Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What's the point of great music if she just ignores it's existence. 

I mean... I won't ignore its existence... I dunno, I agree that it's frustrating but I don't demand her to go all BTD again. Maybe she'll do more promo next time? I'm just glad for getting new songs to be honest. I play the songs more often than her videos.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Marina is out scalping us while Lana is in church basements with tacky Fyre festival celebrities.

at least Lana doesn't take 4 year breaks between albums yet

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I doubt this but what if lana is “potentially” releasing on Billies day to prove that the music speaks for itself, thinking that she will top billie

Enya famously released her most recent album the same day as Adele's 25; I doubt Enya expected to be number 1 on that day (although she was #8). With LDR / Eilish it would be a much closer call to be sure; however ...

#fresh_outta_fucks_forever

Also releasing on 3/29 (if LDR does it) could mean she's done stuff on the album that interscope didn't like (but I probably will), and so the label is punishing LDR for it (i.e., sales for both are probably going to be the same in the long run, anyway). Poor Billie is just caught in the middle (and probably still likes LDR). Fan fiction, ain't it great?

Enya famously released her most recent album the same day as Adele's 25; I doubt Enya expected to be number 1 on that day (although she was #8). With LDR / Eilish it would be a much closer call to be sure; however ...

#fresh_outta_fucks_forever

Also releasing on 3/29 (if LDR does it) could mean she's done stuff on the album that interscope didn't like (but I probably will), and so the label is punishing LDR for it (i.e., sales for both are probably going to be the same in the long run, anyway). Poor Billie is just caught in the middle (and probably still likes LDR). Fan fiction, ain't it great?

Billie was bopping on OTTR two weeks ago, I don't get why she wouldn't like Lana anymore so suddenly. Maybe Interscope didn't let Billie choose the release date of her album and they forced her to put it out the same day as Lana's, which got her angry

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

I conpletely agree with this. This album has the potential to be critically acclaimed and receive multiple nominations. It’s personal and unique and the flare from the recent singles prove that it’s such an authentic, raw album. But Lana decides to put this album in the shadows and maybe she feels it’s too personal? to make it a “big” album with promotion and high budget videos but come on. Pride should be put into the work that you do. she’s just selling herself short.

giphy.gif

Billie put OTTR on a list of songs that were most influential to her, this feud has no basis in reality. she also unfollows people so she can keep her 666 following ratio. imagine a believing in beef between a 16 year old and a 33 year old woman

Someone already responded to my post saying the same thing, so what exactly was your point with this?

my point was to post what i had to say

i don’t have the time to sit and read every single post in this damn thread anyway because 99% of it is meaningless chat

move on sis

Got bored again so I made these NFR cover concepts from the Gucci campaign. Kinda gives me Summertime Sadness vibes.

Color:

uRDRk6e.jpg

Black and white:

tKuahu2.jpg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

THIS!!! She's putting less than bare minimum effort in this era because she just doesn't want to... she doesn't even seem to like the music as much

I mean... I won't ignore its existence... I dunno, I agree that it's frustrating but I don't demand her to go all BTD again. Maybe she'll do more promo next time? I'm just glad for getting new songs to be honest. I play the songs more often than her videos.

I don't want her to release any albums if she's not gonna tour or make videos for them lmfao.

Got bored again so I made these NFR cover concepts from the Gucci campaign. Kinda gives me Summertime Sadness vibes.

Color:

uRDRk6e.jpg

Why does she look like a superhero in this? :trisha:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Why does she look like a superhero in this? :trisha:

she's getting ready to run over the entire Hillsong church in her superhero speed car :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Well she is either totally brainwashed in that church and thinks of music as something bad...

Hello Bitch word and fuck and similar...

or she just forgot she recorded and finished an album some months ago

either way, as someone said...she is fucking lazy

and possibly brainwashed

you guys need to stop making up excuses about how this is supposed to be "an organic, minimalism, chill, vegan, homemade, self love, self care, anti capitalism era" like no..she's just lazy plain and simple, she needs to take a break it just seems like she's burnt out in my opinion and can't muster the effort to promote or even give the era VISUALS, I'm sorry but every era deserves to have a strong visual foreground. This Lana Del Rey we're talking about, Honeymoon was "lowkey chill" era but the visuals were really strong and completely embodied the music. NFR deserves better, this could be one of Lana's most unique projects if she were willing to put the effort in. There's no excuse to recycle and cut up 1 shitty video filmed by chuck on a iphone and make it the representation of 3 songs... I just don't understand what she's doing.

Indeed. Do we even require that much? I mean she's out of her home only for circa 30 days of the year and she can't even make a proper video or step her foot out of LA to promote some stuff. She seems bored with everything she does and  maybe she should focus on something else for a while bc I'm getting tired of her laziness and lack of effort. 

giphy.gif