Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It's fucking gorgeous. I LOVE all the photos from the boat, they're so good. The other ones with Chuck and Jack and the flowers are kinda eh, but I get they're like for fun so overall, a really nice booklet

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I really want one of the vinyls but here's the issue - my local record store is getting a shipment in today but he told me he is only getting the standard black ones. should i just go and buy it anyway? or should i order the green one from her site?

g68BRo8.gif

P.S. I almost forgot but did anyone else tear up when you first started listening to the whole thing? Not because of sadness in the music. But just the build up to it, and the emotional release of finally getting to hear it. She does that to me. I like it.  :toofunny:

I wonder when we will get the Instrumentals from the album.

Imagine listening to CG, VB, MAC, NFR, CALIFORNIA, HIAB AND TG instrumentals  :defeated:  the serve

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

P.S. I almost forgot but did anyone else tear up when you first started listening to the whole thing? Not because of sadness in the music. But just the build up to it, and the emotional release of finally getting to hear it. She does that to me. I like it. :toofunny:

I cried of relief that I lived to listen to this record lol.

Ok what I'm gonna say is so weird but do you guys ever thought that too? Especially this August since she announced the release date I often thought "Omg what if I die before the record is out? What if I get ran over by a truck and die without having listened to NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL?" lol The thought of never listening to it kinda scared me

How to Disappear is weird I like it. You were all complaining the album was going to be full of plain piano ballads beforehand and they turned it into something totally leftfield. I feel like it was inspired by Sublime. Especially that short glockenspiel (?) sample that plays a few times. I like it!

and I don't get the jingle bells thing. I think of it as a tambourine. Sure the choice is weird but whatever

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The 1-2-3-4 punch of Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, How to Disappear and California, I-

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

How to Disappear is weird I like it. You were all complaining the album was going to be full of plain piano ballads beforehand and they turned it into something totally leftfield. I feel like it was inspired by Sublime. Especially that short glockenspiel (?) sample that plays a few times. I like it!

and I don't get the jingle bells thing. I think of it as a tambourine. Sure the choice is weird but whatever

After listening to it in FLAC with headphones I think I get where they were going and I like it! but tbh it sounds like it has been terribly mixed.

I think that How to Disappear is the most conventional song on the album in structure and rhyme pattern and lyrics. That's why I loved it so much from first listen at the apple event but I appreciate they tried to like "subvert" it or whatever. They definitely made it like weird just  for fun.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It's surreal that we have a post-release thread of this album :rip: omg

Anyway, I've seen the light. I finally fully appreciate it. Amazing album. It's always been; but I was too critical.

I listend to it last night with my best friend, laying on bed, lights off and talking about love and life... It was gorgeous!

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Lust for Life

Lana Del Ray

Born to Die

I just thought of this but the way Lana, from wearing plain white in all her other album covers, decided to wear fucking NEON for this cover lmao. And changing the car for a boat. Gotta love her

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***