Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

at least Lana doesn't take 4 year breaks between albums yet

But Marina knows how to announce her new work and what to expect. If Lana took that long of a break, I wouldn't care either. It only bothers me when artists make false promises (*cough* Sky Ferreira - not saying Lana is acting like her, but just using Sky as an example). I think if Lana was a bit less vague and at least gave some effort like she did for Honeymoon, which wasn't so bad, then I think we'd be less impatient/upset.

“I am drinking so much wheat grass, wearing so much neon, going to so many spin classes that it's ridiculous. I'm just not posting any of it like I said I would. So, yes, I am living the secret life of an Instagram baddie quietly in L.A”

Someone please tell her to move back to NY :usrsney: :usrsney: :usrsney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

"For that reason, I'm really lucky I still get to make music and see what comes to me, and exercise that little channeling ability where I'm trying to grab these more serial, beautiful melodies out of the ether and get them onto a record. I've loved to do that since I was 16. It's cool that I still get to do that."

:krylie:  :krylie:

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

It would be cool if she has a track called "Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass"

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It still says march in one of the articles I read --- how can that be true without any info? Is she just going to drop it?

Also, she tends to release records around summer - either just before, during, or just after.

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

100% with you on that, I couldn't have said it better myself. But being burnt out isn't the same as being lazy. Maybe she's just depressed, trying to find herself, or whatever. Maybe the idleness and confusion that have so far characterized the NFR era are a reflection of what's going on inside her head. It's incredibly draining to have to put on a whole ass show when you feel like falling apart. Having to act like a goddamn circus monkey and entertain people when just existing feels exhausting. I don't know, maybe I'm projecting, but I think Sylvia/Hope does back up what I'm saying here. I've gone through periods in the past where I'd just sit at home and drink all day and not do shit, but I'd also somehow manage to make 10 songs a day. You can make music regardless of the state you're in, but promoting it is a whole different story. Photoshoots, video shoots, interviews, shows, events, etc sound like a nightmare to someone who struggles to find the motivation to get out of bed in the morning. Just my 2 cents.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

It still says march in one of the articles I read --- how can that be true without any info? Is she just going to drop it?

Also, she tends to release records around summer - either just before, during, or just after.

It's not unprecedented. We only knew Honeymoon's release date about a month before release. She still has like two and a half weeks to announce it if the album truly does drop in March.

“I am drinking so much wheat grass, wearing so much neon, going to so many spin classes that it's ridiculous. I'm just not posting any of it like I said I would. So, yes, I am living the secret life of an Instagram baddie quietly in L.A”

Someone please tell her to move back to NY :usrsney: :usrsney: :usrsney:

Lmao I know I was cringing so hard reading that. I'm glad she's happy and thriving in her thirties tho. Also, I'm not a fan of Britney gifs bu this one is fucking gold =))))

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

It's not unprecedented. We only knew Honeymoon's release date about a month before release. She still has like two and a half weeks to announce it if the album truly does drop in March.

So we got two new interviews this week...

The lead should be near, with a release date. 

Can u imagine a song titled her poetry book, (violet BBOTG) and its like 10 mins long and its just an electric guitar masterpiece of her screaming and crying in pain while she robotically recites bits of her poems in the background of the track, it would sound so cool and so authentic... omg my mind

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e