Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

BTD aged like wine, and though I cannot deny the impact that it had, it wasn't THAT good. It was surely something new and fresh back then, but looking at it now, it feels so overproduced compared to UV and HM. But again, I cannot deny the fact that it's iconic. I too find it iconic. It's just simply not the best thing she's done and Paradise is the worst.

And Emile Haynie is such an amazing producer. Wait For Life is one of the weirdest and yet most ethereal tracks Lana has ever sung on. He also worked with Lykke Li, he does nice things with her too.

I have not really listened to 'so sad so sexy to be honest' honest with you, but their song 'Come Find Me' is a jewel, such a great track.

the fact the insufferable soul with self inflicted hearing damage and the random nerd talking with his hands gif is back and using it again is the final straw in what drives me to shooting myself in the stomach repeatedly

Doin Time was my most played. I don’t even consider it top 3 of NFR so idek how that happened...

our minds

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

doin time was my third most played song this year..... it really shaped me as a person

it was my 5th, pl*cebo and fiona apple held it down but it edged its way in there  :hooker:  

it's just the way i feel

I think DT is so high on so many people's lists because it was the first song we got in like 5 fucking months from her so we all went crazy streaming it.  

Not that it's a bad song, but yeah. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

venice bitch my most played song on spotify this year, mariners being second (these songs literally saved me)

tenor.gif

That is called TASTE

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just realised I said BTD aged like wine when I meant like milk, my previous post doesn't mean anything lol

No, you were right the first time. Aged like wine.

Two words: still charting.

Let's see if your beloved NFR is still charting in um ... 2027.

No, you were right the first time. Aged like wine.

Two words: still charting.

Let's see if your beloved NFR is still charting in um ... 2027.

That's not because something is charting that it is necessarily good... most of the songs or albums charting nowadays are bad af. I will repeat myself, BTD is iconic, but it does not mean it's amazing. Iconic or impacful does not equal to great. BTD is so overproduced that Lana herself never liked the final production of some of the songs, and made many demos for others, probably because she wasn't satisfied with the production either

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

That's not because something is charting that it is necessarily good... most of the songs or albums charting nowadays are bad af. I will repeat myself, BTD is iconic, but it does not mean it's amazing. Iconic or impacful does not equal to great. BTD is so overproduced that Lana herself never liked the final production of some of the songs, and made many demos for others, probably because she wasn't satisfied with the production either

Yes, but most of the songs/albums charting atm have not been charting for 8 years, and saying it "aged like milk" when it's charted for so long is just laughable. It's obviously aged very well, because 8 years. 

Considering that it was her breakthrough album, I'm not surprised she wasn't 100% satisfied with it. I'm sure she saw it as a starting point from which to build from.

I mean - you think NFR is great (don't you?) but not BTD? Each to their own, but :awk:

Spotify wrapped list:

1. Venice Bitch (2nd year in a row)

2. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it

3. Doin’ Time

4. Mariners Apartment Complex

Weirdly the 5th song is BIOYL by Charli, which I haven’t really listened to that much since it came out. It rlly had the new single effect on me where I play it over and over again.

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

Spotify wrapped list:

1. Venice Bitch (2nd year in a row)

2. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it

3. Doin’ Time

4. Mariners Apartment Complex

Weirdly the 5th song is BIOYL by Charli, which I haven’t really listened to that much since it came out. It rlly had the new single effect on me where I play it over and over again.

First one for me is Hope and second one is NFR. The other ones are from other artists

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

As one member already noted earlier in this thread, it's not Jared who they find here (being all ''pissy'') each time they log in.
On the contrary, they find the same 3 people (mostly Honeymoon stans) circle jerking each other and posting the same repetitive garbage about the NFR and its producer, Jack Antonoff, that they posted each and every day since the August (a reminder that it's almost Christmas now!) Idk, maybe you don't notice them because their repetitive posts fit your own biases? 

Anyhow, the way things are going, those same people will be here on Christmas Eve going on about Jack's production. Now that's a real concern right there! We should help them find the peace and happiness!

AjarFailingDog-max-1mb.gif

Actually I haven't been on the site much, I kind of dropped off a few weeks after NFR was released. So from the perspective of someone coming back and looking over threads again, you literally haven't changed at all from the condescending point of view of someone who's stanning an album so hard that they take it personally when other people don't. If you don't want to see people talking about Jackoff's production (why you take it so personally is beyond me) maybe don't hang around on a thread dedicated to an album that he produced. 

Also please look at your post again. You literally fit in with everything you're complaining about lol. 

Anyway. One thing I've noticed about this album is it's really easy to sing along lmao. As someone with no musical training or particular talent in regards to vocals, for her other albums if I'm listening and singing along I'll sometimes have to change the pitch, or miss out a few of the highs or lows. For this one though, I had it in the background while I was copying something out and realised that there was no strain to hit pretty much every note. I really wish she'd wean off the inhalants. 

locals only