Elle

Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre - October 6th, 2019

how.... does she not know the words to her own songs.......... i-

Especially as she writes her own songs, not like she is a rapper who records songs randomly in the moment or even like Adele someone mentioned who I don't think writes songs. No excuse not to listen to songs and prepare well.

I’m so proud of Lana out here introducing Joan Baez to the new generation. I sure hope the audience appreciated being in the presence of THE queen of folk. And it must be so exciting for Lana to get to perform with her heroes. I only wish I could have been there to witness this performance in person.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Is she spending less time meeting fans in first row than she did for LATTM tour? I’m surprised at the lack of fan selfies from her latest shows, especially from the tour lyfe babies who always manage to get one with her.

:lmao:  :lmao:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

How the fuck do you not know the lyrics to your own songs? How embarrassing.  :facepalm:

Mariah and Celine would NEVER. 

giphy.gif

Céline Dion is a professional chanteuse through and through!

Lana can't relate.

“Hello, children,” Baez said by way of a greeting. Judging by the lack of loud applause (it was incredibly loud most of the way through), many didn’t know exactly who Baez was, but it was clear that her guitar-playing ability was appreciated."

How could people not know who Joan is? She's a living legend.  :facepalm: 

Tour lyfe babies  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:

For the moment everything takes a back seat to this. Joan Baez? WOW JUST WOW. I feel lucky to have seen Adam and Sean but this is quite amazing. Thank you Joan for agreeing to this.

Lana on the other hand. Please full sets, 90 minutes minimum. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse! Say goodbye at the end of the show. Wave to everyone there, front back side. Stand there and let your fans love you. It's part of the deal.

Is she spending less time meeting fans in first row than she did for LATTM tour? I’m surprised at the lack of fan selfies from her latest shows, especially from the tour lyfe babies who always manage to get one with her.

She is. At Jones beach at least she was only down there for a few minutes, at LATTM it was like the last 10

minutes of the show

So let me get this straight:

1. She can't perform for more than an hour and fifteen minutes at most (and that's when she feels like performing for more than an hour and not cutting down on show time).

2. She literally shows up late to each and every concert.

3. Has an eponymously named tour, and performs like 5 songs at most from the album. But decides to recycle the same setlist from her past three "tours". Instead of singing new songs, she does covers and brings people on stage to take the attention away from her (which I'm not actually complaining about she actually brought (or will bring) Legends on stage with her! But it actually cuts down on show time, which could be use to perform newer songs).

4. Either does small acapella versions of the other songs from the album and/or relies on fans to remember the lyrics and has this "fuck it" attitude when they don't seem to remember them, nor does she seem to remember her own lyrics herself... 

5. Shows up on stage with the ugliest, most grandma-ish, Little House On The Prairie meets The Handmaid's Tale clothes she can find (her style on stage is debatable though)

6. Seems to be flustered or annoyed to be on stage. #vapegate

7. Not always on top of her game as far as vocals go. Also, doesn't she seem to care for hitting notes and relies heavily on the ever loud backtrack or her tour lyfe babiesTM to take over.

8. Seemingly only interacts with the same five stans that literally attend every single one of her shows (that's on her, but it sucks for people who are looking forward to that one interaction with her for the first time (and also probably the only chance they got too)).

9. Ridiculous price tags for her ugliest, most lackluster merch to date (literally stuck a "Venice Bitch" patch on a Dickies jacket, tagged it 150$ and called it a day   :rip: )

What a time to be alive and be a Lana stan.  :rip:

She never was the most amazing live act, but there was somewhat an attention to detail, or she actually seemed to enjoy performing for her fans. But it's all gone downhill... wow.

For the moment everything takes a back seat to this. Joan Baez? WOW JUST WOW. I feel lucky to have seen Adam and Sean but this is quite amazing. Thank you Joan for agreeing to this.

I’m in total awe this even happened. I wonder what other surprises she has for us. It’d be cool if she got like David Crosby or Brian Wilson for a performance. I hope more of her inspirations agree to perform with her, not just on this tour, but throughout the rest of her career too. It must be a magical feeling to sing with someone you grew up listening to.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

5. Shows up on stage with the ugliest/most grandma-ish/Little House On The Prairie meets The Handmaid's Tale clothes she can find (her style on stage is debatable though)

7. Not always on top of her game as far as vocals go. Also, doesn't she seem to care for hitting notes and relies heavily on the ever loud backtrack or her tour lyfe babiesTM to take over.

:lmao:   :lmao: :lmao:   :lmao: too good. 

maybe i’m biased because i throw a hawaiian shirt over everything, but i feel like with the beachy vibe of nfr she could start wearing outfits like hawaiian shirts with jean shorts or hawaiian shirts over simple white/black dresses. super low effort but it fits her new music better than her current obsession with grandma dresses

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love