Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Why do people forget that Lana told us Yosemite would be included on LFL then she changed her mind. Clearly this is why we have trust issues. :trisha:

this is why i am scared to never hear ''in Your Car'' again :,(

but i'd love to have the country songs

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

She really thought she was being slick by pretending it was originally meant for White Mustang. :teehee:

they even still put the clip of the guy working on his holographic record, it just fit too perfectly for architecture  

Why do people forget that Lana told us Yosemite would be included on LFL then she changed her mind. Clearly this is why we have trust issues. :trisha:

and with architecture? i mean she made a whole MV for it

Revenge for leaking BAR obvs. :icant:

I bet she made the same when Black Beauty demo leaked. :hooker:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

If In Your Car gets scrapped I will eat myself alive.

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

For the older users- is this the most uneventful era? Bc I’ve been a fan since BTD, and reading through some older threads, I’m surprised people were mad at how things were released in the past. Like, even tho LFL is my least fave album, at least we had promo for it and I don’t blame Lana for the Love situation. Her indecisiveness is what made the album suffer. And no new songs have leaked- which is great, but I get aggravated seeing no confirmation as to what’s happening. I know some of you say, “She doesn’t care anymore, this is a personal album”. Like someone said before, her lack of interest is making me less interested. The quality of the music doesn’t save it for me anymore.

No this is common. Between Paradise and UV she didn’t do many interviews except once something leaked. Nobody heard news about the next record for a while. She’d been seen in public at places but that was it up until West Coast releases and the month it was released she started doing promo singles.

Then HM she mentioned work on the week after she released UV, talked about MTWBT and then went quiet again.

LFL was the first era where she actually showed snippets of songs on ig and it was kind of weird to me. Same thing this era, it just seems weird that she’s showing snippets of her yet to be released material. You’d think she’d want to save it for a listening party again or something like that. UV and HM both had album trailers that showed snippets of the songs on the records, yet LFL’s album trailer was more or less a preview of what her music makes her feel on that album? Fan servicey

I’m just wondering if we should expect to see an album trailer soon

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

If Cinnamon gets scrapped I will call my gramma and tell her that god's gay

Lanz/Lizzy gone lezzy?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m just wondering if we should expect to see an album trailer soon

i totally forgot ab an album trailer for this era

gramma said the gay flags are waving for me :diva:

i totally forgot ab an album trailer for this era

Hell maybe she’ll just take the snippets she posted and post it as a trailer with an expectation time period for the album “March 2019” or “Summer 2019” at least but I’m pretty sure she never does the release date in the trailer

giphy.gif

She really thought she was being slick by pretending it was originally meant for White Mustang. :teehee:

Didn't she post a video of herself on set of WM singing the lyrics to BAR on her Instagram story though?  :creep:

Idk why she even bothered scrapping BAR, the album was already long as hell and at least it would've made a good music video  :facepalm:

and with architecture? i mean she made a whole MV for it

Architecture was never confirmed to be on LFL. We leaked it, hoped she would do like she did with Black Beauty and include it, but she scrapped the acoustic side of LFL, leaving Yosemite and Architecture out of it. We all know LFL changed over time due to her dating fiasco, the shift in politics and the leaks, plus she had begun doing the interviews, thinking LFL would be done by that time, which it wasn't.

She talked about Yosemite very much over interviews, but at least she didn't tease it with a snippet. Then again, if she had, I'm pretty sure she would have included it on LFL (cue my new catch phrase : to the exception of RBFY, she included on a record all the songs she teased with a snippet). 

Didn't she post a video of herself on set of WM singing the lyrics to BAR on her Instagram story though?  :creep:

Idk why she even bothered scrapping BAR, the album was already long as hell and at least it would've made a good music video  :facepalm:

She did. But after that, someone (the director? another dude?) says: «Want to switch to the other song, boss lady?» The video was surely meant for BAR, but she probably wasn't  sure of the third single of the album, and the video shooting was already scheduled. Could explain why she never sings any of the lyrics in the video: there was always a possibility of the bAR video being for another song. 

If In Your Car gets scrapped I will eat myself alive.

again, gays and gals, I will be repeating myself to calm the fuck out of you: 

to the exception of RBFY, which she clearly stated it wouldn't be on LFL, all the songs she teased with a snippet ended up on a record. So Cinnamon is safe, In Your Car is safe also. 

True, we lack info, but the info we get from her on social media are exact. 

surely we will get some type of news next Tuesday/Thursday???

Right???

then that would be 8 weeks before the assumed date of release (March 29)

in the past how long before the albums release does she usually reveal the cover and release date?

if she sticks to a usual 1-2 months before then we can assume something soon (if the march date is true), i just don't remember if she does that or if she's random with it

ok LFL cover was a little over two months before its release... (3 months i can't do math)

Architecture was never confirmed to be on LFL. We leaked it, hoped she would do like she did with Black Beauty and include it, but she scrapped the acoustic side of LFL, leaving Yosemite and Architecture out of it. We all know LFL changed over time due to her dating fiasco, the shift in politics and the leaks, plus she had begun doing the interviews, thinking LFL would be done by that time, which it wasn't.

She talked about Yosemite very much over interviews, but at least she didn't tease it with a snippet. Then again, if she had, I'm pretty sure she would have included it on LFL (cue my new catch phrase : to the exception of RBFY, she included on a record all the songs she teased with a snippet). 

She did. But after that, someone (the director? another dude?) says: «Want to switch to the other song, boss lady?» The video was surely meant for BAR, but she probably wasn't  sure of the third single of the album, and the video shooting was already scheduled. Could explain why she never sings any of the lyrics in the video: there was always a possibility of the bAR video being for another song. 

again, gays and gals, I will be repeating myself to calm the fuck out of you: to the exception of RBFY, which she clearly stated it wouldn't be on LFL, all the songs she teased with a snippet ended up on a record. So Cinnamon is safe, In Your Car is safe also. 

True, we lack info, but the info we get from her on social media are exact.

Yosemite sis

Yosemite sis

Yosemite never was previewed on her Insta with a snippet  ;) 

She talked about it a lot, but never gave us a snippet of it on Insta.

As long as I've not heard Bartender on her insta, i will treat it like Sylvia: not sure it will end up on NFR. But if a snippet is posted on her Insta' it's safe. 

in the past how long before the albums release does she usually reveal the cover and release date?

if she sticks to a usual 1-2 months before then we can assume something soon (if the march date is true), i just don't remember if she does that or if she's random with it

ok LFL cover was a little over two months before its release... 

From what I can remember

UV album cover was around May 7th or so - 1 month before the album

HM album cover was around August 15th (probably the billboard) and then August 22nd maybe the whole album cover - so 1 month before the album

LFL album cover was second week of April - 3 months and a half before the album

I think UV and HM pre-orders and tracklists were revealed really close to the album cover reveal

LFL however had the tracklist leaked online the last week of June and was confirmed with the pre-order 2 weeks before the album release

Yosemite never was previewed on her Insta with a snippet ;)

She talked about it a lot, but never gave us a snippet of it on Insta.

As long as I've not heard Bartender on her insta, i will treat it like Sylvia: not sure it will end up on NFR. But if a snippet is posted on her Insta' it's safe.

This is very myopic

Mentioning a song in nearly every interview released prior to the album is more intimate than sharing a ten second LQ instagram snippet. Even more so when she routinely described it as her favourite of the record, even mentioning lyrics that resonated most with her as well as the context behind the song and what it meant to her. AND YET she still scrapped it.

Your instagram theory falls completely apart when considering Lana's irrationality and it's only a matter of chance that all the snippets teased have generally gone on to be released. Also, the second time she posted about RBFY with that "listening listening" caption was PATENTLY ambiguous. Maybe she did plan on releasing it sometime

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

This is very myopic

Mentioning a song in nearly every interview released prior to the album is more intimate than sharing a ten second LQ instagram snippet. Even more so when she routinely described it as her favourite of the record, even mentioning lyrics that resonated most with her as well as the context behind the song and what it meant to her. AND YET she still scrapped it.

Your instagram theory falls completely apart when considering Lana's irrationality and it's only a matter of chance that all the snippets teased have generally gone on to be released. Also, the second time she posted about RBFY with that "listening listening" caption was PATENTLY ambiguous. Maybe she did plan on releasing it sometime

I get your point and it is a valid one. She shouldn't have scrapped Yosemite for the reasons you said and that I share. 

When was the second RBFY snippet released? I think it was December 2017? She also said in one of the interviews for MAC or VB that she had a writer's block in those times. At first, when I saw the video, I thought it meant she would release it or would include it on a new record. With those new infos she gave us in September, to me, it seems as if she is questiong herself what she should do with it. 

As for the snippets thing, to this date, it's always been true. Maybe she'll change her strategy, but since her social media is the best confirmation we have of things and some official press releases, I tend to trust it. If I'm wrong, guys, I will admit it with much grieve and apologies.