Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

The title track is a trump diss track. What’s not to love? It’s beautifully written. 

One of the wittiest bitter tracks in her career. It’s far better than so legit or Fuck My Way Up.

Personal, witty, political without being in your face. Genius.

Also just FYI the song is called Fucked My Way Up To The Top, at least get the title right before you go slandering one of Lana’s best songs...... smh tasteless

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Lol @ people complaining that the same publications praising Lana now are the ones who hated on her at the beginning of her career. It's been 10 years. The same people aren't writing the reviews anymore. Opinions change, and staff does too. Stop pretending that the acclaim she's getting now is invalidated by the fact that the same site once hated on her. Honestly, haters can hate as much as they want, but please get over the fact that you're in the minority. At this point the only thing to really say is sucks to be you.

Lol @ people complaining that the same publications praising Lana now are the ones who hated on her at the beginning of her career. It's been 10 years. The same people aren't writing the reviews anymore. Opinions change, and staff does too. Stop pretending that the acclaim she's getting now is invalidated by the fact that the same site once hated on her. Honestly, haters can hate as much as they want, but please get over the fact that you're in the minority. At this point the only thing to really say is sucks to be you.

How exactly is being pissed at critics being a hater...

locals only

The greatest hits so differently now that it's winter. I remember hearing it for the first time on the beach, it was around 10 AM, I was sitting on the sand in front of the ocean, it was windy, but I was trying to be at peace, which I'm not often at all. I loved it so much, but couldn't relate, because I was still doing nothing the most of all, just trying to enjoy the summer as much as I could through hard times and depression.

Now when I listen to it, it breaks my heart because everything has changed in a few months. I started my second year at university and I am often overwhelmed with work, and my mental health went so low again for so many reasons. Now I feel the lyrics. I'm wasted and I miss doing nothing the most of all. Not to sound dramatic or anything, but you really cannot fully appreciate and understand a song if you don't live the lyrics. Even in the most simple lyrics like "I miss Long Beach and I miss you babe", you can find your deepest feelings.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The greatest hits so differently now that it's winter. I remember hearing it for the first time on the beach, it was around 10 AM, I was sitting on the sand in front of the ocean, it was windy, but I was trying to be at peace, which I'm not often at all. I loved it so much, but couldn't relate, because I was still doing nothing the most of all, just trying to enjoy the summer as much as I could through hard times and depression.

Now when I listen to it, it breaks my heart because everything has changed in a few months. I started my second year at university and I am often overwhelmed with work, and my mental health went so low again for so many reasons. Now I feel the lyrics. I'm wasted and I miss doing nothing the most of all. Not to sound dramatic or anything, but you really cannot fully appreciate and understand a song if you don't live the lyrics. Even in the most simple lyrics like "I miss Long Beach and I miss you babe", you can find your deepest feelings.

I feel ya man. 

UV/Honeymoon

Ma’am the song title is called Norman Fucking Rockwell. 

None of the men she’s dated is 6’2. The only man that is 6,2 that upsets her enough for her to post witch craft tweets and rants on Instagram was the Donald.

Gerald who?

You probably think “Rádio” is about a man too instead about her relationship with fame. Like Lana can write really shallow songs (on purpose) sometimes but please...

She literally said that it's about what I said. It's one of the few songs on NFR that she actually explained:

“Working with Jack [Antonoff], I was in a little bit of a lighter mood because he was so funny. So the title track is called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’ and it’s kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he, like, won’t shut up talking about it.

“So often I ended up with these creative types or whatever, and you know, they just go on and on about themselves, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah.’ But there’s a little bit of merit to it also. They are so good. I just like the title track so much that I was like, ‘OK, I definitely want the record to also be called that.'”

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/lana-del-reys-new-album-everything-know-far-2379108

6'2 ... she either used it as a generic measure to indicate someone who's tall (which "6'2" is often used for), or someone's height in Google is out by an inch, which is likely. She has three or four exes who range in height from 6'1 - 6'4.

Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political = Trump diss track = Left leaning = Using Norman Rockwell as the title

Mariners = Feminist anthem IM YOUR MAN

Venice Bitch = typical Lana song lyrically but with experimental production which saves it

Fuck It I Love You = self reflection song just like radio. Fuck it I love my self

Doin Time = Another feminist anthem because a female is singing it.

California = Political

TNBAM = Another diss feminist song

The greatest = Political

Hope = Self reflection feminist song.

Bartender in particular is more interesting in context of the album because it proceeds the greatest. Now she’s at the bar drinking because she’s fed up with trump.

The title Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political

Idk if you're trolling or not but this is killing me

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I really feel you! The Greatest resonates so much with me since it came out because I had to get back to work after the summer break and I don’t know how to see my work anymore. Everything is just so hard and pointless. When she sings « if this is it I had a ball, guess that I’m burn-out after all »... I feel those words with very fiber in my body.

Can’t tell if some people are stupid ignorant or both. A kii

Cola is also not about Harvey Weinstein because Lana said SO??!!!!!

I can’t find the exact articles from 2012 but when paradise got released. She kept denying lyrics about Harvey when asked in interviews. And everyone just assumed it’s not about Harvey LOL...

But here it is again in 2017:

“When I wrote that song, I suppose I had like a Harvey Weinstein/Harry Winston-type of character in mind.”

Finally admitting after YEARS and YEARS of covering it up.

Lana lied all time and about a lot of stupid shit. Cola video, Dark Paradise video, Pretty When You Cry, etc.

Her lips are huge because she loves eating hot peppers. She doesn’t have a “persona”. She even lied about the UV video before it was used for “Freak” that the video was never shot.

how could someone still be oblivious to that?

Listen cupcake, if you can't grasp the difference between denying that a song is about Harvey Weinstein, and this song not being about Trump, then I don't know what to tell you.

She had a relationship (of some sort) with Harvey. It's well-documented. He was later ousted as an abusive scumbag, which is why she denied that Cola was about him.

NFR is blatantly, and obviously, about an ex-lover, or lovers. She said so herself, and the lyrics point to that. I mean, are you really suggesting that Trump "fucked her so good" that she almost said she loved him? And that he writes poetry? Just no.

the mental breakdowns i had to read 10 pages ago because the album is being praised and admired :lmao:

As @@movebaby said a few pages ago, I think the NFR lovers are overestimating how much the NFR non-lovers care. The former seem to imagine that the latter lie awake at night, fuming about the posts on this thread, and shaking our fists in the darkness at the thought of other people enjoying NFR.

Not accurate.

I mean, are you really suggesting that Trump "fucked her so good" that she almost said she loved him? And that he writes poetry? Just no.

bold of you to assert that trump's tweets aren't poetry

it's just the way i feel

We should thank Trump for NFR. The entire concept of the album exist because of him.

Lana already made several songs about Trumps America.

Roachella, California, NFR, The Greatest, Looking For America.

california...? no ma'am

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF