Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

she didn't even say august though did she? just "2 months"

U is correct. So yeah my first thought was it’s still kinda sketchy but a bitch needs something to look forwards to these days you kno

I hear what you are saying, but I think as we don't know exactly why there have been broken promises and miscommunications, it would not be right of us to say it is down to Lana being an idiot/annoying/whatever you guys wanna call it. Sure, it may be solely her holding things up, but she is probably doing this for a reason and did not want to tell us more details once she realised how upset we got when she couldn't keep her previous promises. Maybe Ben and Ed told her to not say anything about the album until they knew what was happening, and now it seems she does know what is happening so has shared it with us - but she still gets hate. It's like whatever she does, she can't win. I think it is just important to remember that no matter how much analysis we do, we really don't know for sure what is going on behind the scenes, and it may not be fair of us to make negative judgements on Lana when we don't know the full circumstances.

But anyway, I hear you, I also keep grudges  :shh:

One, I’ve never called Lana an idiot, and two, she literally said she didn’t have a plan for releasing the album because she thought it’s more fun that way. :rip: Can’t see much reasoning there, but like you said, what do I know? I do think too that Ben and Ed may possibly have told her to try to keep it low, especially when the album was never really coming.

And no, I can’t let her win this time, it has simply been too long time with too little professionalism. If she had said something news worthy months ago, maybe in winter or spring, like, I dunno, “it’s taking longer than I thought”, then I would’ve understood and accepted the explanation. I’m just too salty about all of this. I love her music, but someone really needs to stop her from teasing far too much way too early unless they’re certain it’s going to happen somewhat soon.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This bitch also gotta come thru with a deluxe edition of the album so we can forgive the bitchy attitude she had for these months

I want a good boxset this era like we did with paradise and ultraviolence. Especially since (allegedly) MAC, VB, Hope and Doin Time aren't going to be on the record, she could put out pyshical singles (even though I think VB is too long for a 45). 

One, I’ve never called Lana an idiot, and two, she literally said she didn’t have a plan for releasing the album because she thought it’s more fun that way. :rip: Can’t see much reasoning there, but like you said, what do I know? I do think too that Ben and Ed may possibly have told her to try to keep it low, especially when the album was never really coming.

And no, I can’t let her win this time, it has simply been too long time with too little professionalism. If she had said something news worthy months ago, maybe in winter or spring, like, I dunno, “it’s taking longer than I thought”, then I would’ve understood and accepted the explanation. I’m just too salty about all of this. I love her music, but someone really needs to stop her from teasing far too much way too early unless they’re certain it’s going to happen somewhat soon.

I am sorry if that is what I implied, I did not mean to imply that you specifically have called her an idiot, it is just an observation that I have picked up generally across the forum recently. I think you are a brilliant member here and the last thing I want to do is pick a fight with you. I am just saying that as we don't know the full circumstances, maybe we should not be so harsh as it does not do ourselves any good.

If I can use one of my own examples to show what I mean, I went through a really rough patch with a very close friend of mine - I was constantly thinking of all the negative things they were doing and assuming their reasons and intentions for things were negative. Turns out, I was pretty off the mark and by thinking so negatively about them all the time, I got myself in a downward spiral where literally everything they did, I interpreted as negative. I then tried to put a more positive spin on things, and it really helped a lot. Again, I am not saying to ignore her mistakes or justify them, just not to tear her to shreds on a regular basis.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Taylor's album comes out on August 23 so I don't know how accurate "two months" can be. You'd be crazy to release an album at the same time as Taylor Swift, but then again, everything has been so fucking messy I wouldn't be surprised.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream