Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Anyways, let's not forget the other theory that the preorder is coming on August 9 for a August 23 release. The album release date is weird, honestly; beginning of August for the lead makes sense. 

Actually it's a good excuse. Doin' Time got her to be remembered as the summer queen, and people will obviously follow her more now. And the song did pretty well, way better than any of the NFR singles on YouTube, which is the platform people stream a lot on. It got her some promo and radio time. Now, she's about to have a collaboration with the biggest pop star at the moment, Ariana, and another big pop star that's making her comeback as a controversial person again like she was before Younger Now, Miley. It's obvious that it's gonna give her a big shot and put her in the spotlight. It's perfect to have this amount of promo before the pre-order of an awaited album.

The worthiness or not of ‘Doin’ Time’ and the CA track are not what I was addressing. And what a sad day it is when LDR has to parrot and piggyback off AG to sustain a career and public profile!

Neither of those singles explain the simple failure to give an accurate, concise release date, no matter how far in the future. It’s not as if she didn’t already tell the world, “It won’t be out before the top of the year,” etc.

Even now she cannot, or more likely, will not, just reveal the release date like every other musician does, including legendary names like Springsteen and Madonna. No; LDR is above that. She’s different; she’s special; she’s entitled. She’s free to lie and/or manipulate her fans for a fucking year.

I would accept all of this IF she hadn’t constantly/willfully /cluelessly continued to procrastinate WHILE continuing to misinform her entire fan base for almost a year with continual snippets of false and inaccurate information.

When she realized the album was going to be heavily delayed, all she had to do is say so. And if, 3 months later she found out it was going to be delayed another 4 months, she could have posted that too. That’s all fans needed—accurate information.

Not a lot of 8th-rate photos, self-indulgent navel-gazing and misinformation.

I'm hoping some Ariana stans leak the song tbh, they seem to be more crafty with that kinda thing. 

But about the NFR pre-order, it will most likely be before the album is due. Like a week maybe. Idk how it works. But let's hope Lana says something revealing at her show today. @Clampigirl I'm counting on you to shout 'Cinnamon' when she asks the audience what song she should sing next. :umadney:

I’ll do my best :heart: If I’m super lucky, she’ll come to me and I’ll give her a note where I express my wish to hear Yosemite one day. :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The worthiness or not of ‘Doin’ Time’ and the CA track are not what I was addressing. And what a sad day it is when LDR has to parrot and piggyback off AG to sustain a career and public profile!

Neither of those singles explain the simple failure to give an accurate, concise release date, no matter how far in the future. It’s not as if she didn’t already tell the world, “It won’t be out before the top of the year,” etc.

Even now she cannot, or more likely, will not, just reveal the release date like every other musician does, including legendary names like Springsteen and Madonna. No; LDR is above that. She’s different; she’s special; she’s entitled. She’s free to lie and/or manipulate her fans for a fucking year.

I would accept all of this IF she hadn’t constantly/willfully /cluelessly continued to procrastinate WHILE continuing to misinform her entire fan base for almost a year with continual snippets of false and inaccurate.

When she realized the album was going to be heavily delayed, all she had to do is say so. And if, 3 months later she found out it was going to be delayed another 4 months, she could have posted that too. That’s all fans needed—accurate information.

Not a lot of 8th-rate photos, self-indulgent navel-gazing and misinformation.

Lol you need to calm down, this is such an extreme reaction.

She. Doesn't. Owe. You. Anything.

Have you ever thought that the album might have never been delayed? She hadn't even finished the record yet so it was way too soon to choose an actual release date. If when she finished the album in December, it was clear that it wouldn't be out soon, I don't see why she would apologize for a "delay" because of an unsure date she mentioned once. There's no lies or manipulation of anything. How could she even manipulate her fans by doing nothing kkkkkkk I'm dying. And how is posting snippets misinformation? Did she say anything in the captions? The answer is no.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Have you ever thought that the album might have never been delayed? She hadn't even finished the record yet so it was way too soon to choose an actual release date. If when she finished the album in December, it was clear that it wouldn't be out soon, I don't see why she would apologize for a "delay" because of an unsure date she mentioned once. There's no lies or manipulation of anything. How could she even manipulate her fans by doing nothing kkkkkkk I'm dying. And how is posting snippets misinformation? Did she say anything in the captions? The answer is no.

Dude we just wanted a simple tweet to tell us if it was delayed or not (for whatever reason). There comes a certain point where we (as fans) are owed an explanation at the very least. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

You’re. Hilarious.

I didn’t say or even imply that:

she.OWES.me.or.anyone.anything.

I have argued against that idea—that she owes anyone anything—constantly here.

It’s a simple matter of objectively-executed professionalism and respect for your public.

Even if she DIDN’T plan to release it for a year or fifteen months, then why constantly tease it, give inaccurate information or estimates like, “it won’t be released before the top of the year”? Why DIDN’T she post something on FB or Instagram saying the March 29th date was incorrect??

Why not just say, if you must say anything at all, “I have completed a new album with Jack Antonoff, but won’t be releasing it for a year and a half, in approximately February of 2020. In the meanwhile, I’ll continue to record new songs and may even release a new project first, in the interim. More on that second album as it develops, if it develops.”

Maybe if she hadn’t alienated a lot of her fanbase, she wouldn’t be playing second fiddle to a flash-in-the-pan pop tart like AG. That song will CERTAINLY bring her the artistic credibility she’s been chasing ever since UV!

We know she’s not doing it for the money. She’s got plenty of that—many millions.

So..MGK is releasing Hotel Diablo next week... Will we hear his Lana collab?

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m more curious about that one than the CA’s song (pure pop, which is not bad but not my cup of tea; I usually get tired of those songs after 5 listens, plus Lana will only mumble the bridge and sing the last chorus from what we’ve heard)

Dude we just wanted a simple tweet to tell us if it was delayed or not (for whatever reason). There comes a certain point where we (as fans) are owed an explanation at the very least.

That’s it!! Well said.

Agreeeeed. 

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m more curious about that one than the CA’s song (pure pop, which is not bad but not my cup of tea; I usually get tired of those songs after 5 listens, plus Lana will only mumble the bridge and sing the last chorus from what we’ve heard)

No he deleted the entire album that had the Lana collab on it. 99.9% chance it’s non-existant anymore unless Lana has it which she does (the insta video remember?)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Didn't he scrap everything after they recorded together and started the album all over again?

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

No he deleted the entire album that had the Lana collab on it. 99.9% chance it’s non-existant anymore unless Lana has it which she does (the insta video remember?)

Didn't he scrap everything after they recorded together and started the album all over again?

I know he did scrap everything, I just wonder if it's really «everything, everything», including that song (I'm super biased here, but I see a Lana song as some sort of holy shit and to ask to be on his song could salvage that one from being deleted). Unless the song is bad... There was the video of Jack listening to it and I guess he was involved at some point in the project... Anyways, we'll see (it's the only fucking certainty of this era lol)

Anyways, I don't think it's going to end up on NFR if it's not on his record. 

And what ever happened to her & Jesse Rutherford, weren’t they working on something? That little clip she posted seemed cute & promising. I think he even tweeted about it

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

And what ever happened to her & Jesse Rutherford, weren’t they working on something? That little clip she posted seemed cute & promising. I think he even tweeted about it

They did. But like with every goddamn collab, we never know for which project it was made. His record? Hers? Something else (unlikely though)?

Good morning sweets,

Lettuce send positive wishes & energies to Lana for her set today.

Lettuce continue being MySpace baddies.

& most importantly,

Lettuce pray for NFR news & that he is given freedom soon or truly, in a little bit.

Ciao :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass