Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

HORRENDOUS lmfao they just got rid of the drums why are y'all so pressed you can still go listen to the other version leave it alone  :toofunny:

luv, hush! this is a thread and it's MY opinion! 

it doesn't fit the theme of the album and sounds cheap. periodt!  :kiss:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

It’s funny how everyone brings up Fantano not liking UV as a reason his reviews suck yet y’all also praise Ajay who also didn’t like UV. Idk I like watching both of them and I don’t always agree with them, but if I wanted to see someone with my exact opinions, I’d just review albums myself.

i miss dylan, his reviews on lana's music were so good and he really paid attention to the lyrics and appreciated the little things in her songs that not very many people notice

i love you, but you don't understand me.

It’s funny how everyone brings up Fantano not liking UV as a reason his reviews suck yet y’all also praise Ajay who also didn’t like UV. Idk I like watching both of them and I don’t always agree with them, but if I wanted to see someone with my exact opinions, I’d just review albums myself.

to be fair tho, fantano didn't like born to die OR ultraviolence OR honeymoon that much either. he's obviously not a fan (which is fine, but i mean, why would we take the opinion of someone who clearly personally doesn't enjoy her music?)

giphy.gif

My take away after a first listen is it's amazing what a difference it makes hearing it in HQ.  I figured the LQ got the point across, but it's a completely different experience hearing it in all its glory.  It's clearly a very inspired album, and Lana sounds way more present and engaged than she did for most of L4L.  That being said, I don't see myself going back and listening to these songs very often.  I can always go back to her pre-L4L albums and revel in their sonic depths... but this record doesn't stir my imagination very much.  There's nothing on this album that even comes close to hitting me the way my two favs from Lust for Life (In My Feelings, Heroin) hit me.  I hope the album does well, and I hope Lana continues to surprise us with her musical journey, but so far, I still think Honeymoon was her last great album, and Paradise is still firmly at the top of the heap for me.  But I look forward to seeing how the next few months of listens will change my opinion.  I had that same hope for L4L, but my initial opinions have remained pretty much the same to this day.

NFR is uv meets hm and i'm here for it. NGL, hm is my favorite album right next to L4L, but i love that she went into exactly how she described this album: retrospective sag girl shit. i think i have to give it time to grow with the album and i can EASILY see myself becoming obsessed with this album. I grew up on hip-hop, so cinannamon girl & how to disappear are automatic sugar bombs for me, but CALIFORNIA is hard not to just fall in love with and my ex-boyfriend is a bartender, so BAM. I think you should give the album some time. This album is clearly LDR's most personal.

pass me my vape.

69245675_508814696545615_556157393923211

Ok hear me out , this is going to be a lengthy dramatically gay theory about the cover, specially after reading her “hope” interview. What if she’s holding her hand out to get us onboard but ALSO asking for help? In her interview she talks about how she considers herself a matriarch amongst her friends but at the same time how some of those friends and even herself had to suffer through certain situations (I think she might be referring to sexual favours and patriarchy in the industry. She is never really clear about that but you can tell that’s where she was going). She swapped the car theme for a boat and a man she is holding on to, who is almost entirely pushing her aside (on the CD pic) but she still needs to cling on to him if she wants to survive, and she’s at sea, which means she is not steady and is subject to currents. In a way she still has hope (MAC and the cd ending with “hope” is self explanatory) but maybe she’s tired of the patriarchy and being manhandled and maybe this is what “the greatest” is about, not specifically that she’s done with singing but maybe she’s set some boundaries with certain power people and now she doesn’t know if these people are still going to support her art; this might also be true of VB, where she sings “I’m fresh outta fucks forever I’m trying to be stronger for you (the fans)”.

Or maybe this was just all Chuck’s doing lol

What do you guys think?

Ok hear me out , this is going to be a lengthy dramatically gay theory about the cover, specially after reading her “hope” interview. What if she’s holding her hand out to get us onboard but ALSO asking for help? In her interview she talks about how she considers herself a matriarch amongst her friends but at the same time how some of those friends and even herself had to suffer through certain situations (I think she might be referring to sexual favours and patriarchy in the industry. She is never really clear about that but you can tell that’s where she was going). She swapped the car theme for a boat and a man she is holding on to, who is almost entirely pushing her aside (on the CD pic) but she still needs to cling on to him if she wants to survive, and she’s at sea, which means she is not steady and is subject to currents. In a way she still has hope (MAC and the cd ending with “hope” is self explanatory) but maybe she’s tired of the patriarchy and being manhandled and maybe this is what “the greatest” is about, not specifically that she’s done with singing but maybe she’s set some boundaries with certain power people and now she doesn’t know if these people are still going to support her art; this might also be true of VB, where she sings “I’m fresh outta fucks forever I’m trying to be stronger for you (the fans)”.

What do you guys think?

chuck is just a terrible photographer and graphic designer 

What do you guys think?

nice but they probably just took the photo randomly 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

What do you guys think?

normally I'd say you're reaching, but i honestly think this is kinda genius

giphy.gif

HTD's outro!!! Their minds

I've been sunbathing all day and I'm coming home to listen on my balcony to have a full album experience with cigarettes and green tea. Bought new headphones today. Have a nice day ladies

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Oh wow

The new version of FIILY is a choice... I didn't really like the original to begin with, and I feel like I care even less about it now. I can't stand that cheap ass trap/electronic beat.

guys what does that supposed to mean, it shows on her store site:

UK! LIMITED EDITION PRINTS HAVE LANDED & THEY'RE ALL SIGNED BY LANA!  

BE QUICK - THESE WILL BE DROPPED INTO ALL UK ORDERS OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS WHILE STOCKS LAST.

i couldnt find any signed shit on her site anymore but this appears on the page? can someone explain?

:smile3:

NFR GENERAL ALBUM THEME: being saved

yes or no

idk but wouldn't  that be bad? in LFL she sings about getting free and now she's back to needing someone else to save her

"to play someone's game or live my own life"  depending on someone else to save you is playing their game and not yours

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

to be fair tho, fantano didn't like born to die OR ultraviolence OR honeymoon that much either. he's obviously not a fan (which is fine, but i mean, why would we take the opinion of someone who clearly personally doesn't enjoy her music?)

He gave Honeymoon a great review, didn’t he? I’m pretty sure he did. His fans even accused him of accepting bribes from Lana because he liked it so much. Whereas Ajayy barely paid attention while listening to Honeymoon.

Clearly fantano prefers when Lana is mature and poetic and Ajay prefers when she’s sexy and badass. Neither of them like all her stuff and both have valid reasonings for why they don’t like some stuff even if I feel differently.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Maybe it's a bit soon to make assumptions but

is it just me or a lot of these songs have just this sorta demo quality about them, I was honestly thinking while listening to a couple of them "the final version would sound amazing" oh well.