ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

Usually, Lana's albums get their final score on metacritic after about 30 critics. The number can change depending on how much the respective album makes waves in the music world. Honeymoon's score settled based on 29 critics, while BTD UV and LFL all had over 30 critics. So I'm guessing there are still at least like 7-10 reviews that should come. It's possible that no other publication will review NFR and we're stable at 87 but I doubt it, there are still some reviews coming I think

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

We're problably still getting reviews from: PopMatters, The New York Times (don't know why they're taking so long?), Spin, Exclaim, and maybe No Ripcord? Don't know if Drowned In Sound still counts for MC but they will probably still do a review too. Some publications post their reviews weeks after the actual release :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

We're problably still getting reviews from: PopMatters, The New York Times (don't know why they're taking so long?), Spin, Exclaim, and maybe No Ripcord? Don't know if Drowned In Sound still counts for MC but they will probably still do a review too. Some publications post their reviews weeks after the actual release :rip:

Drowned in Sound hasn't reviewed since April.

We should get Pop Matters, the 405, NYT, Spin, Explain, No Ripcord, Paste, maybe Quietus, Austin Chronicle, Q Magazine (when the new issue is out), MusicOMH, Under the Radar, maybe Tiny Mix Tapes. Boston Globe hasn't reviewed since UV

Drowned in sound counts.

Also, excuse my last post, I don't know what memory I had in my head, Honeymoon's score was settled after 31 critics and LFL after 26 critics. I messed up :toofunny:

So in that case, I'm guessing there are not that much reviews coming? Probably the ones you just mentioned and maybe 2 or 3 more

Drowned in Sound hasn't reviewed since April.

Oh lmao well

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I just like....

I’m so proud to see it. A 9.4 on pitchfork almost means more than a metascore tbh. The highest since Joanna Newsoms Ys (an amazing album you all should listen to if you haven’t). This is putting her in legend status not only for fans but in the music community, it’s important, it’s groundbreaking, the legend jumped out. We all have amazing taste. Bless us all.

h4raSBS.png

this growth is so crazy & I can't decide if its Lana's growth or people growing to realize how great Lana is or a mix of both

Born To Die and Paradise deserve a 70+ at the very least. We all know the mixed or even negative reviews they got were not based on the actual music, but merely on Lana's supposed "fake persona" and the fact that she was seen as an "industry puppet" back then. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif