Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She's been struggling to build 'artistic credibility' since UV, so I'm in the dark as to why she would collaborate with Miley and Arianna. I could see collaborations with 'older' artists like Courtney Love or Jakob Dylan, or those newer to the scene like Post Malone, Dylan LeBlanc or Ben Morrison, but I guess this is another example of her unpredictability and tendency to switch gears. 

She did do that sort of sort of sarcastic, cutting Pop really well, the 'Paradise*,' 'Meet Me In Pale Moonlight' and 'Making Out' kind, which I really enjoyed. Maybe this new collaboration will be a return to that? Is that too much to hope for from LDR in 2019? 

* song, not the album. 

Stanning this girl is so tiring at times. Here's hoping she stops hanging out with those basic bitches for once and does something with her career. I've been giving her more than enough chances already but if she continues this crap for the rest of her albums I have no other choice than to let her go. After all these years of being a fan of hers; I'd never think she would be this lazy and irresponsible. I was expecting her to evolve as an artist but it's starting to seem like she isn't that interested in giving us what we want. Being a fan of her's used to feel so great but now I'm far beyond disappointed and it genuinely makes me sad  :crai:

Miley and Ari and two of the biggest names in pop culture right now I hardly think it’s a disaster if Lana collabs with them. It’d be a huge boost to her viability these days and we know she loves Ari. Miley is wild but she really does have a lovely voice. I’d be hesitant af if this was supposed to somehow belong on NFR but it seems pretty clear it’s for something else.

She did do that sort of sort of sarcastic, cutting Pop really well, the 'Paradise*,' 'Meet Me In Pale Moonlight' and 'Making Out' kind, which I really enjoyed. Maybe this new collaboration will be a return to that? Is that too much to hope for from LDR in 2019? 

* song, not the album. 

Ugh one of my favourite unreleased tracks, it's so good! If it sounds anything like that I'm sold.

Miley and Ari and two of the biggest names in pop culture right now I hardly think it’s a disaster if Lana collabs with them. It’d be a huge boost to her viability these days and we know she loves Ari. Miley is wild but she really does have a lovely voice. I’d be hesitant af if this was supposed to somehow belong on NFR but it seems pretty clear it’s for something else.

They may be popular, but they're not the kind of musician LDR has seemed to want to be, become, or be associated with. They're pretty much everything she's run from as fast as possible in her own career.

I would as much expect LDR to collaborate with the Jonas Brothers at this stage. 

Maybe her third insta post is going to be about the collab? I just can’t believe she letting her insta sit there like that.

I just don’t see harm in her collabing with these 2. It could be fun. It feels clear to me that she’s doing all these poppier things outside of her own albums so they don’t have to have these super poppy moments on them. Interscope knows she has some pop appeal and maybe it really is her compromise for not having to have this kind of stuff on her album.

They may be popular, but they're not the kind of musician LDR has seemed to want to be, become, or be associated with. They're pretty much everything she's run from as fast as possible in her own career.

I would as much expect LDR to collaborate with the Jonas Brothers at this stage.

I hate to agree with you, but I agree 100%. If Lana was trying to be taken 'seriously' as an artist, the last thing I'd expect her to do is collab with actual regular Pop stars. Like no shade to Ariana and Miley - they're not my tea but I respect them bc they seem genuine at least - but I don't see how their music is similar at all to Lana. She was bringing old school to new school and both Miley and Ariana are kind of just run of the mill pop.

If Lana has a collab with Taylor Swift, I'm digging my Stan card out of the shredder, taping it back together, spitting on it, screaming at the sky like Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summertime Sadness, driving to Cha Cha Matcha, lighting my refurbished Stan card on fire, howling a desperate plea to the old gods to reclaim their abortion of a musician, and finally moving on with my life with the kind of peace of mind you get by never thinking of Taylor Swift or Elizabeth Granted-we-were-warned-she-was-fake-af

Lana contains multitudes thats why sometimes she gets a track with stevie nicks, then she does A$AP ROCKY, then Miley and Ariana (apparently lol) Her twitter bio says it all :brows: 

Lmao @ yall saying a Lana and Marina collab wouldn't work because they're "too different" yet change your tune when it involves Miley and Ari. :bye:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok but can we discuss Taylor swift putting a reference to Norman Rockwell in her latest mv? Someone brought it up before and I’m so curious about it, like is it just nothing or is she hinting that she has something coming with Lana?

Is Lana seriously about to serve up pop masterpieces with the other HUGE female pop artists? I’m shook af

Honestly I can’t stop thinking about this. I already was putting together clues trying to prove to myself Taylor and Lana were collabing, then this. And Taylor loves Easter eggs.... but I just really want that collab to happen so maybe I’m seeing hints where there are none. But then I wanted Lana/Stevie more than anything and that happened so maybe I can make these things happen with my mind (just kidding but I like to pretend I made that happen)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Honestly I can’t stop thinking about this. I already was putting together clues trying to prove to myself Taylor and Lana were collabing, then this. And Taylor loves Easter eggs.... but I just really want that collab to happen so maybe I’m seeing hints where there are none. But then I wanted Lana/Stevie more than anything and that happened so maybe I can make these things happen with my mind (just kidding but I like to pretend I made that happen)

Yeah I’m thinking about this too since I saw this info: https://twitter.com/ldraddic/status/1141012845364162560?s=21

giphy.gif

I hate to agree with you, but I agree 100%. If Lana was trying to be taken 'seriously' as an artist, the last thing I'd expect her to do is collab with actual regular Pop stars. Like no shade to Ariana and Miley - they're not my tea but I respect them bc they seem genuine at least - but I don't see how their music is similar at all to Lana. She was bringing old school to new school and both Miley and Ariana are kind of just run of the mill pop.

If Lana has a collab with Taylor Swift, I'm digging my Stan card out of the shredder, taping it back together, spitting on it, screaming at the sky like Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summertime Sadness, driving to Cha Cha Matcha, lighting my refurbished Stan card on fire, howling a desperate plea to the old gods to reclaim their abortion of a musician, and finally moving on with my life with the kind of peace of mind you get by never thinking of Taylor Swift or Elizabeth Granted-we-were-warned-she-was-fake-af

There’s no reason you should hate to agree with me. People sometimes develop the wildest misconceptions about one another here. I love Camille Paglia, Nico, Anderson East, R.E.M., Marianne Faithfull, the Cactus Blossoms, Carl Jung, Joni Mitchell, the Velvet Underground, Leonard Cohen, Frankie Lee, Tori Amos, 21 Pilots, Luke Winslow-King, Father John Misty, Kassidy, Jeff Buckley, Elvis Presley...what kind of monster can I be?

Full agree with your other statements, and I am not afraid to say that. Who knows what her inner reasoning is. Like I said, I can only hope it will be something like MMITPM.

yeah... i'm afraid that Lana will be the odd one out, the one who doesn't fit in. it's like she's trying to live her 12 year old little girl fantasy, not the life she aspired to have 5 years ago. but i guess we'll see how it turns out, it might turn out to be something amazing.

i feel that any two of them could be a good combination, but adding all of them into the mix is gonna be a bit messy. but that's just my opinion.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

yeah... i'm afraid that Lana will be the odd one out, the one who doesn't fit in. it's like she's trying to live her 12 year old little girl fantasy, not the life she aspired to have 5 years ago. but i guess we'll see how it turns out, it might turn out to be something amazing.

i feel that any two of them could be a good combination, but adding all of them into the mix is gonna be a bit messy. but that's just my opinion.

tbh i think the whole premise is that lana doesn't fit in, and therefore it'll be interesting

Are you guys aware that you sound exactly like Sublime’s fans bashing Lana for covering their song? “I wasn’t expecting her to do that,” “They’re too pop/not on her level.” Shut up. It’s music. It’s fun. All of them have amazing voices. And even if they’re known for catchy, pop tunes doesn’t mean it’s the only thing they do.