Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

This was really worth the wait, what an album! I am at this point where i am obsessed with every possible song (even though getting used to HTD's new production and TNBAM's changed lyrics took a few listens to get used to)... At this point the order of songs would be (and it's gonna change):

1. Happiness is a Butterfly

2. California 

3. The Greatest

4. Venice Bitch

5. Cinnamon Girl

6. FIILY

7. Bartender

8. TNBAR

9. Doin' Time

10. HTD

11. Love Song

12. NFR

13. HIADTFWLMTHBIHI

14. MAC (and i LOVE this song)

guys critics are going AMAZING, nfr has two 100/100 already. 

but 

what was "hope extended"? what happened to it...

I think it’s just Jack(?) saying something in the background! :)

I turned up the volume to max on my vinyl player and Jack’s voice is on there?? Is this what you were talking about in the leaked snippets?? Something like “you’re real? Are you real? If I wake up one day...”??

https://twitter.com/clampigirl/status/1167507030497746946?s=21

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love the fact that every song is my favorite. Happiness Is A Butterfly, NFR and California made me feel so good. I really do prefer this version of How To Disappear than the live version (I really don't understand what people were talking about when the snippets went out). + This version of The Next Best American Record is such a banger.

I panicked and took 4 editions : Blue Vinyl, Casette, CD standard (no poster in the Fnac one finally) & CD Uncensord that I'll recieve tomorrow. I love that every object have a different design.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Her voice on Bartender during the "I love the little games that we play, from the valley to the beach" & "60 MPH on PCH Drive, here to Long Beach to Newport by your side" lines is exquisite. :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Is the album version of FIILY different than the single version ? I didn't noticed the guitars in the album one (but I listened to it on my big hi-fi so maybe it was layered in the background)

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

ok how is my favorite & the BEST song on the album the one with the LEAST votes?????

How to disappear deserves BETTER

I’m gonna need y’all to hit up the ear store & buy some new ears. Please throw your current ears away :smh:

14417469274.gif

ok so since its impossible to rank this Godly album, here are my ratings of each song

Norman fucking Rockwell - 9/10

Mariners Apartment Complex - 9/10

Venice Bitch - 11/10

Fuck it I love you - 11/10

Doin' Time - 7/10

Love song - 8/10

Cinnamon Girl - 10/10

How to disappear - 10/10

California - 11/10

The Next Best American Record - 9/10

The greatest - 11/10

Bartender - 11/10

Happiness is a butterfly - 9/10

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it - 7/10

ok how is my favorite & the BEST song on the album the one with the LEAST votes?????

I’m gonna need y’all to hit up the ear store & buy some new ears. Please throw your current ears away.

wow the tea tastes really good today

Her voice on Bartender during the "I love the little games that we play, from the valley to the beach" & "60 MPH on PCH Drive, here to Long Beach to Newport by your side" lines is exquisite. :flutter:

I know right. Just the changed lyrics and her slightly different tone make it feel like almost a different melody. That's quite special

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I’m listening to the vinyl and “Fuck It I Love You” is the version from the leak, NOT the single/digital version. Idk if it has the extended version of “Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have- But I Have It” with the talking at the end yet because I’m only on my first listen of the vinyl. I just thought I’d give that update right away before I forgot. It’s the (canadian) standard vinyl if that means anything.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I’m gonna need y’all to hit up the ear store & buy some new ears. Please throw your current ears away :smh:

Why don't you start handing some warning points to... encourage people to open their ears for how good HTD is?  :creep:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i got like halfway through venice bitch last night and had to pause it and take my headphones off so i could hold my cat and cry :defeated:

Also I literally haven’t slept yet and it’s 3pm looool all this news and hype between NFR & WHF has made me so manic that I’m just unable to sleep I’m still fully awake.

I could quote on forever lmao I love that we all feel a type of way. Manic and out of it and dying but loving it  :toofunny:  She da best.

Wow I'm really happy California currently has the most votes, that one came through so hard I was shook and it's my favourite. She really fucking nailed that chorus. Even if I'm not a big fan of "stronger than you really are, faster than my fastest cars" lyrics, the remainder of the song is so good that it erases all that. And I love how she switches up how she sings "you don't ever have to" in the second verse.

Love song made me cry today. When she sings “I like to think that you might stick around. You know that I just live to make you proud” something about that just gives me chills every time.