Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i’m COMPLETELY fine with a 3-4 year gap on her next album. she’s worked a ton and it’s lana so of course she won’t just hide away and not come out with anything between that time.

giphy.gif

do you guys feel like we will be getting some news this week??? I can feel it coming in the wind, maybe Tuesday? Fingers Crossed

Same. I think we'll be getting news the first tuesday of February also! :umadney:

i’m COMPLETELY fine with a 3-4 year gap on her next album. she’s worked a ton and it’s lana so of course she won’t just hide away and not come out with anything between that time.

That's when releasing a record full of unleaked material would come in handy. But it's Lana so nevermind

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

doesn't the Gucci campaign start Tuesday? I would assume she'd start announcing stuff once the commercials go out 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I do think she will take a long break after this album, she'll be 34 and if she really wants a partner and kids - which it does sound like in these new NFR songs then its a good time to stop doing anything music related at all and take a couple of years to live.

Her albums do seem to tie in with her thoughts and experiences at the time and are quite personal and the songs so far from this album are mostly about wanting old boyfriends back, looking forward to life iving with someone and having kids and cats, also mentions of not being happy and trying to find happiness but it not happening yet.

She even has How To Disappear as a song on the album  :judgingu3: 

I don’t expect her to go on a break. She always says she wants to “quit music” or she felt she had kind of a “writer’s block” and then a week later she’s saying “Oh I think I just wrote a song that’s kind of cool so”

If she does she’ll say “Oh I’m going on break for a year or 2” and then 6 months into it she’d be working with another producer in a studio.

To her, I think touring is like a break. Yeah, she has to be somewhere and is always traveling but she likes to call the stage her second home. It’d be unlike her to be like “Oh yeah nope I’m not doing tours or new records for multiple years, fuck that”. She works on records sometimes on the road, too. Someone said something about her releasing an unreleased collection during a break and that’s interesting because I know some demos she’ll use for things, then some tracks aren’t mastered or mixed exactly right or they have the wrong production/instrumental. She’d still be hands on on that project and knowing how picky she is, it wouldn’t surprise me that she’d end up wanting to redo all the tracks

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She likes music too much to take a long break. A 1 and ahalf years break max, and even that's a reach.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

So after translating whole day

I went ro the centre for a walk and had

Hope is ... on repeat

I like it better now... but I kinda can not click with it like I could with MAC

Venice beach is kinda my pasta song

haha

I start the song when I am preparing pasta

and I know the pasta is good when the song is over

hahaha

So after translating whole day

I went ro the centre for a walk and had

Hope is ... on repeat

I like it better now... but I kinda can not click with it like I could with MAC

Venice beach is kinda my pasta song

haha

I start the song when I am preparing pasta

and I know the pasta is good when the song is over

hahaha

lmao Venice Bitch is my shower song

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

How would you be fine with her not releasing any new music for 3 to 4 years? I would literally DIE

I'd be fine with that. She released 5 projects in the spam of 5 years so it would be fair for her to take a long break, but only if she came back fully realized visually and served us good music videos  :crossed: imagine waiting for her for 4 years only for her to release a MAC kind of video I would unstan.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I'd be fine with that. She released 5 projects in the spam of 5 years so it would be fair for her to take a long break, but only if she came back fully realized visually and served us good music videos  :crossed: imagine waiting for her for 4 years only for her to release a MAC kind of video I would unstan.

i dont want a huge gap because that is exactly what she would comeback with

People think when artists take long breaks from music, they'll make a comeback with a refreshed point of view & vision but most of the time they just lose touch with their muse.

This is why I'm glad Lana starts making new music as soon as she releases an album & doesn't stretch an album era for 2 years (I mean it's just about 15 songs. How much shall you milk it, huh?)

Although I'm not a fan of her lack of effort & her decision making regarding her collaborations on songs & videos (all those rappers, Jack Antonoff, Chuck, the messy LFL visuals) - she is still in touch with her artistic self when it comes to music - while all the other pop girlies who started with her in 2012 have gone to artistic decay.

This might also be because of her long struggle before getting into the industry. It helped her set her priorities & the purpose for writing music.

I don’t expect her to go on a break. She always says she wants to “quit music” or she felt she had kind of a “writer’s block” and then a week later she’s saying “Oh I think I just wrote a song that’s kind of cool so”

If she does she’ll say “Oh I’m going on break for a year or 2” and then 6 months into it she’d be working with another producer in a studio.

To her, I think touring is like a break. Yeah, she has to be somewhere and is always traveling but she likes to call the stage her second home. It’d be unlike her to be like “Oh yeah nope I’m not doing tours or new records for multiple years, fuck that”. She works on records sometimes on the road, too. Someone said something about her releasing an unreleased collection during a break and that’s interesting because I know some demos she’ll use for things, then some tracks aren’t mastered or mixed exactly right or they have the wrong production/instrumental. She’d still be hands on on that project and knowing how picky she is, it wouldn’t surprise me that she’d end up wanting to redo all the tracks

True but she may be now thinking thats why she is unable to find a boyfriend or happiness and isn't close to her goal of wanting a family because she works too much.

MAC is about her an an ex and how they broke up but it seems like it was like a misunderstanding and she wants him back.

Venice Bitch follows on from MAC and is saying how he should come over and they can live together now they're older.

HTD is her saying how she/people disappeared from them/her but it seems she is now together with the guy and they have a kid and cats and she is going to be there for him.

HIAB also seems to be about a guy who she wants to be with but he seems to be avoiding her.

Cinnamon also about a guy she wants to be with who it seems tried to push her away and she still wants him back but will just let him live.

HIADTFHFHFJKGKGK to me seems like a struggle between her being famous but unhappy at living like that and she possiby wants to be more normal and is being driven crazy and the song is like split between her speaking as her normal self and the big celebrity. Her normal self isnt happy and only likes some things about being famous like being on stage but as a famous person she has possibly become depressed and given up hope "shes never cared less and i've never cared more", her pen wont work in her notepad any more and she is now writing in blood on walls - possibly being driven crazy that writing new songs which she enjoys only fuels the fame that she doesnt enjoy? but her normal self still hopes it works out how she wants and she still has hope.

To me the songs point toward her main thoughts now are at having a settled life with a boyfriend/family and she is older and wiser and ready now but seems worried it might not happen and her being famous seems to partly be a reason. Which is why I could see her taking a step back from music if these songs are her true thoughts.

True but she may be now thinking thats why she is unable to find a boyfriend or happiness and isn't close to her goal of wanting a family because she works too much.

MAC is about her an an ex and how they broke up but it seems like it was like a misunderstanding and she wants him back.

Venice Bitch follows on from MAC and is saying how he should come over and they can live together now they're older.

HTD is her saying how she/people disappeared from them/her but it seems she is now together with the guy and they have a kid and cats and she is going to be there for him.

HIAB also seems to be about a guy who she wants to be with but he seems to be avoiding her.

Cinnamon also about a guy she wants to be with who it seems tried to push her away and she still wants him back but will just let him live.

HIADTFHFHFJKGKGK to me seems like a struggle between her being famous but unhappy at living like that and she possiby wants to be more normal and is being driven crazy and the song is like split between her speaking as her normal self and the big celebrity. Her normal self isnt happy and only likes some things about being famous like being on stage but as a famous person she has possibly become depressed and given up hope "shes never cared less and i've never cared more", her pen wont work in her notepad any more and she is now writing in blood on walls - possibly being driven crazy that writing new songs which she enjoys only fuels the fame that she doesnt enjoy? but her normal self still hopes it works out how she wants and she still has hope.

To me the songs point toward her main thoughts now are at having a settled life with a boyfriend/family and she is older and wiser and ready now but seems worried it might not happen. Which is why I could see her taking a step back from music if these songs are her true thoughts.

I bought some mittens today.