Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I dreamt the other day (night) that a reporter dragged Lana’s (upcoming) Lolla performance so hard that I felt sorry for her.

impossible

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Atleast be consistent. Y’all can’t shit on Lana for becoming “basic” and drag her “baddie” friends for months just to cream your panties over a possible Miley/Ariana collab. *dead*

Y’all love basic baddie Lana or nah?

tenor.gif?itemid=6122132

I don't like Miley, I don't like Ari, I don't like her friends, and I still want a Black Sabbath collab.

And no, I'm not a pop snob, I'd gladly take a Paul McCartney collab.

Simon & Garfunkel, even.

Are Muse considered pop? I love them

Ariana would bring some nice exposure tho. she's pretty much the #1 pop girl right now (fight me lol) the only one able to pull 2 #1s in a row and almost a third one in her most recent era. 
I can even imagine them together, Ariana can sing softer too, I mean she collabed with Troye Sivan and it worked really well. 

she's pretty much the #1 pop girl right now (fight me lol) the only one able to pull 2 #1s in a row and almost a third one in her most recent era. 

I can even imagine them together, Ariana can sing softer too, I mean she collabed with Troye Sivan and it worked really well.

And increasing in quality, her discography has been pure gold since she dropped Dangerous Woman. Ariana run pop. :oprah:

8nl2OpX.png

I don't like Miley, I don't like Ari, I don't like her friends, and I still want a Black Sabbath collab.

And no, I'm not a pop snob, I'd gladly take a Paul McCartney collab.

Simon & Garfunkel, even.

Are Muse considered pop? I love them

i've been fair to miley because i do like her voice and i did like nothing breaks like a heart, i thought it was amazing. but yeah, this is basically me. i love so much pop music and i can't bear people who trash it, cos a good catchy song is a good fucking catchy song. we don't always have to enjoy 'deep' 'profound' things all the time that's ridiculous

but... i'd rather lana played to her strengths, i'm absolutely happy to be proved wrong but i just can't imagine people seeing this trio collab and thinking "omgz lana gotta listen to her!" instead of just thinking "omgz ariana and miley!"

i think it's a mistake to think you're gonna leap to popularity because you collaborate with popular mainstream singers and i'm not suggesting this is definitely her flex (but... i think it could be professionally)

i just want something that is lana, that's all. not 'lana dominated by someone else'. and given her style..... i think she's punching not because the others are even fantastic but because she's understated and they're very not, which is obviously their prerogative 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Ariana would bring some nice exposure tho. she's pretty much the #1 pop girl right now (fight me lol) the only one able to pull 2 #1s in a row and almost a third one in her most recent era.

Halsey has a recent #1 smash. What about her? Lil Nas X is ruling the charts right now, phew, image THAT a collab! Iconic! I’m gagging, hunties!

https://youtu.be/ml0LX3bgMkU

i've been fair to miley because i do like her voice and i did like nothing breaks like a heart, i thought it was amazing. but yeah, this is basically me. i love so much pop music and i can't bear people who trash it, cos a good catchy song is a good fucking catchy song. we don't always have to enjoy 'deep' 'profound' things all the time that's ridiculous

but... i'd rather lana played to her strengths, i'm absolutely happy to be proved wrong but i just can't imagine people seeing this trio collab and thinking "omgz lana gotta listen to her!" instead of just thinking "omgz ariana and miley!"

i think it's a mistake to think you're gonna leap to popularity because you collaborate with popular mainstream singers and i'm not suggesting this is definitely her flex (but... i think it could be professionally)

i just want something that is lana, that's all. not 'lana dominated by someone else'. and given her style..... i think she's punching not because the others are even fantastic but because she's understated and they're very not, which is obviously their prerogative 

I think a Gwen Stefani collab would be cool as fuck too

Lana doesn't need exposure and I don't think she cares about her exposure, at this point of her career. 

what would she need exposure for? everyone knows Lana whether they actually like her or not

I think perception of Lana's fame is a bit twisted on here because we all stan her. I'd be honestly shocked if anyone who is not a fan could name me A single off Honeymoon or another song on lust for life except for lust for life or love. Her fanbase has kept her career alive because it is big and loyal thanks to her quality output. Love and Lust for life had some nice youtube views and she gets alright streams but compared to other artists nowadays she really doesnt have any general public exposure. And what does she need exposure for? Well maybe if she doesnt bring those numbers anymore her label might actually step in and be like: you're not cutting it Ms. baddie time to do some promo or something to get that money back we spend on you. As much "control" as she has, this is still a numbers game for Interscope.

Knowing her doesnt mean knowing that she has a new release, which is really what this is about. 

I think perception of Lana's fame is a bit twisted on here because we all stan her. I'd be honestly shocked if anyone who is not a fan could name me A single off Honeymoon or another song on lust for life except for lust for life or love. Her fanbase has kept her career alive because it is big and loyal thanks to her quality output. Love and Lust for life had some nice youtube views and she gets alright streams but compared to other artists nowadays she really doesnt have any general public exposure. And what does she need exposure for? Well maybe if she doesnt bring those numbers anymore her label might actually step in and be like: you're not cutting it Ms. baddie time to do some promo or something to get that money back we spend on you. As much "control" as she has, this is still a numbers game for Interscope.

Knowing her doesnt mean knowing that she has a new release, which is really what this is about. 

FINALLY someone said it

whenever i talk about lana, most ppl have no idea who that is until i start humming Summertime Sadness or Video Games. stans always overestimate their favs success, fame and popularity

image.png