Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I conpletely agree with this. This album has the potential to be critically acclaimed and receive multiple nominations. It’s personal and unique and the flare from the recent singles prove that it’s such an authentic, raw album. But Lana decides to put this album in the shadows and maybe she feels it’s too personal? to make it a “big” album with promotion and high budget videos but come on. Pride should be put into the work that you do. she’s just selling herself short.

I mean, if that's the reason why she doesn't promote, I woudn't be surprised. I know it's been said a million times here, but after all that backlash BTD received, of course she would go more lowkey. And although people may kiss her feet now and she may have done some promo in the LFL era, I guess we would still need to be more understanding of her as person.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I really hope after this album campaign is over(as in dropping the album and releasing one video with a tweet) she concentrates on her personal life so she can be more definitive and comprehensive with her work with an actualised vision or concept for visuals and the songs themselves.

Because she seems to have a big lack of passion for the music industry rn but who knows..

A part of me does also think though that these bi yearly releases are a way to make sure her fan base doesn't go astray or forget about her in the vein of someone like a Dido or even what I can see happening to Lorde tbh..

I really hope after this album campaign is over(as in dropping the album and releasing one video with a tweet) she concentrates on her personal life so she can be more definitive and comprehensive with her work with an actualised vision or concept for visuals and the songs themselves.Because she seems to have a big lack of passion for the music industry rn but who knows.. A part of me does also think though that these bi yearly releases are a way to make sure her fan base doesn't go astray or forget about her in the vein of someone like a Dido or even what I can see happening to Lorde tbh..

oh Lana sweetie if you feel this way then please take a much needed break. I wouldn’t be mad at all if she took a 2-3 year break from music. I honestly feel like we’ve been spoiled with MUSIC releases from her ( not spoiled in recently ). LFL had custom merch, world tour, pop up shops, big budget videos. and then a year and a half later to release a whole new project? she’s done her work. I hope she finds a break soon and comes back fresh. If she’s tired then she needs to stop. I rather her stop then give us half assed work

giphy.gif

Ignore anyone that says she needs a break from music. Why would you think this? I love her music too much to need a break from it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why you people think she is tired of music or anything

When it comes to her that is not true

she is not tired of music, or poetry or whatever she does creatively

she just does not feel the need to share it anymore it seems

but she surely already has another album almost done (in her head) and posibly with some priests from church basement sessions

oh Lana sweetie if you feel this way then please take a much needed break. I wouldn’t be mad at all if she took a 2-3 year break from music. I honestly feel like we’ve been spoiled with MUSIC releases from her ( not spoiled in recently ). LFL had custom merch, world tour, pop up shops, big budget videos. and then a year and a half later to release a whole new project? she’s done her work. I hope she finds a break soon and comes back fresh. If she’s tired then she needs to stop. I rather her stop then give us half assed work

Even though lana clearly doesn't care about commercial success I do believe that she knows that in the age of streaming you have to strike while the iron is hot or risk being thrown away forever like what's happening to Katy Perry/most people who debuted in or near 2010 and is trying her best to not be put in that bracket(I mean if you think about it there's not many other artists who have debuted in this decade who I think are going to serve longevity except maybe her).

Why you people think she is tired of music or anything

When it comes to her that is not true

she is not tired of music, or poetry or whatever she does creatively

she just does not feel the need to share it anymore it seems

but she surely already has another album almost done (in her head) and posibly with some priests from church basement sessions

because the quality of her projects have gone down in all aspects since after honeymoon...

I've seen this on Twitter, what's the source?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a26206365/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview/

LDR: I am excited about this album. I finished it for the most part at the beginning of January, and I think it's a little bit different from maybe the last two records in the way that I just don't really have a plan for it. It sort of came about because I met Jack Antonoff last year up at the Clive Davis party before the Grammys and he said that we should get in the studio, and I told him I only had a few songs that I had already written.

One thing I like about it is it has a really organic, I don't want to say an acoustic feel, but it has a kind of old L.A.—a little bit of, I don't want to say rock, but some of those rock undertones on the last songs on the record. It's like a mood album. There's not really any big bangers on it, it's just day-in-the-life mood music, which is some of my favorite stuff to drive to and listen to. :flutter: :flutter:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a26206365/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview/LDR: I am excited about this album. I finished it for the most part at the beginning of January, and I think it's a little bit different from maybe the last two records in the way that I just don't really have a plan for it. It sort of came about because I met Jack Antonoff last year up at the Clive Davis party before the Grammys and he said that we should get in the studio, and I told him I only had a few songs that I had already written.

Keywords. :candy:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She had done more interviews yet to come

I actually tried to do all my interviews before I released it, so that I wouldn't talk about it, because it's just one of those songs that is really personal to me for a lot of different reasons and that's often how my music is. :hdu:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

because the quality of her projects have gone down in all aspects since after honeymoon...

that does NOT mean she is tired of music

just that her music is worse ... though I would not agree with your view, but...