Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Should we all just tweet Lana and ask when it's coming? I don't think she'll say anything unless we bug her a bit

It will be a good plan but im 100% sure lanaboards will sleep on the idea and just let it flop

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

wait what gives the people this interview is really even that old? wasn’t she announced as the face for the new Gucci campaign just in January?

No, a few months before that I think

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

wait what gives the people this interview is really even that old? wasn’t she announced as the face for the new Gucci campaign just in January?

No. We’ve been waiting for three months for the campaing to be launched. At least I think that.

giphy.gif

We knew she was doing Gucci last year and I'm sure the commercial etc was shot pretty early last year (if not end of 2017? could be wrong)… so I imagine this interview could've been done December or January and they would've added in extra details like Hope etc.

Ok so the site obviously had the interview for a while now...but instead of making it public at that time when all the other site publications were claiming a March release, they made it public now, in February and March is literally around the corner. Something tells me they could've edited out the March part if Lana's schedule was modified, but this gives me the impression that the release schedule hasn't really changed much.

Also, LFL was the most last-minute decision ever, I bet all those magazines felt like shit lmao

We knew she was doing Gucci last year and I'm sure the commercial etc was shot pretty early last year (if not end of 2017? could be wrong)… so I imagine this interview could've been done December or January and they would've added in extra details like Hope etc.

Exactly, she literally mentions HIADT in the interview as an already released track, so the interview is recent

...so disregard what I said above, that the interview is older, the interview is definetly recent

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Billboard and a few other credible sources even said the album is coming in March. They aren't allowed to post those kinds of things without information from the artist/record label.

i swear at least like 7 different places reported the may date for LFL before lana announced july

the interview stating the release date is march ≠ the interviewer asking about the date

seriously yall need to learn to not trust everything you hear unless it comes from lana herself

I’ve read it quickly at the gym, so I could be wrong, but it doesn’t seem like an old interview, especially the par where she got asked about hope. Unless the reporter was incredibly lucky to ask about that theme when she had a song about it to be released, it seems he had heard the song. But hey, we’ll know soon enough? At some point? At least we know what her strategy is with NFR: to go minimalist and let the music speak for itself.

i swear at least like 7 different places reported the may date for LFL before lana announced july

Yeah because that was the original release date planned for the album... Like how many times ahah. Lust For Life was supposed to come out in May but then Lana decided to add more songs and collaborations (as confirmed by her team at the time - that the album would be out later). Then they announced July 21st.

So, all these articles reporting March 29th isn't a coincidence (and I doubt they'd all use it if was just rumoured)... It's likely that that was the original release date first announced by her team. However obviously Billie is releasing that date so it won't be March 29th. This latest interview does suggest though the album is coming next month...

She literally said that she's promoting this one differently and that she just wants to put it out as soon as its finished (which it was last month if not earlier) - I don't think she'll be releasing this in late spring or early summer.

Let's all hope Lana puts NFR out one week before Billie's alboom

It seems likely, I said March 22nd a few posts back... she has a show that day so I imagine new material will be performed.

Perhaps they swapped Lana and Billie? Maybe there's more competition in early March and with this being Billie's debut they want it to go #1... They know Lana has had number 1 albums and would seem more of a threat on the charts than a debut. Just a theory.

So like Lust For Life, I imagine we'll get another single and preorder a week to 10 days before the release... So either end of this month or start of March depending on the official date.

Yeah because that was the original release date planned for the album... Like how many times ahah. Lust For Life was supposed to come out in May but then Lana decided to add more songs and collaborations (as confirmed by her team at the time - that the album would be out later). Then they announced July 21st.

So, all these articles reporting March 29th isn't a coincidence (and I doubt they'd all use it if was just rumoured)... It's likely that that was the original release date first announced by her team. However obviously Billie is releasing that date so it won't be March 29th. This latest interview does suggest though the album is coming next month...

She literally said that she's promoting this one differently and that she just wants to put it out as soon as its finished (which it was last month if not earlier) - I don't think she'll be releasing this in late spring or early summer.

May all the gay gods hear you. 

after having read that interview a second time: it is recent
«I was actually pretty thrilled at some of the melodies that were coming through as I was writing and just the sexy and cool all natural vibe that was shaping up within the record as I was finishing it – you always hope a low-key record feels organic and for me this one really does.»

​doesn't mean that it confirms March 29 (plans could have changed), but that interview didn't happen this fall. 

It seems likely, I said March 22nd a few posts back... she has a show that day so I imagine new material will be performed.

Perhaps they swapped Lana and Billie? Maybe there's more competition in early March and with this being Billie's debut they want it to go #1... They know Lana has had number 1 albums and would seem more of a threat on the charts than a debut. Just a theory.

So like Lust For Life, I imagine we'll get another single and preorder a week to 10 days before the release... So either end of this month or start of March depending on the official date.

Like I said before, I feel the lead single will be out with a video, along with the cover art and preorder.  and an official release date. 

If NFR happens in March, then the whole thing is coming out really soon (and honestly, she doesn't need to have a 2 or 3-month period between the lead single and the album: everybody knows what her work with Jack sounds like with the 3 songs out, and it's not as if she hopes for a number 1 hit on the radio (her management confirmed she is doing super well on streaming platforms and is pretty much her niche). 

Like I said before, I feel the lead single will be out with a video, along with the cover art and preorder.  and an official release date. 

If NFR happens in March, then the whole thing is coming out really soon (and honestly, she doesn't need to have a 2 or 3-month period between the lead single and the album: everybody knows what her work with Jack sounds like with the 3 songs out, and it's not as if she hopes for a number 1 hit on the radio (her management confirmed she is doing super well on streaming platforms and is pretty much her niche). 

I do honestly expect HIAB as the lead with that video Chuck shot... I'm not expecting big budget music videos (she kinda confirmed it wasn't happening this era in that interview).

The interview clearly happened in January after HIADT was released. It is recent and features March as the release date. If things were modified in the schedule, the article would've been updated in order to not give misleading information. This proves that in mid-late January, Lana's plans on releasing NFR were still focused on March (maybe the 29th, as multiple credible sources have said) Then again this article doesn't mention a specific date, so maybe Lana had already found out about the Billie date before from Interscope/her management, so she (or more likely her management) informed the interviewers to not put any dates, just the month. And she already has a video for HIAB ready, the album is finished and if we consider March 22nd, plenty of time to release a lead single and a promotional single with the preorder

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

after having read that interview a second time: it is recent: «I was actually pretty thrilled at some of the melodies that were coming through as I was writing and just the sexy and cool all natural vibe that was shaping up within the record as I was finishing it – you always hope a low-key record feels organic and for me this one really does.»

​doesn't mean that it confirms March 29 (plans could have changed), but that interview didn't happen this fall.

Oh good so we have at least confirmation that the interview was at least recent, more recent that Dec 30 bc she said that it was finished then

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole