to the gp so they still get something out of it. Or it could even be her idea so that people are busy focusing on the pop songs while she quietly slips her album out.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Feels the need to announce that they won't give any "likes" to people they personally dislike

Calls Lana childish

Isn't 3-fucking-4 years old :whatever:

a lot of fan accs are getting july pre order feelings... i feel like when we all start to collectively feel it coming ... ITS COMING

Never forget May 26th

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif