Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i feel like venice bitch only really makes sense as the opening track or the closing track. Or potentially the midway transition track, if she wants to stack the first half of the record for more slow ballads and the second half as freer/more psychedelic. but who knows with lana. 

I get what you're trying to say, but I honestly dt she'd close the record with it. Not just because she usually does covers at the end, but it feels more like a track 4 5 6 or 2 kinda track. Might even be the usual sentimental ballad she has for number 3.. I wanna know if she's gonna open the record with Mariners Apartment Complex, or if we'll get a new track instead

UV/Honeymoon

If we're going by the 11 tracks that aren't even confirmed:

2. Happiness is a Butterfly

4. Venice Bitch

5. Mariner's Apartment Complex

6. Cinnamon

7. Sylvia (Plath)

10. How To Disappear

Leaving room for everything else. Not to join in on the Yosemite bandwagon, bc let's all think for ourselves, but I'd really hope that Yosemite can make an appearance in all of this. It seems to be fitting the happier atmosphere that we've heard so far, less HtD, and it fits that north CA beach vibe. Holding out hope but it's real thin

Quoting this bc my stand on the track order still stands 

UV/Honeymoon

well guess what sylvia died on feb 11 

well guess what you're illiterate i said her BIRTHDAY

aka October 27th

https://mobile.twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/1065493240961413120

Lord, I hope this fire didn’t inspire her to write new material because this ain’t it.

But I appreciate the sentiment.

On one hand I think you're kinda being hard on her on the other I think that if this is what she calls poetry I'm still buying 20 copies but instead of keeping one I'm giving them all away... ifywim

or ok more realistically instead of keeping two copies I'll keep just one. cause wow. I write a lot of poetry and this gets my whole world in shambles

ZKcaooE.png

From the woman who wrote Bel Air, I don't think she's gonna have any trouble about whether or not the material's there. I'm thinking it's gonna be more about the tone she takes, and how much intent reflects from the effort she uses.

Still, I'm hoping it's just a status, but the hyphens do get me worried. Bc I mean it's a bit predictable, and in the sound of ur thoughts, I can't help but think it being said slowly than quick. I actually liked Coachella, and the meaning behind it, the outro was heavenly, so I wouldn't mind another one, more in the sound of surf, but. Well plainly put. I hope those weren't lyrics just now.

At least we know she's playing with rhythm atm 

UV/Honeymoon

I really dont want Venice Bitch to be the closing track. I'm sorry but are ya'll on crack? It should be the transition point going from the more soft and folky part of the album to a slightly more psychadelic part. Plus the closing track of an album is always my favourite track to listen to so i hope it's something new and exciting that will surprise us all

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I really dont want Venice Bitch to be the closing track. I'm sorry but are ya'll on crack? It should be the transition point going from the more soft and folky part of the album to a slightly more psychadelic part. Plus the closing track of an album is always my favourite track to listen to so i hope it's something new and exciting that will surprise us all

oh so now the underpass cretin is gonna preach to us about folk

oh so now the underpass cretin is gonna preach to us about folk

at least i stan songs that exist

tenor.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lyrically, many songs from NFR seem to combine "old Lana storyline" and "present tense Lana storyline".

On MAC: old Lana: the depressed guy thinking she is sad all the time / new Lana: I'm a big time believer that people can change (pretty much the message from Change).

on VB: old Lana: the writer-type mentioned on Is This Happiness, I like diamonds / new Lana: we're getting high now cause we're older.

on HTD: old Lana: John and Jim seem to be old lovers or friends, of her NY era / new Lana: it's been years since i left NY, I now live in California and all.

on Cinnamon: old Lana: the guy takes pills, and violet pills were mentioned on Is This Happiness / new Lana: her plea to hold her without hurting her is really coming from the heart, and seems very "this is what I am feeling at the moment".

Wasn't there a big fire in Cali last year too? Or was it earlier this year? Maybe she'll write a song called Inferno. :oic:

There are fires in Cali every year, but there was a huge one this summer. 
Not sure it would be tasteful, to write about that when she lives herself in Cali. But hey, maybe she could find an intelligent and thoughtfull way of putting it into a song.

The way I see it is like this

01. Mariner’s Apartment Complex

02. Norman Fucking Rockwell

03. Cinnamon

04. Bartender

05. Happiness Is A Butterfly

07. Venice Bitch

08. Sylvia Plath

11. How To Disappear

Knowing her we have a possibility of getting more than 11 tracks but I don’t really expect more than maybe 13 or 14 all together. I’m really hoping there’s more than what we already know about just because she said Sgt. Peppery and that’s a great album so I’m hoping for this to be her Sgt. Pepper

Remember, this is the woman who always either starts an album off with the title track or she’ll make it the second on the track list. BTD, LFL, UV, and HM all had this happen.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole