Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've listened to the entire thing and I must say that I'm quite disappointed tbh. :(

No interesting melodies (except for a couple of songs), her voice falls flat plenty of times and is sometimes drowned in the production, the new bits in TNBAR literally sound like they've been cut and pasted in, barely any hooks, meh lyrics.

I hope this album will grow on me, the same way that Honeymoon grew on me eventually. Oh well

Don't kill me lol

Why did they change FIILY? So, I pre-ordered the album, so the one that downloaded automatically, will that stay the same? Or is there a single version I need to buy?

Sorry I'm really dumb when it comes to this stuff.

Apparently (yesterday) Camila Cabello created a playlist on Spotify which contains Venice Bitch, MAC, Doin Time and Video Games. She lowkey has taste.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1vzYwSIAeXTC8i14PZvHss?si=weGeJ2_ETbuFjAVyMK-sxw

I bet she leaked it

Also why did the album snippet teaser have the single version of fiily?

Apparently (yesterday) Camila Cabello created a playlist on Spotify which contains Venice Bitch, MAC, Doin Time and Video Games. She lowkey has taste.

at least some taste since she has none when it comes to men

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

After the Lanaboards Earthquake few days ago it now rains thousands of Warning Points. The temperature jumps from cold to very hot weather  from post to post. The Weather in Lanaboards is  as wild as the stans. Attention! Every now and then some thunderstorms and even hurricanes pull through lanaboards

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

leaks are a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I can wait three more days after waiting a year to hear this album

but for real I'm loving the feedback from everyone that's listened! y'all got me tantalized. TANTALIZED.

I bet she leaked it

Because they are a mess and sent the wrong version for pressing  :teehee:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Why did they change FIILY? So, I pre-ordered the album, so the one that downloaded automatically, will that stay the same? Or is there a single version I need to buy?

Sorry I'm really dumb when it comes to this stuff.

why was the FIILY snippet we got three weeks ago from the French website an extract of the single version?

That was probably a last minute change. I believe the single version is going to be on streaming services.

At the end of Hope.... CD version:

"'Cos I had you in my head

Are you real?

Are you real?

Yeah?

Is there any chance that I will wake up on the floor and the song not exists?

It will be very sad

If I wake up and you don't exist and this song doesn't exist 

Yeah

I hope you're real"

Whose voice is it? Jack Antonoff?

It’s probably the version on all digital copies. The other version is likely only on physical releases. Not surprising though. For example, lots of older albums only have the “single versions” of songs on streaming services on albums, probably to share the streams or something.

Also probably more incentive to buy the physical if there’s an exclusive version of any songs.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

After the Lanaboards Earthquake few days ago it now rains thousands of Warning Points. The temperature jumps from cold to very hot weather  from post to post. The Weather in Lanaboards is  as wild as the stans. Attention! Every now and then some thunderstorms and even hurricanes pull through lanaboards

It’s true there was a hurricane that struck just as I was listening to the outro of Cinnamon and it sent my wig into orbit

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

My take away after a first listen is it's amazing what a difference it makes hearing it in HQ.  I figured the LQ got the point across, but it's a completely different experience hearing it in all its glory.  It's clearly a very inspired album, and Lana sounds way more present and engaged than she did for most of L4L.  That being said, I don't see myself going back and listening to these songs very often.  I can always go back to her pre-L4L albums and revel in their sonic depths... but this record doesn't stir my imagination very much.  There's nothing on this album that even comes close to hitting me the way my two favs from Lust for Life (In My Feelings, Heroin) hit me.  I hope the album does well, and I hope Lana continues to surprise us with her musical journey, but so far, I still think Honeymoon was her last great album, and Paradise is still firmly at the top of the heap for me.  But I look forward to seeing how the next few months of listens will change my opinion.  I had that same hope for L4L, but my initial opinions have remained pretty much the same to this day.

26vMNDz.gif

Calling it now: Fantano's gonna give her a 6/10 

WHEW he's gonna hate HTD and HIAB 

Honestly besides his little Fantano army, who gives a shit about what he thinks? He's literally the epitome of pitchfork readers/indie music reviewers who think their opinion should be plastered everywhere and loves listening to himself talking shit about albums he's never going to be able to make himself. He's literally one of those who started the Lana hate movementTM. He can honestly choke.

kinda feel like happiness is a butterfly could've ended the album

i think the album tells a cohesive story about the highest and lowest points in a relationship and how much you can change for a person but still loving them no matter what and throughout most of the tracks she sings about partying, dancing, fame and wanting [barrie] her lover to come back to her 

she's been trying to catch happiness and get back together with this guy, all she wants to do in the end is dance with him

i love you, but you don't understand me.