Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

She denied cola was about Harvey in 2012 before the #metoo mess even happened. Please.

In 2017, she denied it outright but it was obvious that it was about him.

Are you saying she never fucked trump??? She ducked Harvey for god’s sake. Why am I even explaining this? Lord help me. She didn’t even mean fuck literally in the song. Majority of lyrics are a figure of speech.

Poetry in this case actually doesn’t mean actual writing poetry. Lmao. A lot of politician are good speakers and likes to make words and lies like a poet. That’s literally what Lana is saying. And you still don’t get it,

Anyways....l-

I know. My opinion that it isn't about Trump is just crazy! Sorry that it's so unreasonable and far-fetched! 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Nfr is not political at all, it's just the greatest which ties into the current culture of the US. The album title reflects that too in a perfectly artistic and condensed phrase.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I'm convinced NFR is about an ex lover, and I'm sure it was the one before the cop. In her live performances, she keeps singing "why wait for the best when I could have you - but I've changed my mind" instead of the long "youuuuu". Talking to her fans, she says "but as some of you may know, I've changed my mind". And that was after they broke up. The song is called Norman Fucking Rockwell because NR was a talented artist that used to paint what Lana thinks is the American dream, or a way better America. She dreams of an America that only exists in art, but the art of Norman FUCKING Rockwell! THE American painter of the 20th century! Her ex was probably really talented at something (and she made the parallel with NR for the song) but acted like a dick with her, hence why there are lines about that man being a kid and putting her through shit.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If you're talking about the general culture of present-day US, you're obviously talking about politics a bit too, but that doesn't make the album 100% political. It's more of a social commentary of which politics make up a fairly small percentage in Lana's case on NFR. That's it,I'm correct, case closed.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political = Trump diss track = Left leaning = Using Norman Rockwell as the title

Mariners = Feminist anthem IM YOUR MAN

Venice Bitch = typical Lana song lyrically but with experimental production which saves it

Fuck It I Love You = self reflection song just like radio. Fuck it I love my self

Doin Time = Another feminist anthem because a female is singing it.

California = Political

TNBAM = Another diss feminist song

The greatest = Political

Hope = Self reflection feminist song.

Bartender in particular is more interesting in context of the album because it proceeds the greatest. Now she’s at the bar drinking because she’s fed up with trump.

The title Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political

If you are not trolling with this, the explanation for California being "political" better be a long, very documented piece.

Anyways, Manchild is literally a meme word started in 2019.

the term man-child was part of my parents’ vocabulary wayyy pre-y2k...i don’t know what you’re smoking but i’d like some

it's just the way i feel

Lol @ people complaining that the same publications praising Lana now are the ones who hated on her at the beginning of her career. It's been 10 years. The same people aren't writing the reviews anymore. Opinions change, and staff does too. Stop pretending that the acclaim she's getting now is invalidated by the fact that the same site once hated on her. Honestly, haters can hate as much as they want, but please get over the fact that you're in the minority. At this point the only thing to really say is sucks to be you.

An even bigger LOL @ people suddenly thinking that critics are right about Lana just because it validates your love for a single album of hers. Where were y'all at when Lana was being slandered publicly for seven fucking years? You don't find it hypocritical, but also disingenuous, of them to act as if Lana suddenly became good overnight? All the while, still treating the rest of her discography like shit? If I have to summarize all the bullshit I've read in those reviews year end/decade end lists, it's this: Lana has subsequently released subpar records, but somehow powered through criticism and hate (from those very same critics) and finally released one great record. So you guys agree with that I see.

People give way too much creds to critics. I've said it several posts back, critics don't create longevity for an artist, fans do and apparently a lot of people think that NFR is overhyped and overrated by critics.

Sometimes some of y'all should get out of the LanaBoards bubble and see the the light of the day. I've read thousands of Reddit posts, Tweets, and comments on both Facebook and Instagram about random people (not even hardcore Lana fans), as well as I've been in touch with several fans and casual fans, a lot of them think the album is being pushed by critics as some sort of modern time masterpiece, while it's just an ok record.

When you have an opinion different than the rest of the bunch and can articulate it well you're considered a hater now? This fucking website.  :rip:

'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' appreciation post. The fact that 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' has the least votes in the poll is truly disgusting. Where is the taste? Where is it? 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it''s a classic, a discography highlight, a song that showcases true honest emotions and growth as a person. One day people will wake up and realize how excellent 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it' truly is, and I'll be ready for that day.

qfrWuBl.png

Ma’am the song title is called Norman Fucking Rockwell. 

None of the men she’s dated is 6’2. The only man that is 6,2 that upsets her enough for her to post witch craft tweets and rants on Instagram was the Donald.

Gerald who?

You probably think “Rádio” is about a man too instead about her relationship with fame. Like Lana can write really shallow songs (on purpose) sometimes but please...

lmao wtf. bad take.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political = Trump diss track = Left leaning = Using Norman Rockwell as the title

Mariners = Feminist anthem IM YOUR MAN

Venice Bitch = typical Lana song lyrically but with experimental production which saves it

Fuck It I Love You = self reflection song just like radio. Fuck it I love my self

Doin Time = Another feminist anthem because a female is singing it.

California = Political

TNBAM = Another diss feminist song

The greatest = Political

Hope = Self reflection feminist song.

Bartender in particular is more interesting in context of the album because it proceeds the greatest. Now she’s at the bar drinking because she’s fed up with trump.

The title Norman Fucking Rockwell = Political

put down the crack pipe for god's sake.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Astral Chain isn't saying every song is about Donald Trump. The album itself is the epitome of the very current culture and the 'Cold (perhaps Hot, now that we're discussing climate change) War' we're living in.