-Bartender

-Happiness Is A Butterfly

-Yosemite

-Venice Bitch

[DLX]

-Starry Eyed

-Roses Bloom For You

tha dream

No disrespect but HTD should be the closing track...

01. Mariners Apartment Complex

03. Norman Fucking Rockwell

04. Cinnamon

07. Venice Bitch

09. Sylvia Plath

12. Happiness

14. How To Disappear

I know she doesn't do deluxe editions anymore but just include Yosemite as a hidden track on the end and its perfect.

04. Cinnamon

07. Venice Bitch

09. Sylvia Plath

12. Happiness

14. How To Disappear

I know she doesn't do deluxe editions anymore but just include Yosemite as a hidden track on the end and its perfect.

How to disappear should come before Venice Bitch, which should be the closing track

Venice Bitch is such a self reminiscent song, it's for the same reason that The Other Woman follows Old Money.

I see what you mean - but sonically I see Venice Bitch as a transition point in the record, hence the central placement in the tracklist.

Then HTD is the closing ballad about settling down and living a normal life perhaps.

How to disappear should come before Venice Bitch, which should be the closing track

But don’t you think “if you weren’t mine I’d be jealous of your love” would be a weird way to end a record?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

But don’t you think “if you weren’t mine I’d be jealous of your love” would be a weird way to end a record?

I think it's a wonderful note to end the record on.

Especially if it's used as an extension of the message to the someone she is singing about in HTD

I see what you mean - but sonically I see Venice Bitch as a transition point in the record, hence the central placement in the tracklist.

Then HTD is the closing ballad about settling down and living a normal life perhaps.

I can definitely see what you mean!

But for me, the length of Venice Bitch really makes it feel like 'the last stop' on the train that will be the album.

The instrumental break is like taking a last chance to bask in the world of NFR and it's a truly beautiful feeling

NFR opening with MAC: You lose your way, just take my hand... don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am.

NFR closing with HTD: I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere.

okay guys, Norman Rockwell's bday is February 3 let's keep this in mind

also just realized he painted that famous painting of ruby bridges and it's called 'the problem we all live with' so if there is nO song with this title i'm leaving the chat

also so far with what we  know and how VB fades into an end, it seems it should be the end of the record to fade us out

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Sylvia Plath's birthday was like half a week after Lana teased it

trying to base it off logic don't mean shit girl

Sylvia Plath's birthday was like half a week after Lana teased it

trying to base it off logic (?) don't mean shit girl

is the album called sylvia fucking plath i didn't think so

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

04. Cinnamon

07. Venice Bitch

09. Sylvia Plath

12. Happiness

14. How To Disappear

I'm having some issues on tryna place tracks ngl, obviously Yosemite & the dlx are a bit theoretical n blind hope but it made sense. 

I can't tell if HiaB or MAC would be the openers, MAC kinda sets a new tone for lana and ends off with 'are you ready for it' whereas HiaB sounds like a prelude, it reminds me of Love from LFL. In that it sets a motif/theme to keep in mind going through the album; the closer I can't see being HtD- I don't know why HtD reminds me of Brooklyn Baby in both spirit and placement, but my idea for the TR was to keep sonic elements close together (and some theory crafting to put tracks like Sylvia/Bartender where they are).

Venice Bitch to me sounds like a decent closer, and that's where I put the deluxe tracks in- to extend the closing mood- going from electric guitars and lush instrumental to a quick ukelele ballad & then ending it off with a lullaby on the piano feels right to me. It's like a major closure then it slightly picks back up, like a song from a movie soundtrack playing in the credits. I put Yosemite 2nd to last because it's also a guitar track (afawk) that in of itself could be a closer, as the lyrical topics describe how a relationship moves and changes as time goes on (and the fact it would also feature a "candle in the wind" lyric, much like MAC does. Venice Bitch would ALSO go along with this theory, being as MAC includes Venice Bitch within the lyrics as well. 

Norman Rockwell could also be an opener to the album, if we're going by pattern she's alternated placements of the title track in the list every other time. BtD was #1, Ultraviolence #2, Honeymoon #1, with Lust for Life clocking in at #2. It's a bit more a stretch seeing/hearing HiaB and MAC since they feel like openers, but it's a 3rd theory.

for me, NFR as a track just exudes the spirit of BAR- it has the same lyrical content, so I could see it keeping the low tempo, chill guitar loop that the demo had- that feels like a Flipside type track; along with a piano chord progression providing foundation like there was in MAC. going from there I can also see HtD being #3, I have a feeling HtD is a bit longer than what we got to see- since Venice Bitch went from 10 to 3 minutes, HtD could've also been the same; I can see a shorter but equally as emotional guitar or piano riff around the bridge that'd make HtD fit nicely into the third slot- if it has the synthy sounds we heard . From there it would tie into Cinnamon- going from guitar/piano/synth to more of a pop sounding track Cinnamon could start a new "feel" or section in the tracklist, kinda like how Cherry drove in a more sultry side of LfL from the maturer-themed pop songs. 

following that there's the new tracks in which we haven't heard and then Sylvia, which is an entire wildcard of a track as the snippet gave us such minor direction in sound and little to no discernible melody we can replicate (like we could with HiaB).

I wanna hope Bartender is an entirely weird track for Lana, having a unique song structure and more of a 3rd person point of view to the track. HiaB kinda awkwardly fits in my version of the tracklist as going from Bartender to HiaB would be like IMF to GBA without coachella, I can't think of any other sequence for the songs; HiaB just feels to me like it would be near Venice Bitch/Yosemite, so I tossed it there.

it's definitely not perfect but I have valid reasonings for my placements- and I'd like to see how much of it I get right. I just can't really see a 10 minute track being anywhere near the middle, if not the end of the album

is the album called sylvia fucking plath i didn't think so

is Lana a logical and trusting person when it comes to releasing her fucking music i didn't think so

02.Norman Fucking Rockwell

03. Bartender

04. Sylvia Plath

05.Cinnamon ft. MGK

06.Happiness Is A Butterfly

07.How To Disappear 

08.Roses Blooming (THIS WOULD BE A GREAT TRANSITION FOR WHAT I IMAGINE)

09. Violets Bent Backwards Over The Grass (i just really hope this is a song, a slow piano or guitar ballad similar to psb) i imagine the prechorus to be like how she sang "well i dont let them rain on my parade" in RBFY but like slow and deeper saying violets bending back--wards over the grass, (It bursts into a strong piano/string mix) and shes humming and singing about watching the sunrise and trees  and shes using flowers growth as a metaphor for her growth and OMG

10.Starry Eyed (dreamy piano/synth with a soft guitar for the kids at the hospital)

11. Venice Bitch

this is what i want 

NFR opening with MAC: You lose your way, just take my hand... don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am.

NFR closing with HTD: I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere.

I like this, and I think Happiness will come right before HTD because for some odd reason I think they're very similar.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i feel like venice bitch only really makes sense as the opening track or the closing track. Or potentially the midway transition track, if she wants to stack the first half of the record for more slow ballads and the second half as freer/more psychedelic. but who knows with lana.