Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Why did Cinnamon Girl age like milk after like two weeks... it’s a conspiracy I’m actually interested in

Cherry pt. 2- a song pretty tailored to her glossier lip-gloss cigarettes-on-ig silk-nightgown seekingarrangements cherry-emoji twitter fans that falls short but gets hyped

Born To Die is the Megan Fox of the Lana albums. Ultraviolence is Charlize Theron. Honeymoon is Amy Adams. Lust For Life is some Marvell sellout actress. Norman Fucking Rockwell is Meryl. 

tenor.gif

we're comparing albums to women now? alright jack. 

locals only

HONEYMOON

N/A

criminally underrated masterpiece.  i feel like the reason Honeymoon doesn't get more recognition is bc it leaned all the way in to slow song acid trip realness and the best songs on it arent radio/hit friendly (like all of Lana's best songs).  if critics' opinions and chart ratings mean so much, why is a shitty dance remix of Summertime Sadness Lana's most played single!?!?  Justice for HM, TLY, TBD, Religion, ugh just the whole damn flawless perfect album.  NFR wishes.

BTD, her most influencial

UV, the general fan favorite

Honeymoon, the underdog, the hidden gem

NFR, her most critically acclaimed

LFL not mentioned lol

Doin Time was my most played. I don’t even consider it top 3 of NFR so idek how that happened...

The fact I tought that her managers have some Grammy campaign for her. The clownery.

giphy.gif

The fact I tought that her managers have some Grammy campaign for her. The clownery.

Her managers are to busy bc they try to manage this puta...

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Actually I haven't been on the site much, I kind of dropped off a few weeks after NFR was released. So from the perspective of someone coming back and looking over threads again, you literally haven't changed at all from the condescending point of view of someone who's stanning an album so hard that they take it personally when other people don't. If you don't want to see people talking about Jackoff's production (why you take it so personally is beyond me) maybe don't hang around on a thread dedicated to an album that he produced. 

Also please look at your post again. You literally fit in with everything you're complaining about lol. 

Anyway. One thing I've noticed about this album is it's really easy to sing along lmao. As someone with no musical training or particular talent in regards to vocals, for her other albums if I'm listening and singing along I'll sometimes have to change the pitch, or miss out a few of the highs or lows. For this one though, I had it in the background while I was copying something out and realised that there was no strain to hit pretty much every note. I really wish she'd wean off the inhalants. 

Imagine getting in your feelings and having nothing better do to than to resolve to post and quote articles and reviews excerpts about people praising the album, because you literally have no arguments/original thoughts to use and debate or ague with. :rip:

Better, coming here and throw a hissy fit to the people that don't like Jack as a producer and are able to point out specific elements they don't like about his production style and musicianship. Like he's legit acting surprised that people are talking about NFR and Jack in the NFR thread... I honestly can't relate to this level of foolishness.  :rip:  :rip:

I've said it before, but I'm almost certain that Jared is Jack in disguise. This is the only explanation.  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:

Imagine getting in your feelings and having nothing better do to than to resolve to post and quote articles and reviews excerpts about people praising the album, because you literally have no arguments/original thoughts to use and debate or ague with. :rip:

Better, coming here and throw a hissy fit to the people that don't like Jack as a producer and are able to point out specific elements they don't like about his production style and musicianship. Like he's legit acting surprised that people are talking about NFR and Jack in the NFR thread... I honestly can't relate to this level of foolishness.  :rip:  :rip:

I've said it before, but I'm almost certain that Jared is Jack in disguise. This is the only explanation.  :rip:  :rip:  :rip:

Lol... dude, if you don’t like the album that’s fine. But imagine repeating your self over and over about how much you dislike it, because you can’t stand the fact that others don’t share your same opinion so you have to keep posting and posting in order for you to I guess feel better about it? Idk, move on sis. It’s been a couple months since the album was released already. I’m sure there’s better things to do than to keep complaining about other people liking something that you don’t lol,

Lol... dude, if you don’t like the album that’s fine. But imagine repeating your self over and over about how much you dislike it, because you can’t stand the fact that others don’t share your same opinion so you have to keep posting and posting in order for you to I guess feel better about it? Idk, move on sis. It’s been a couple months since the album was released already. I’m sure there’s better things to do than to keep complaining about other people liking something that you don’t lol,

Lol... dude. Yes I don't particularly like this album, but if you actually read my comments, they are not targeting people that "love" the album and try to convince them otherwise. I'm mainly pointing out specific aspects about the album I find to be lackluster on my end, but also poiting out that having only critics to back up your love for the album is very dishonest and ridicule.

Also, imagine thinking that I, or other people on this thread that write comments similar to mine, are being considered annoying or repetitive because we write comments in a thread dedicated to an album, when on the other hand the only other comments on this thread are "what song grew on you? <3" or "rank you songs from least favourite to most favourite!".

Some people love the album, others don't. But don't come for me for participating in a discussion regarding an album, when there's not much going on, or much substance being discussed, about said album less than four months after its release. Geez.  :toofloppy:

Edit: didn't read you second comment... I guess I can say I was right? lol

imagine coming into a thread called "norman fucking rockwell: post-release discussion" and telling people to stop discussing norman fucking rockwell

Right?

If you can ignore NFR's production flaws, then you can ignore posts. Keep scrolling. :smokes2:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It's still so beautiful. Idk why you're complaining.

We have an outstanding live version stripped.

And a beautiful nostalgic vintage album version with instrumentals.

If you see her Grammy Museum performance she went for the stripped version again.

Just like Without You. Both beautiful versions...

Or Ride when she performed on a Russian/European show.