Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I admit the visuals really do enhance the era but the way some of you are acting is as if you don't enjoy the music itself.

So far we have 3 legendary singles including her BEST song yet.

I will not tolerate the slander! Imagine if she read the entitled posts here.. slightly disrespectful in my opinion.

Didnt you complain about lfl lmao? Of course we're entitled we buy her music lmao it doesn't mean she has to listen. 

What's disrespectful is her lack of care for giving her fans a simple release date over twitter instead of this mess like lfls release date changes. 

I just think it'd work better as its own song, cause for now, HIAB sounds like three potential choruses Lana wanted to use that she reworked into one song. Don't get me wrong I love songs that destroy the concept of modern day song structure, but I just don't like that they feel so detached from eachother. I'd much rather her make them into their own songs. :what:

I get what ur saying to an extent yeah, but I think the only part that we got so far that seems a bit disconnected is the first snippets she gave us: HiaB, try to catch it like every night. 

The serial killer part and don't call me a cab taxi part seem musically similar and already blend pretty well. I think it just might be a matter of configuring the song w everything else. Lust for Life was a pretty disconnected sounding song, w different sounds and cadences and reaches, but it ended up sounding pretty great together. It could mean an opportunity for the song's production to shine even. Someone mentioned the whole stream of thought/consciousness part and that might just be it too 

Valid point tho, but at this moment, I just wish she released the track soon already for us to appropriately size it up if anything. 

edit: Imagine another song to it tho, like an interlude or reprise. 

I mean IYC is pretty amazing already, and compliments it vibe and sound wise, but imagine?? 

UV/Honeymoon

So do you guys think she'll end this album with a cover? I mean, I know she broke with that tradition with LFL, but maybe that was a one time thing?

So do you guys think she'll end this album with a cover? I mean, I know she broke with that tradition with LFL, but maybe that was a one time thing?

I don't think there'll be a cover. It feels like this album is much more compact and organic, like all the original stuff she did with Jack put together.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I hope there won’t be a cover because she’s teased to many songs already so I want the remaining tracks of the track list to be something completely new. But she also said this was a very personal album, and I guess one could argue that Lana singing a cover of a song she loves and means a lot to her could be personal, but her lyrics this time feel like they have evolved and become better so I think she can tell her thoughts and mood by herself now.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think her next will be fall/winter 2020. She spaces her albums 15-18 months out for the most part, or at least she says she likes to do it around that time frame so. She’ll probably start working on the next one now or soon, she did that after she finished UV & HM both

Possible. But didn’t she say she was working on a musical with Rick? That could take a while...

She's done folk, rock, pop, hip-hop, trap, can she now explore jazz a bit more on her next album? Her jazziest track is TLY and I need more songs like that. Or even if it's just an EP like Paradise. But she has to do that someday. Her voice fits so well to jazz.

the end of HM (the song) is a bit jazzy also. I think she had TLY and HM in mind when she said the album was jazz.

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gonna open up another subtopic here but yeah does anyone else get reminded of Video Games when listening to HiaB? I mean obviously Video Games will forever be one of the most beautiful tracks she's ever made, but the intimacy behind it. 

Born to Die was about her reminiscing, so you've got tracks of her past, as if she were talking to them. It seems fresh Paradise is when she gets the saddest imo, UV is when she's talking at her detractors, and HM more towards herself. Lfl is a message to her fans, an album or her fans. NFR seems to have that whole romantic, intimate vibe we haven't gotten. Even in most tracks u can tell she's still distant from who she's singing about, and w the current music we've gotten and are about to get, it seems a lot closer, warmer. 

I for one would love if she did another Nina cover. The other woman STILL goes SO HARD! Ugh

I get what u mean, but ever since Lfl not having a cover, and how she's coming out of her own world thru the previous album, she seems a lot more confident in herself as an artist. Not to say she's never known who she was, but in a different way as to being more established. I'd be surprised if she did end things w another cover. Not to say I didn't like them tho. 

Does anyone know when she got her Nina Billie tattoos? Like which era? 

UV/Honeymoon

Watch the additional two tracks be SFBSH and Hey Blue Baby :eartha2:

There's nothing from with these two songs. Girl, I love you, but...

EDIT: How can any of you say that these two songs don't fit the album? Based on what? And yes, I'd rather have these two on the album than HIADT thing because both are better than that.

Waiting for explanation.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

can she just say something about the release? like just give me a purpose for waiting :toofunny:

A rumour is flying on a FB Lana group that we’ll get the album cover next week. Their source is Indie Mundo, a music blog (I know, it’s sketchy). However, they were the first to announce that NFR would have 13 tracks. So let’s take this with a grain of salt, but we now know it’s gonna be a minimal release, and the lead and album cover are soon to be expected.

A rumour is flying on a FB Lana group that we’ll get the album cover next week. Their source is Indie Mundo, a music blog (I know, it’s sketchy). However, they were the first to announce that NFR would have 13 tracks. So let’s take this with a grain of salt, but we now know it’s gonna be a minimal release, and the lead and album cover are soon to be expected.

:lolliney:

Omg not this discussion again

FzytWEW.png