Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So did she boot Cinnamon off the record? I saw earlier today she said there were no bops or something?

Possibly but nobody knows what the hell Lana’s definition of a bop is.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Being a big fan of The Smiths, I imagine how would you describe the band since y’all are calling Lana lazy, like... their covers are just random images and the booklets have no photos in it... and it’s considered a great band of the XX century... I wonder if Lana wants to go to that kind of simplicity... sometimes, in music, respect (I mean, great reviews, acclaim, etc) comes with simplicity

She really made a song that goes from “happiness is a butterfly...” to screaming “dont be a jerk”

I fucking love you babe and I'm so pissed no one else realizes the bitch screaming about taxis ain't cute. The song literally sounds like three chorus

Happiness is a butterfly

Try to catch it like lightening I

If he's a serial killer then what's the worst

Don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi

Like what does you becoming happy have to do with your serial killer boyfriend and what does your booty call sending u home early in a taxi have to do with your serial killer boyfriend and you wanting to be happy like I swear the song concept is a fucking mess.

She should just cut em up into three choruses, write verses for them all and have three songs.

Happiness Is A Butterfly

I'm Already Hurt

I Just Wanna Dance With You

:makeup:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

So did she boot Cinnamon off the record? I saw earlier today she said there were no bops or something?

She said there were no BIG bangers it was just mood music

and Cinnamon is a moody song

I fucking love you babe and I'm so pissed no one else realizes the bitch screaming about taxis ain't cute. The song literally sounds like three chorus

Happiness is a butterfly

Like what does you becoming happy have to do with your serial killer boyfriend and what does your booty call sending u home early in a taxi have to do with your serial killer boyfriend and you wanting to be happy like I swear the song concept is a fucking mess.

She should just cut em up into three choruses, write verses for them all and have three songs.

Happiness Is A Butterfly

I'm Already Hurt

You probably don't appreciate the juxtaposition betweent FMWUTTT and Old Money either.

Party pooper

lmfao wasn't Lana's last "banger" the demo of Hit It & Run?

im jk but when I hear the word banger, I think of a song like that

negAbhB.png

You probably don't appreciate the juxtaposition betweent FMWUTTT and Old Money either.

Party pooper

I do because they make sense as song concepts and are next to eachother, they're not a song full of random fucking lyrics because miss Banana del rey didn't wanna waste an instrumental so she rewrote her tour lyff song. You can lie to yourself and say it's beautiful or wtv, but she's fucking messy as hell and makes no sense lyrically, so if you're just listening to it for the melody, then I guess it's good!

Happiness is a butterfly

Happiness Is A Butterfly

I'm Already Hurt

Well if she scraps the song you gave her the perfect reasons why

I despise HIAB lyrics but the sound of the actual song is cute.

Thats what I'm saying!!! She's a cute song melody wise, but the lyrics aren't anything to write home about

Well if she scraps the song you gave her the perfect reasons why

I mean if she wrote three new songs and scrapped what we have now I wouldn't be mad!

Happiness is a butterfly could actually be about happiness

He's Already Hurt could be about a toxic relationship with a guy she knows is no good and yet she doesn't care

And I Just Wanna Dance With You could be a song about her finding meaning even in the little moments she has with people, and honouring all walks of love even if they're short

I'd rather that then a random song about butterflies, serial killers and Taxis lmao but everyones gonna roast me for going against Madame Lana Del Rey

she should just do that top 25 unreleased album while we wait for NFR

i have a big feeling she's doing that after NFR... don't think we will get the next record for another 2-3 years honestly

she should just do that top 25 unreleased album while we wait for NFR

My biggest dream is for her to do an unreleased song album. Instead of Lana Del Rey AKA Lizzie Grant, it could be called the reverse Lizzie Grant AKA Lana Del Rey. Dye her hair blonde and walk around Colony Island eating snow cones ...Nostalgic and ICONIC.

i have a big feeling she's doing that after NFR... don't think we will get the next record for another 2-3 years honestly

I think her next will be fall/winter 2020. She spaces her albums 15-18 months out for the most part, or at least she says she likes to do it around that time frame so. She’ll probably start working on the next one now or soon, she did that after she finished UV & HM both

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She's done folk, rock, pop, hip-hop, trap, can she now explore jazz a bit more on her next album? Her jazziest track is TLY and I need more songs like that. Or even if it's just an EP like Paradise. But she has to do that someday. Her voice fits so well to jazz.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I actually like the "dont be a jerk dont call me a taxi" part. Her vocals are so raw and angsty, its great

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I actually like the "dont be a jerk dont call me a taxi" part. Her vocals are so raw and angsty, its great

Yesssss it's like that off scent part of a cologne or perfume that u can't help to like, beautifully bitter and (hopefully) w a great purpose

I just think it'd work better as its own song, cause for now, HIAB sounds like three potential choruses Lana wanted to use that she reworked into one song. Don't get me wrong I love songs that destroy the concept of modern day song structure, but I just don't like that they feel so detached from eachother. I'd much rather her make them into their own songs. :what:

I actually like how the lyrics of Happiness Is A Butterfly seem almost stream of consciousness. The stream of consciousness style was used by Sylvia Plath among other people so in my opinion it would make sense if that was Lana's intention. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD