Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

ok how is my favorite & the BEST song on the album the one with the LEAST votes?????

How to disappear deserves BETTER

I’m gonna need y’all to hit up the ear store & buy some new ears. Please throw your current ears away :smh:

Because it’s ugly? The live version was nothing short of amazing but for some reason they decided to butcher it with that Christmas jingle parade and cheap midi beats ugh that is why

ELLE thanks so much for sharing! (heart)  Sorry about whatever you're going through. Some things in life we'll never get over and some the pain will diminish over time. Unfortunately as some people say it's on God's time not mine. I know when I have had emotional hurts it was almost like having the flu. With the flu you get better when you get better, not much you can do to force the issue. Mostly a function of time, being miserable and just sticking it out and then somehow you slowly heal. So stick with it, feel miserable and trust me one day you will smile again.  :) 

I love the album and have some thoughts but I need to try and focus and consolidate them. I have some opinions which may be unpopular and as a people pleaser I am a little uncomfortable expressing them. We'll see.

On a side note forget Norman Fucking Rockwell. How about I Fucking Tunes. I got my download but it took me the longest time to get it on my IPod!!! Yes I am older but I am not like your technically challenged Dad. I work with computers for a living but am not an Apple guy and every time I try to put music on it it is an adventure! End of rant.

Because it’s ugly? The live version was nothing short of amazing but for some reason they decided to butcher it with that Christmas jingle parade and cheap midi beats ugh that is why

Girl you’re ugly go somewhere! The bells are BEAUTIFUL y’all must hate Christmas it makes no sense at all. byeeEEEEEEE

14417469274.gif

Girl you’re ugly go somewhere! The bells are BEAUTIFUL y’all must hate Christmas it makes no sense at all. byeeEEEEEEE

Yo what I love Christmas but that production was so uncalled for on that song and sounds so cheap I swear I gave it more than one try to let it sink in and grow on me it just won’t happen they must have been strung out on neon when they approved of that

it's not only the jingles imo... her voice is drowned in the track when it should have been the focus instead of the horrible instruments they decided to use :lmao:

I think her vocals sound lovely & I have no problem hearing them - maybe clean your ears or get some better speakers. :hooker:

I love all the instruments in HTD, I don’t know why everybody wanted yet ANOTHER piano ballad.... we have plenty of those on the album already. :smh:

14417469274.gif

I always love reading about everyone’s personal connections with Lana’s songs. I think it’s safe to say we all have those special handfuls of songs of hers that hold special places in our hearts. So exciting that with a new album, comes a possibility of new songs to add to the bundle. We’re so lucky to have an artist like Lana <3 truly can’t imagine life without her art.

giphy-1.gif 

I always love reading about everyone’s personal connections with Lana’s songs. I think it’s safe to say we all have those special handfuls of songs of hers that hold special places in our hearts. So exciting that with a new album, comes a possibility of new songs to add to the bundle. We’re so lucky to have an artist like Lana <3 truly can’t imagine life without her art.

Exactly how I feel! I love this woman so much and her songs have literally carried me throughout all these years and hardships. As long as I have Lanas music I am okay  :crai:  :aw:

mypictr_380x225-7.png

The interludes in HIAB are just SOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and refined. Gosh, her voice!! Especially when she sings "if you're in town on the corner, oh" > GOOSEBUMPS

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

after a few days, i think it's safe to say that my album ranking goes like this:

1. Honeymoon

2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

3. Ultraviolence/Born To Die

4. AKA

5. Paradise

Z3UFbp2.gif

Z3UFbp2.gifZ3UFbp2.gifZ3UFbp2.gif

Z3UFbp2.gif

Z3UFbp2.gif

Z3UFbp2.gif

mess @ me only realizing now that  i left out Lust For Life. :rip:

i'm fine tho.

Z3UFbp2.gif

hello everyone I'm back from being under mod control 

I have to say I LOVE this album and it's probably my favourite 

SOME highlights for me atm are the title track, Cinnamon Girl, California, and HIAB from the new(er) songs

Just finished another run through and I'm getting California now, especially if you apply the Barrie narrative, the lyrics kill. Bartender is definitely the belle of the ball, shes beautiful and a little sultry. And TNBAR is honestly still great, lyrics work hard for me on a strangely specific personal level and when those plates drop wheeewww I wanna throw something with her. This is an ALBUM!