Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So the last two interviews are probably from this week, but where the fuck are the other interviews she did before Hope...? She better not mean the interviews she did in September for MAC and VB...

More interesting parts from that Harper’s article:

The follow-up to 2017’s Lust for Life is a “mood album” and “there aren’t any big bangers on it,” she tells BAZAAR.com, but perhaps we’ll leave the latter for her fans to decide.

If we hadn't sat down, I don't know if I would have planned to make an entire 13-track record. One thing I like about it is it has a really organic, I don't want to say an acoustic feel, but it has a kind of old L.A.—a little bit of, I don't want to say rock, but some of those rock undertones on the last songs on the record. It's like a mood album. There's not really any big bangers on it, it's just day-in-the-life mood music, which is some of my favorite stuff to drive to and listen to.

Actually the three singles—that, "Venice Bitch," and "Mariner's Apartment Complex"—I just kind of put them out because they were my most personal and I liked them the most. I said to the label, "That's my plan. I'm just putting out the stuff that's 11 minutes and that I want to put out." They were kind of like, "Okay, great."

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Interesting how Lana says she finished the album in early January but when she livestreamed in December she told us it was already finished. I don't know if she lied so we shut the fuck up or she's really bad at remembering dates (probably both)

Interesting how Lana says she finished the album in early January but when she livestreamed in December she told us it was already finished. I don't know if she lied so we shut the fuck up or she's really bad at remembering dates (probably both)

probably added stuff to a track

I want a tracklist... I mean, if she doesn’t have a plan she can release the tracklist any day

But thinking about it... I guess with “didn’t have a plan” she meant she didn’t have a plan for the sound direction of the record

YAS GURL living her best life, taking spinning classes in like 80’s neon fashion and drinking healthy stuff, I’m glad for her! And now with these two new interviews, I really think (or hope lol) that we’ll get more album news soon!! :woot: WE ARE GETTING CLOSER! :icant:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Jesus, I logged in just to say *fuck me up*. This is amazing. 

Ahh thank you :trisha:

--

YALL IF THERE'S 13 TRACKS, WHAT IF SHE DECIDED TO ADD STUPID FOR BEING SO HAPPY AND HEY BABY BLUE????

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’M SO EXCITED GUYS OMGGGGG I’M SO HERE FOR A MOOD ALBUM OMGOMGOMOMG I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE COVER ART AND TRACKLIST AND GET TO HOLD A COPY IN MY HANDS AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH :omg: :trisha: :crying:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Would she consider Cinnamon a banger? Or mood music?

Probably mood music. Personally I think it's a banger but it does sound pretty melancholic, but in a more fun way.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven