Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just really wanna make people not fight anymore so I’m posting an off topic kinda thing so. I want to remind everyone of that time Lana sang Pretty When I Cry and said “I’m crying all the time” during it, has a demo leaked of this song yet? I don’t have it if it has but I really need to know if the lyrics were any different in the demo...

Anyway can we just imagine if we can collectively consider VB as NFR’s PWIC (until the time comes when the record is out and we can judge if any other songs rank up there with it) then there’s gotta be some kind of blues pop rock ballad like Shades of Cool that she’s got waiting to release too... please Lana come through!!!!

I could only fucking imagine... or if she did some sort of weird track like TLY was. To me that song was just a weird one on HM that I used to skip and now it’s my favorite from that album. Imagine a TLY 2.0

(And I know someone’s gonna bitch “y dont u want change in an artist?!?! Y r U tHiS wAy ShE HaS cHaNgEd!!!! Idgaf so bye)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

how ab Venice Bitch is the Venice Bitch of NFR cause she ain't ever done sumn like it and it blows PWIC and even SoC out of the water for guitar riffs

talking about a possible tour if she decides to after the release, if she keeps some songs from the LATTM tour will she change the dance with it? will there be a new dance or set with the songs? i would hate to see the same thing for a song again. for instance, if she kept OTTR would it be the same dance or will she style it to be different? ALSO, this album seems like a difficult album to tour for. i mean stripped back sounding artists are always performing in arenas such as ed sheeran so i don't think it would be that bad, but i want a tour with EXCITEMENT like a stage design that goes out into the crowd and actual visuals and dancers.

giphy.gif

talking about a possible tour if she decides to after the release, if she keeps some songs from the LATTM tour will she change the dance with it? will there be a new dance or set with the songs? i would hate to see the same thing for a song again. for instance, if she kept OTTR would it be the same dance or will she style it to be different? ALSO, this album seems like a difficult album to tour for. i mean stripped back sounding artists are always performing in arenas such as ed sheeran so i don't think it would be that bad, but i want a tour with EXCITEMENT like a stage design that goes out into the crowd and actual visuals and dancers.

I think it would be amazing if Lana did a stripped down, solo acoustic tour (maybe even with Jack on the piano). Not necessarily in small venues, but not major arenas either; in between like theatres (kind of like her Apple performance). I think that would be appropriate for NFR's sound and that way she could also work in low key versions of older stuff. I just think, knowing Lana stans, they would just scream the whole time and would ruin the lo-fi experience (myself included, probably).

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

I personally request Lana to do a screamo cover of Darude - Standstorm, immediately followed by a Scottish Pirate Metal rendition of Voices of Angels / Voices of Ascension by Hildegard Von Bingen. If there's one and not the other I'm unstanning

Omg yes the Finnish national anthem (not really), need.

Do you ever have that kind of mood that you need NFR and no other record for and no other thing will meet your needs that moment and this freaking thing is not even out yet?

My brain is acting as if it exists and it's playable and hey dude let's do this but BITCH it's not

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Do you ever have that kind of mood that you need NFR and no other record for and no other thing will meet your needs that moment and this freaking thing is not even out yet?

My brain is acting as if it exists and it's playable and hey dude let's do this but BITCH it's not

Yes!’n In the meantime, I can satisfy it somewhat with Mazzy Star, Fleetwood Mac, The Smiths, AKA, Lush, Jets To Brazil, and Cigarettes After Sex

VB does not touch SoC in any realm :oop:

Except the realm of Lana’s best songs. They’re both easily top 5

For me ;

01. Black Beauty

02. Venice Bitch

03. Shades Of Cool

04. Carmen

05. Heroin

For me ;

01. Yosemite

02. Yosemite

03. Yosemite

04. Yosemite

05. Venice Bitch

ugh your fucking mind

ugh your fucking mind

Too bad we’ll never hear Yosemite and that’s the YosemitEA

It’ll be like Roses for 6 years

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I just really wanna make people not fight anymore so I’m posting an off topic kinda thing so. I want to remind everyone of that time Lana sang Pretty When I Cry and said “I’m crying all the time” during it, has a demo leaked of this song yet? I don’t have it if it has but I really need to know if the lyrics were any different in the demo...

I'm pretty sure PWYC was recorded in one take and the lyrics were improvised.

She said: "The way you heard it recorded is the way I freestyled it. I made it up on the spot with my guitar player and left it as it was with that session drummer, and just called it a day on that song"

She said: "The way you heard it recorded is the way I freestyled it. I made it up on the spot with my guitar player and left it as it was with that session drummer, and just called it a day on that song"

Yeah, also if you look up the song, the producer of the song I think worked in the studio it was recorded in and its the only song he ever produced. He must have just been there that day and they got him to do it since he maybe knew what he was doing more than her.

Yes!’n In the meantime, I can satisfy it somewhat with Mazzy Star, Fleetwood Mac, The Smiths, AKA, Lush, Jets To Brazil, and Cigarettes After Sex

Except the realm of Lana’s best songs. They’re both easily top 5

For me ;

01. Black Beauty

02. Venice Bitch

03. Shades Of Cool

04. Carmen

05. Heroin

Carmen? In Lana's top 5 best songs? im SCREAMING

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Interesting info... good to know, thanks c: I wasn’t aware of this tbh

giphy.gif

Too bad we’ll never hear Yosemite and that’s the YosemitEA

It’ll be like Roses for 6 years

i sit here and mind my own business vouching for a song i love and appreciate and you bum bitches really have to intrude onto my lane to make the effort to rag on me

ain't y'all got a colonizer holiday to worry about buying a fatass turkey for? y'all ain't got anything better to do? 

that's sad

yosemite & i are staying moisturized, eating right, and glowing

i sit here and mind my own business vouching for a song i love and appreciate and you bum bitches really have to intrude onto my lane to make the effort to rag on me

ain't y'all got a colonizer holiday to worry about buying a fatass turkey for? y'all ain't got anything better to do? 

that's sad

yosemite & i are staying moisturized, eating right, and glowing

I was making a joke and you’re pressed for what? Lol pipe down dude. Yosemite is dead. Get over it.

giphy.gif

How To Disappear is still THAT bitch, the lyrics are so much better than VB... I love when Lana comes up with the storytelling bc she's amazing at it, can't wait to listen the final version with lots of guitars at the end  :toofunny: (and even if the song ends up being a piano ballad I'm still here for it, the live performance was mesmerizing)

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains