Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

3-4 year break seems resonable. 5 years breaks seem bad just look at LORDE.....People went to sleep on her. Musical taste can change a lot in 5 years. Fans will move on to something else to fill the gap.

The difference between Lana and Lorde is that Lana aquired a loyal fanbase through the years: she never had a hit and the majority of her fans didn't get to know her because of her being overplayed on the radio or winning tons of awards and stuff. Lorde, on the other hand, had a huge breakthrough with Royals and not everyone who enjoyed her song was necessarily her fan, and that showed in Melodrama because most of the GP lost interest on her and the album didn't do great when it comes to commercial success. Lana's LFL did similar numbers to Melodrama with close to zero promotion and that being her fifth album compared to Lorde's second. So I'm sure that if Lana takes a hiatus her fans won't move on, and if they do they'll still come back when she releases something.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

3-4 year break seems resonable. 5 years breaks seem bad just look at LORDE.....People went to sleep on her. Musical taste can change a lot in 5 years. Fans will move on to something else to fill the gap.

Five years? That's cute. Try waiting TEN YEARS, like Gwen Stefani's fans. Although it was a fantastic album and went straight to #1, so I guess it was kinda worth the wait.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Five years? That's cute. Try waiting TEN YEARS, like Gwen Stefani's fans. Although it was a fantastic album and went straight to #1, so I guess it was kinda worth the wait.

What about Kate Bush? I wasn't even born when she started her hiatus and then I was literally 11 years old when she made her comeback   :lmao:

Lana has such a large, timeless discography so early on in her career, that I can wait years for her next record.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

What about Kate Bush? I wasn't even born when she started her hiatus and then I was literally 11 years old when she made her comeback   :lmao:

Whew, legends only! And let's not forget about Shania Twain's iconic 15-year break. :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

That's why I admire Madonna tbh, ever since 1983 the bitch hasn't taken a long break, not even when she got pregnant. Her longest hiatus was between Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light (4 years) and even then she was busy working on Evita and doing promos and stuff. She's been working non stop for almost 40 years now, that's some impressive shit and she has my respect.

Anyone else notice how Lana's voice pans slightly between left and right during parts of Sylvia/Hope...? It sounds a bit like when your headphones are giving out and losing sound in one ear lol The more I notice it the more annoying it is

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Anyone else notice how Lana's voice pans slightly between left and right during parts of Sylvia/Hope...? It sounds a bit like when your headphones are giving out and losing sound in one ear lol The more I notice it the more annoying it is

yes ive said it since day 1, it makes the song unlistenable for me

image.png

reminder that she will probably take a 5 years hiatus after NFR :smokes:

I expect LDR7 to come out much later on: she is working on a Broadway with Rick apparently, she began writing and might want to pursue that avenue in the next years, plus she wants children at some point.

If she decides to take a break, she really should consider releasing an unreleased collection or a collection of leaks and unleaked tracks. She has a ton of music to choose from, and it would be perfect for fans.

I thought I was the only one...

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

She wouldn’t take that long of a break. She’s always writing and she probably has written a few songs for her next project already.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

She wouldn’t take that long of a break. She’s always writing and she probably has written a few songs for her next project already.

Maybe she should sit on them for a while, revise them, produce the demos, produce second demos, make the finals, and work out all the mixing and mastering so they're of true quality. Not saying NFR isn't quality, but it's always nice to have something that hard work has been put into! 

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

what would lana take a break from? her eras only last like a month meanwhile other artists have eras that last 2 years

if we had eras like the BTD back to back i understand but we dont. we get music, like 2 videos, and then she just disappears

Whew, legends only! And let's not forget about Shania Twain's iconic 15-year break. :toofunny:

Tool is on hiatus for 13 years now. Hadn't made a comeback yet. Still waiting

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

what would lana take a break from? her eras only last like a month meanwhile other artists have eras that last 2 years

if we had eras like the BTD back to back i understand but we dont. we get music, like 2 videos, and then she just disappears

But... but... the exhausting ~tOuR LyFe~ and having to promote her music all the time and the countless interviews etc. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

But... but... the exhausting ~tOuR LyFe~ and having to promote her music all the time and the countless interviews etc. 

Let's be real though: touring must be mentally exhausting for her  :ohno: