Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'll repeat it, March 8 would be such a good day to put out the album. Women's day y'all! Girls rule the world.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I cannot put into words how much I adore lana del ray. She’s a talented singer, songwriter, and author. She has overcome so much, and hasn’t let it tear her down. She’s truly an inspiration to me and her story reminds me that no matter how shitty life gets, not matter how hard you hit rock bottom, you will be able to pick yourself up again

oh my god how can u even make this mistake if you're such a big fan?????

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I cannot put into words how much I adore lana del ray. She’s a talented singer, songwriter, and author. She has overcome so much, and hasn’t let it tear her down. She’s truly an inspiration to me and her story reminds me that no matter how shitty life gets, not matter how hard you hit rock bottom, you will be able to pick yourself up again

This is a personal offense

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Some thoughts, and we already know to take this with a grain of salt as w anything else but. Festivals are booked, March 29th supposed date. Few comments on the record via Gucci interview. When do u think we'd get the album trailer, if we're to even get one?? 

Feb 14th would be nice...but maybe too cheesy since it's Valentine's day. Maybe like the last week of February or early March at the latest.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Feb 14th would be nice...but maybe too cheesy since it's Valentine's day. Maybe like the last week of February or early March at the latest.

I know what u mean. Even if she released the Love single heart-shaped vinyl, it wouldn't have been as effective as some would put it.. I guess since we're guessing dates, I think it'd be excellent if she chose Feb 18th for some kind of news, 21st for an album trailer, and a countdown period the first couple of weeks before the supposed 29th of March 

UV/Honeymoon

Some thoughts, and we already know to take this with a grain of salt as w anything else but. Festivals are booked, March 29th supposed date. Few comments on the record via Gucci interview. When do u think we'd get the album trailer, if we're to even get one?? 

I don't expect a trailer this time around. NFR has «minimalistic» written all over it. Besides, what can she serve us? The same footage that she gave us with 2 videos and a possible 3rd one (if HIaB is the lead single)? 

the speculations are coming in, the tension is heating up again, will lana del rey release her long anticipated album normans fucking rock cell in the early month of mid-march? or is it gonna be the late week of the end of march?

we’re about to find out soon :makeup:

i76mrxw.png 

I don't expect a trailer this time around. NFR has «minimalistic» written all over it. Besides, what can she serve us? The same footage that she gave us with 2 videos and a possible 3rd one (if HIaB is the lead single)? 

I was hoping u wouldn't say that. Immediately pulled my attention back to how she just labelled one of her posts Norman Fucking Rockwell after the HiaB video snippet. Is it coming sooner than we think if that's true.. it'd be a good thing if we knew anything concrete. 

I'd actually be legit surprised if she didn't at least post something mediocre in effort really towards the record. The song's have been pretty pensive in meaning so far, even if she still uses playful lyrics, the snippets are all pretty filled w deeper meanings behind them. Minimalistic can just be reflective of the lack of news or updates on the record at this point. I wonder if HtD is gonna get the Antonoff treatment with how he was producing the track during that baseball game livestream 

UV/Honeymoon

I was hoping u wouldn't say that. Immediately pulled my attention back to how she just labelled one of her posts Norman Fucking Rockwell after the HiaB video snippet. Is it coming sooner than we think if that's true.. it'd be a good thing if we knew anything concrete.

I'd actually be legit surprised if she didn't at least post something mediocre in effort really towards the record. The song's have been pretty pensive in meaning so far, even if she still uses playful lyrics, the snippets are all pretty filled w deeper meanings behind them. Minimalistic can just be reflective of the lack of news or updates on the record at this point. I wonder if HtD is gonna get the Antonoff treatment with how he was producing the track during that baseball game livestream

What I mean is that her marketing strategy is minimalist and so are the videos. The music speaks for itself, that’s her point of view I think. I really love the sound of NFR, introspective and chord-driven. The lyrics and melodies are superb.

But she said in that article that each album has some variations when it comes to marketing and release. NFR is the closest we get from a « surprise release ». LFL must have been her « big era », with videos, news, and tour.

I really think this time, she just wanted to make a very personal album, and just share the music with us, but nothing more. No visuals, no interviews, no promo, she just simply shares pieces of her heart by putting out songs like that.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What I mean is that her marketing strategy is minimalist and so are the videos. The music speaks for itself, that’s her point of view I think. I really love the sound of NFR, introspective and chord-driven. The lyrics and melodies are superb.

But she said in that article that each album has some variations when it comes to marketing and release. NFR is the closest we get from a « surprise release ». LFL must have been her « big era », with videos, news, and tour.

This time around I think so too yeah.. she dropped two tracks around Sept last year, whispers hope on her insta link, and now just posts festival pics on it w/out a mere sentence behind them. Gucci's all we got, and none of it seems concrete. Sharing those snippets must've been the mercy we're all still waiting for then  :toofunny:

UV/Honeymoon