Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The Greatest, Cinnamon, California is the holy trinity with bartender as honorable mention

but honestly they're basically all flawless. The only one I don't really care about is HTD and I haven't even heard it 

this is me except swap bartender with california

I know it's shit quality, but is it just me or do the songs kinda lack percussions/some sort of beat? I mean Cinnamon is amazing, but the rest of the album is somewhat flat comparatively to her all her other albums???

I know it's shit quality, but is it just me or do the songs kinda lack percussions/some sort of beat? I mean Cinnamon is amazing, but the rest of the album is somewhat flat comparatively to her all her other albums???

i think this was clear since the very beginning

Anyway...

Can we talk abt how messy HIAB is tho? The structure...

And all the lyrics we hadn’t heard from the snippets sound so... so cringey to me?

“I was one thing and now I’m another” etc etc

literally just this & BAR are the only *meh* tracks

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

So what did I miss

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I think you're right, it seems very stripped down and plain, accoustic, acapella, I don't know what to call it, maybe down to earth? Not as complex as other melodies.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

literally just this & BAR are the only *meh* tracks

I don't think BAR is a "meh" track. I'm dissapointed about the lyric changes, but the rest? Top notch production. That bridge? Iconic. 

She may have killed BAR, but at least it's a death deserving of a spot in the Panthéon.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I think you're right, it seems very stripped down and plain, accoustic, acapella, I don't know what to call it, maybe down to earth? Not as complex as other melodies.

I mean I'm really digging the sound she went for don't get me wrong, but as much as I really enjoy songs like The Greatest, HIAB, NFR even Venice Bitch, it's not much the fact that they are stripped down, but the fact that they sound kind dry/flat regardless of the beautiful instrumentals?