Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I hope we get another non circular vinyl like the LFL/Love one

I'd rather get a 12" picture disc, using the cover art from MAC and VB. One side being MAC and Hope Is A Dangerous... and the other side being Venice Bitch. 

giphy.gif

But can we talk about how Lana compares herself to the sea in MAC and then says whoever the song is about is lost in her but she will command the boat in her direction again, meaning she'll let them get to know her and how to get through her, like those are powerful lyrics she did THAT

tenor.gif?itemid=7986116

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I bought some mittens today.

I know I took it too far :$ :eek:   but im just wondering her meaning of these songs and wondering how this album will come together. I feel like since BTD which was like part life mixed with fantasy and artistic stylesonngs the albums since have been more real and personal so this will likely be the same.

TBH Lana’s best songs are:

Born To Die, Off To The Races, Video Games, Carmen, Without You, Lucky Ones, Ride, Yayo, Bel Air, Ultraviolence, Shades Of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, Old Money, Black Beauty, Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, Freak, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24, Love, Lust For Life, Cherry, 13 Beaches, Coachella, God Bless America, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, Tomorrow Never Came, Change, Heroin, Get Free, Venice Bitch, Hope Is A Dangerous Thing, Cinnamon, How To Disappear, & Happiness Is A Butterfly... so far. Her top 20 are undoubtedly

1. Venice Bitch

2. Tomorrow Never Came

3. Heroin

4. West Coast

5. Get Free

6. Video Games

7. Hope Is a Dangerous Thing

8. Ride

9. Terrence Loves You

10. The Blackest Day

11. Honeymoon

12. Born To Die

13. Ultraviolence

14. Brooklyn Baby

15. Carmen

16. Pretty When You Cry

17. 24

18. Old Money

19. Salvatore

20. Love

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

True but she may be now thinking thats why she is unable to find a boyfriend or happiness and isn't close to her goal of wanting a family because she works too much.

MAC is about her an an ex and how they broke up but it seems like it was like a misunderstanding and she wants him back.

Venice Bitch follows on from MAC and is saying how he should come over and they can live together now they're older.

HTD is her saying how she/people disappeared from them/her but it seems she is now together with the guy and they have a kid and cats and she is going to be there for him.

HIAB also seems to be about a guy who she wants to be with but he seems to be avoiding her.

Cinnamon also about a guy she wants to be with who it seems tried to push her away and she still wants him back but will just let him live.

HIADTFHFHFJKGKGK to me seems like a struggle between her being famous but unhappy at living like that and she possiby wants to be more normal and is being driven crazy and the song is like split between her speaking as her normal self and the big celebrity. Her normal self isnt happy and only likes some things about being famous like being on stage but as a famous person she has possibly become depressed and given up hope "shes never cared less and i've never cared more", her pen wont work in her notepad any more and she is now writing in blood on walls - possibly being driven crazy that writing new songs which she enjoys only fuels the fame that she doesnt enjoy? but her normal self still hopes it works out how she wants and she still has hope.

To me the songs point toward her main thoughts now are at having a settled life with a boyfriend/family and she is older and wiser and ready now but seems worried it might not happen and her being famous seems to partly be a reason. Which is why I could see her taking a step back from music if these songs are her true thoughts.

I love that me and Lana are going through the same stuff at the same time. Me too is more willing to find someone right now after years and years of making myself emotionally unavailable and I'm finally start to feel things again and feel a little more alive too. I think thats the main reason why I like these new tracks so much, they speak to me on a personal level  :flutter:

True but she may be now thinking thats why she is unable to find a boyfriend or happiness and isn't close to her goal of wanting a family because she works too much.

MAC is about her an an ex and how they broke up but it seems like it was like a misunderstanding and she wants him back.

Venice Bitch follows on from MAC and is saying how he should come over and they can live together now they're older.

HTD is her saying how she/people disappeared from them/her but it seems she is now together with the guy and they have a kid and cats and she is going to be there for him.

HIAB also seems to be about a guy who she wants to be with but he seems to be avoiding her.

Cinnamon also about a guy she wants to be with who it seems tried to push her away and she still wants him back but will just let him live.

HIADTFHFHFJKGKGK to me seems like a struggle between her being famous but unhappy at living like that and she possiby wants to be more normal and is being driven crazy and the song is like split between her speaking as her normal self and the big celebrity. Her normal self isnt happy and only likes some things about being famous like being on stage but as a famous person she has possibly become depressed and given up hope "shes never cared less and i've never cared more", her pen wont work in her notepad any more and she is now writing in blood on walls - possibly being driven crazy that writing new songs which she enjoys only fuels the fame that she doesnt enjoy? but her normal self still hopes it works out how she wants and she still has hope.

To me the songs point toward her main thoughts now are at having a settled life with a boyfriend/family and she is older and wiser and ready now but seems worried it might not happen and her being famous seems to partly be a reason. Which is why I could see her taking a step back from music if these songs are her true thoughts.

Wut lol

MAC is about people thinking she’s sad when she’s not and this one guy took it the wrong way

VB is more or less a pillow talk type of song. I imagine that she’d be saying that to a guy she really likes

HTD is about her looking at her past and where she’s at today, with or without who was talked about in the song

HIAB and Cinnamon are about a self destructive guy who’s path is only to inevitably destroy her too. The way he keeps her out, etc. (I think of them both as a follow up/sequel to Is This Happiness?)

HIADT is more about her feeling crazy because she’s neither happy not sad, yet she’s almost in between and doesn’t know what that’s supposed to mean. I think it’s more of a song to herself really

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

if lana wants to take a break she can focus on a lot more than just a new album concept because eventually she's gonna start sounding like everything is the same thing

she can:

a. do more poetry

b. actually try to release an album of her fave unreleased songs

c. fucking relax for a sec

d. she wants to work in movies so maybe she'll transition

e. start a lanaboards account

there's a lot of possibilities here ladies

only time i bottom is when your dad invites me over

this is better than the ipad lyric

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I can see her pulling away from the music industry, in terms of fulfilling the traditional album cycle obligations -- but I don't ever imagine she would stop writing music. It's not just a job; it's her life. Obviously I can't speak for her, but for many of the more musically and creatively inclined, writing songs or poetry is what gives their lives purpose and meaning. It's how they make sense of the world and of themselves  :oprah3:

I try not to listen to HTD that much because I'm saving myself for the studio version but I just listened to it again and I can say with conviction that this is one of Lana's best work, both lirically and sonically. I will never get over the "i love that man like nobody can he moves mountains and turns them to ground again" line its so powerful and beautiful and sincere like this song is going to serve magnum opus teas, it's a piece of art.

tenor.gif?itemid=7986116

if lana wants to take a break she can focus on a lot more than just a new album concept because eventually she's gonna start sounding like everything is the same thing

she can:

a. do more poetry

b. actually try to release an album of her fave unreleased songs

c. fucking relax for a sec

d. she wants to work in movies so maybe she'll transition

e. start a lanaboards account

there's a lot of possibilities here ladies

She won’t start acting though. If she did anything, she’d just write it. She’s said it herself, she’s a bad actress and maybe that would explain why we haven’t seen real mv this era? Idk. But writing only takes a year or so for an entire movie or play or something.

And tbh I always kind of thought she might already have a LB account. Just to snoop because we all know she likes her privacy lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Wut lol

MAC is about people thinking she’s sad when she’s not and this one guy took it the wrong way

VB is more or less a pillow talk type of song. I imagine that she’d be saying that to a guy she really likes

HTD is about her looking at her past and where she’s at today, with or without who was talked about in the song

HIAB and Cinnamon are about a self destructive guy who’s path is only to inevitably destroy her too. The way he keeps her out, etc. (I think of them both as a follow up/sequel to Is This Happiness?)

HIADT is more about her feeling crazy because she’s neither happy not sad, yet she’s almost in between and doesn’t know what that’s supposed to mean. I think it’s more of a song to herself really

Hard to say really we all read into them different.

For me those songs all point towards her wanting the guy(s) back, not that she has moved on from them.

HIADT starts off with her basically talking about how she can't be a normal famous person as thats not her, then the part about being a famous woman on the iPad to me points towards the more disconnected she becomes she may eventually just be another famous person on an iPad even to her own dad. She is directly speaking to her dad at that part and saying how she is "the most famous person you know on the iPad" like thats only how he sees her now. She also mentioned how the only love she ever knew was with bowery bums - basically normal people. I think that song is for sure about being famous and how it's bad for her and she doesn't like it but part of her has given up hope.

Venice Bitch also to me is about a guy she was already with, "you write I tour", how would she just describe him as a writer if it's an as yet unknown future guy. "We're getting high now, because we're older" points to them having been together when younger. "Miss you on my lips". She also said she was the Venice Bitch of the guy in MAC and said MAC was about an ex-boyfriend who thought she was as sad as him and thats why they were good together so it was a real guy.

And tbh I always kind of thought she might already have a LB account. Just to snoop because we all know she likes her privacy lol

I bet she hates us 

She hates everyone who hates In My Feelings and LFL in general so I'm safe  :thankyou: ily Lana!

If her setlists are any indication, Lana hates every album she's released so far aside from Born To Die. Taste won xox

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

For some reason I think Lana's favourite album is Honeymoon or probably NFR (as she said in a livestream)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

For some reason I think Lana's favourite album is Honeymoon or probably NFR (as she said in a livestream)

talking about honeymoon, i can't believe she said she never released the MV because "not much happened in it",...

uhm what happened in VB and MAC? :um2:  :um2:  honeymoon mv was gorgeous to say the least. 

talking about honeymoon, i can't believe she said she never released the MV because "not much happened in it",...

uhm what happened in VB and MAC? :um2:  :um2:  honeymoon mv was gorgeous to say the least.

It really was beautiful, it's a shame that it was never officially released. That video really nailed the aesthetics that I imagine when I listen to certain songs on that album.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

This is living proof that she lowered the standards herself :rip: